Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,104
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,490
Thanked 7,951 Times in 3,509 Posts
Default Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Excerpts from Cowher speaking to high school football coaches - not stop the presses news but this is not exactly the peak of football season so read on if you are interested:

He hinted he might be interested in coaching again after his daughter finishes high school.
"I'll be there (with her) next year as well, this time next year," Cowher said. "I can tell you I will not take any jobs. I know there will be some offers."


He said he wasn't sure he would miss coaching during the season.
"I don't miss this time of year because Pittsburgh never signed any free agents anyway," he said.

Cowher said he needed to get better at golf and then joked that being at home with just his wife might make him want to get back to coaching.

Coach - that last "joke" is going to cost you some new furniture or some serious jewelry

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_499285.html

Sounds like Cowher was enjoying himself.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,481
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,016
Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,687 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Quote:
Cowher said he needed to get better at golf and then joked that being at home with just his wife might make him want to get back to coaching.

Coach - that last "joke" is going to cost you some new furniture or some serious jewelry
although him leaving was obviously a money issue an probably power play, its not like he left chump change on the table. its seeming more and more like the "family" excuse wasnt just lip service. sure hes still gonna find little things to do during the day to occupy some time but it seems like this time away is truly important to him.

im thinking him seeing what happened with andy reids sons just reinforced his decision.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Excerpts from Cowher speaking to high school football coaches - not stop the presses news but this is not exactly the peak of football season so read on if you are interested:

He hinted he might be interested in coaching again after his daughter finishes high school.
"I'll be there (with her) next year as well, this time next year," Cowher said. "I can tell you I will not take any jobs. I know there will be some offers."


He said he wasn't sure he would miss coaching during the season.
"I don't miss this time of year because Pittsburgh never signed any free agents anyway," he said.

Cowher said he needed to get better at golf and then joked that being at home with just his wife might make him want to get back to coaching.

Coach - that last "joke" is going to cost you some new furniture or some serious jewelry

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_499285.html

Sounds like Cowher was enjoying himself.
How DARE Bill Cowher enjoy himself. First - a reality series with a trip down NASCAR Lane and now taking a playful jab at Kaye. Why-------- the nerve!

Thanks for the read, Dan.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Thank you Tribune-Review....

__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
noto45
Bench Warmer
 
noto45's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, IL
Posts: 364
Gender: Male
Member Number: 984
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

can we take all the joey and cowher posts and create a new forum called " Insert whatever regurgetated post comment you want here" PLEASE NO MORE JOEY OR COHWER posts. They are GONE lets move on and focus on the 07 Steelers!
__________________


"You play tough, you play smart, and above all ..... you play physical."
noto45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,104
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,490
Thanked 7,951 Times in 3,509 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

A modest proposal - If you do not want to read the subject matter identified in the post then do not open the thread

NM
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,677
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

wow interesting
__________________

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto45 View Post
can we take all the joey and cowher posts and create a new forum called " Insert whatever regurgetated post comment you want here" PLEASE NO MORE JOEY OR COHWER posts. They are GONE lets move on and focus on the 07 Steelers!
Aww c'mon noto - it's the offseason. I think Dan's advice above is solid. As long as people don't go overboard with the Cowher and Peezy threads, I don't see the problem.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
A modest proposal - If you do not want to read the subject matter identified in the post then do not open the thread

NM
Is that possible?
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto45 View Post
can we take all the joey and cowher posts and create a new forum called " Insert whatever regurgetated post comment you want here" PLEASE NO MORE JOEY OR COHWER posts. They are GONE lets move on and focus on the 07 Steelers!
Why not, Once a steeler always a steeler
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts