Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 03-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Steelers Lose Bockwoldt to 49ers

Steelers lose free agent Bockwoldt to 49ers
By The Associated Press
Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Linebacker Colby Bockwoldt signed with the San Francisco 49ers today.

Bockwoldt played mostly on special teams for Tennessee last season after two years with the New Orleans Saints, starting 16 games in 2005.

The Titans and the Pittsburgh Steelers also hoped to sign him, but Bockwoldt chose to reunite with 49ers special teams coordinator Al Everest, his coach in New Orleans for two years.

Bockwoldt is the fifth free-agent defensive player to join the 49ers in March, along with cornerback Nate Clements, safety Michael Lewis, defensive lineman Aubrayo Franklin and linebacker Tully Banta-Cain.

San Francisco also re-signed three of its own free agents: defensive end Bryant Young, cornerback Donald Strickland and linebacker Hannibal Navies.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_498543.html
Old 03-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Steelers Lose Bockwoldt to 49ers

Yopu would have to think that Bockwold has a much higher chance of seeing playing time in a poor D like the 49ers compared to the Steelers.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

this means lawrence timmons will be drafted with the 15th pick of the draft.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Is anybody else as concerned as me about Timmons?????
- He had a forgetful combine
- He followed that up with an overweight and slow pro-day at FSU (4.67-40, 13 lbs overweight)
- Maybe the biggest negative of all....Drew Freakin Rosenhaus is his agent

Why the hell would you draft a guy that will probably be "unsignable" after his 1st contract is up....

I dunno if it was this site or another that pointed out:
- Tomlin was at Timmons pro day
- Tomlin was the only NFL HC there

As my good buddy Myron Cope used to say...."Thats a stinky, No, a double-stinky!!!!"
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
Is anybody else as concerned as me about Timmons?????
- He had a forgetful combine
- He followed that up with an overweight and slow pro-day at FSU (4.67-40, 13 lbs overweight)
- Maybe the biggest negative of all....Drew Freakin Rosenhaus is his agent

Why the hell would you draft a guy that will probably be "unsignable" after his 1st contract is up...."
If 2 negatives dont make a positive...then 3 big fat negatives equals stay the hell away!

I would still love to see Poz but the more I am thinking about it and looking into the draft the more I dont think it would happen..But Timmons it seems just wont be a good fit...Overweight Linebackers are never a good fit with any teams..especially the Steelers that thrives on speed and agility.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

I could be very wrong, but I don't see us drafting Timmons now. Nothing to do with the negative workout results, I just don't see where he fits at this point in time. I think it's obvious that we are not switching to the 4-3 at this point in time. With the discussion of Keisel to OLB, which I think makes sense, it would seem to me that building toward the 4-3 from the D-line back would be a smoother transition. To get a 4-3 LB at this point without having the guys up front just doesn't make sense to me. I think they will go after an OLB not the usual DE/OLB for the 3-4 at some point in the draft but someone with more size, maybe S. Bradley (OLB Neb.). Poz is starting to make more sense to me also, for the simple reason I think he could play inside for now and outside later and provide depth at both.

Maybe Tomlin was at the workout just to see for himself what Timmons has to offer. I would say Tomlin would know better than any on the staff what he wants from a LB in HIS scheme, and whether Timmons could help now.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Poor tangibles at work outs and combines may mean that he will be available in the early stages of 2nd round - maybe the Steelers will be able to get him without investing a 1st rounder and only need to trade up for their 2nd pick.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Poor tangibles at work outs and combines may mean that he will be available in the early stages of 2nd round - maybe the Steelers will be able to get him without investing a 1st rounder and only need to trade up for their 2nd pick.

That could be a possibility. I mean trade up in the the second round, we would only be giving up our 2nd round and a late round pick. Does anyone know if we get those Compensatory Picks again this year?
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #9
ajs8207
Starter

Member Number: 2795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz05 View Post
That could be a possibility. I mean trade up in the the second round, we would only be giving up our 2nd round and a late round pick. Does anyone know if we get those Compensatory Picks again this year?
Yeah we should get one for Randle El and one for Kimo, and maybe one other one that I cant remember right now.
ajs8207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
FeaR #83
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5211

whats up with the '9ers they are buying anyone whos on the damn FA!

and whats more for over the top prices!
FeaR #83 is offline   Reply With Quote