Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #21
steelcitysfinestXL
Water Boy

Member Number: 5286
Default Re: Tony Hunt or Michael Bush

all that was found on espn.com by the way
steelcitysfinestXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Thanks...that's some stuff I didn't know.

I may jump on the Bush bandwagon before the draft is here...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #23
jccshakyb
Water Boy

Member Number: 5303

I would take T Hunt, more comlete RB. Also concerns about Bush's injury healing correctly. He just had a second surgery to reposition the metal pin in his leg.
NFL teams need two backs these days.
jccshakyb
jccshakyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #24
steelcitysfinestXL
Water Boy

Member Number: 5286

The only concern w/ Bush is his injury, and thats it. If he would have played last year he would have been drafted top running back in my opinion ahead of Adrian Peterson.(taking nothijng away from AP he is the truth) I def would NOT say Tony hunt is more complete, just maybe less of a risk at this point but i think w/ Najeh, Kuhn, and Haynes( if he gets back from rehab he will be resigned this is something the steelers ahve done B4) its a risk we can take like the bills the year they drafted McGahee after EVERYONE said he wont make it with his injury.
steelcitysfinestXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #25
steel-EERS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2166

if Bush is indeed dropped in the draft I would take a flyer on him in the late rounds if he is there. I would take either Chris Henry from Arizona or Hunt in round three or four. Though I am not sold on Hunt 100% I would have to ask; did he improve from his junior to senior years? I have a DVD of him against OSU his junior year and while he looked pretty nice I wouldn't say he didn't finished runs between the tackles but was pretty versatile. Kind of reminds me of the running back the Bungholes got from michigan a couple years back. Bush is IMO the best big back in the draft hands down; IF HEALTHY!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 PM   #26
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I would waste a 4th round shot at Bush. His upside is great... however, with his injuries in 2 of the last 2 years...

I would be VERY afraid to take him any higher. Here is the thing.. I also wouldn't pick another RB any higher. I know.. .I was saying take Bush in the 2nd. However, that was before we lost Peezy, Hartings, and saw Fanaca as the problem he very well may become.

1st round.. CB/LB.. that hasn't changed
2nd round... OL
3rd Round... CB/LB... the other of the first.. or OL if a CB/LB dropped to the second.
4th round... Bush... if he drops that far
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I am convinced that Bush will go alot higher than 4th round - a team with larger runningback needs with take a shot at him in the 2nd, I think.

Pittsburgh has other priorities - a 'big back' would be a luxury pick with Willie Parker already on the roster.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,809 Times in 4,472 Posts

any thoughts that bush may be sitting around getting "fat"? this should dispell them some.
(if hes there in the 3rd i think we got to take the best player available)
\
http://www.nflplayers.com/Draft/what...x#Michael_Bush

Quote:
Talk about your determination to come back from the broken leg you suffered in September of 2006. Several people think you won't be the same. How do you respond to those critics? Just prove them wrong, you know. You've got a lot of people that are always going to doubt you from the jump. But right now, as far as my injury, I feel fine because I've been sitting out for what, six, seven, eight months just about. When I get out there, the will and determination is what keeps [me] going.

Why didn't you take a medical redshirt and return to Louisville next year? Well, I feel like my age probably played a factor. I'm 22 now, so by the time the draft came around next year, I'd be around 24. I felt like maybe teams would think I was getting old. Also, Coach Petrino left, so a lot of things changed and I just felt like it was time for me to go. The game was getting ... kind of easy.

How difficult was the decision to enter the NFL Draft vs. returning to school? It was kind of tough, because you always want to make the right decision. Dealing with the leg injury, under the circumstances, made it even harder. I didn't know I'd have to have a second surgery, so I went to the Combine. I struggled a little bit [with the decision] and I consulted with my parents and the coaches.

Being pegged as an early contender to win the Heisman Trophy last season, how disappointed were you when your season ended so abruptly? I really wasn't that disappointed; I know that everything happens for a reason. I was glad that my team still made it to the Orange Bowl and got a victory. I did everything I could to support them and keep them motivated.

Considering your injury, why do you think you'd be a good draft pick for an NFL team? Because it's just a broken bone. I don't have any ACL tears, I didn't dislocate my ankle and bones heal back. A lot of people have done it and it happens to people everyday. I think I'm a good player-I'm a motivated guy and I'll bounce back from it and be okay. I'm jogging right now, and I'll be up and running and going in mid-June or July. Right now I'm probably at about 75 percent full strength.

What's one story that describes your personal character? I can give you a good one. I don't have anything childhood-wise, but up until college, I used to play quarterback. My position got changed, and I took the role of sitting back and letting Coach do what he had to do and ... didn't get too overwhelmed or upset about anything and just played my role.

What type of person do you want to be known as? Just a humble guy. I always try to think positive about things and make the right decision. I think it's very important to be a level-headed guy. A lot of people do things without thinking first, so I think it's very important. The way I carry myself on and off the field is being a good guy, always smiling and enjoying life. Just know that I'm going to be there and work hard every time I step on the field.

Several scouts project you as a first-round pick and one of the top running backs in this year's class. What makes you stand out from others at your position, like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Kenneth Darby, Darius Walker and Kenny Irons? Maybe because I'm a little bit bigger than those guys. I think I have good hands and good feet for my size. Those might be the things that separate me. I might not have the speed of Adrian and Marshawn, but at the same time I bring different things to the game so I think that's why I'm different. Being a bigger back, you see what's going on-like Jamal Lewis, he's a big guy and he's running good-you've got Deuce [McAllister]-he's a big guy and he's running good. They're doing fine, and 'The Bus' (Jerome Bettis) had a great career in the NFL. Forty-yard dash time and game speed are totally different. I feel like I can beat you to the corner if necessary.

What are you like in the locker room and how important are relationships with teammates to you? Relationships with teammates are important. You don't have to be friends, but as long as you are doing your job you're going to be friends. Everybody has to do their assignments, and if guys do their jobs, you're going to have a successful team. But it depends on each person; a lot of players are different but it's good to earn the trust of players. I just feel like it opens up the door for different things-you could become close friends and you never know what's going to happen outside of football.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #29
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I am convinced that Bush will go alot higher than 4th round - a team with larger runningback needs with take a shot at him in the 2nd, I think.

Pittsburgh has other priorities - a 'big back' would be a luxury pick with Willie Parker already on the roster.
I'm inclined to agree...the closer we get to the draft..the more I think we may put off RB until the second day..and possible not pick up a Punter until after the draft!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #30
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Out of the two I would take Tony Hunt, I do beleive he is the better of the two backs. Plus with Bush's history problems, that is another reason that Hunt gets the nod. Another running back that I think could be thrown into this question would be Kenny Irons out of Auburn. I know he had a down senior year, but I think he would be a decent second back. Also, with a last name like Irons in Pittsburgh, sounds like a good fit.