Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default BBQ - Texas Style

Not sure if this should be in the recipe section? ARKIE, I know you love your BBQ but don't get any ideas.

Man Kills Then Grills Girlfriend

Mar. 25 - For at least two days, neighbors at a city apartment complex noticed an acrid aroma, black smoke and leaping flames coming from two barbecue grills on the balcony of a second-floor apartment.

What, neighbors at the Red Oak Place apartments wondered, was going on in the unit where 27-year-old Timothy Wayne Shepherd lived? What was he burning at all hours, for days at a time? The answer turned their stomachs.

According to law enforcement officials, Shepherd dismembered, and then burned the body of his former girlfriend, Tynesha Stewart, a 19-year-old Texas A&M University student. Nothing remains of Stewart's body, Harris County Sheriff Tommy Thomas said at a press conference Saturday.

"I just don't know what to think about it," said Louis Evans, whose balcony faces Shepherd's in the quiet tree-lined enclave in northern Houston. "I thought he was a nice normal person. I guess you never know what your neighbors are doing."

Authorities said Shepherd has confessed to strangling and dismembering Stewart, a college freshman who was home on spring break, because he was angry that she had started a new relationship.

Officials first thought Shepherd had disposed of her remains in a large commercial trash bin that had since been emptied, launching an intense debate in the area about whether the Sheriff's Department should conduct a massive and expensive search of area landfills for Stewart's remains.

Stewart was last seen March 15 and was reported missing March 19. The next day the Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide division launched its investigation.

On March 16, neighbors said they first noticed the unusual activity and the unpleasant odor on Shepherd's balcony.

"The smell was awful," said Evans, who also became alarmed after seeing a blaze shoot out from the grills. "I was wondering: What is he burning? Not cooking, but burning. There is a difference."

At times, Evans said, the flames from the grills leapt dangerously close to the roof of the balcony. Evans says he called 911, but when firefighters arrived, the flames had calmed and Shepherd assured them everything was under control.

A leasing agent at the apartment complex also noticed the thick dark smoke and the intense flames and asked Shepherd what he was doing, Evans said. Another neighbor, 18-year-old James Hebert, told The Houston Chronicle that he often cooked out with Shepherd, and even left his grill at Shepherd's apartment. When he wasn't invited over, he asked his neighbor what was going on. Shepherd replied that he was cooking for a wedding, the newspaper said.

Dionne Whitaker, 31, who lives in the complex, said she saw Shepherd carry the grill and smoker to a garbage bin a day or so later, the newspaper said.

Human remains generally require extremely high temperatures to destroy, and authorities have not said how it is possible that Stewart's remains could be completely burned on a patio grill.

"This certainly turned out to be one of the most heinous crimes I've ever seen in my 38 years (in law enforcement)," Thomas, the sheriff, said Saturday.

Shepherd, who is charged with murder, is being held on $250,000 bond in the Harris County Jail. Telephone message left with his attorney, Chip Lewis, were not immediately returned. On Sunday, the door to Shepherd's apartment was covered with plywood boards.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rld&id=5150100
Old 03-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,213 Times in 2,674 Posts
Default Re: BBQ - Texas Style

geeze. what ever happenend to fileting someone in the bathtub and flushing their pieces down the toilet?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
geeze. what ever happenend to fileting someone in the bathtub and flushing their pieces down the toilet?
Or just chopping them up, throwing them in the fridge and cooking it up on the stove? Why bother the neighbors and destroy two perfectly good grills?

It's a damn shame.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Why bother the neighbors and destroy two perfectly good grills?

It's a damn shame.
thats funny you say that cause while reading the article im thinking "did he use a propane or charcoal grill?"

after meditating on it for a few minutes i realized it had to be propane, but some hickory or mesquite chips woulda definitely helped with the smell.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

My other question, why would it take two days? Even if she was chunky you can get that job done in a day. Guy sounds like a slacker if you ask me. I tell ya, they don't make American homicidal maniacs like they used to.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
My other question, why would it take two days? Even if she was chunky you can get that job done in a day. Guy sounds like a slacker if you ask me. I tell ya, they don't make American homicidal maniacs like they used to.
he doesnt even lie that well (although this was the best line in the article):

Quote:
Shepherd replied that he was cooking for a wedding,
Old 03-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote:
i've always found the wood chipper by the river to be the most cost efficient meens to get rid of my ex's. the guy had to go through a hellof a lot of propane in 2 days!
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Not sure if this should be in the recipe section? ARKIE, I know you love your BBQ but don't get any ideas.

Man Kills Then Grills Girlfriend

Mar. 25 - For at least two days, neighbors at a city apartment complex noticed an acrid aroma, black smoke and leaping flames coming from two barbecue grills on the balcony of a second-floor apartment.

What, neighbors at the Red Oak Place apartments wondered, was going on in the unit where 27-year-old Timothy Wayne Shepherd lived? What was he burning at all hours, for days at a time? The answer turned their stomachs.

According to law enforcement officials, Shepherd dismembered, and then burned the body of his former girlfriend, Tynesha Stewart, a 19-year-old Texas A&M University student. Nothing remains of Stewart's body, Harris County Sheriff Tommy Thomas said at a press conference Saturday.

"I just don't know what to think about it," said Louis Evans, whose balcony faces Shepherd's in the quiet tree-lined enclave in northern Houston. "I thought he was a nice normal person. I guess you never know what your neighbors are doing."

Authorities said Shepherd has confessed to strangling and dismembering Stewart, a college freshman who was home on spring break, because he was angry that she had started a new relationship.

Officials first thought Shepherd had disposed of her remains in a large commercial trash bin that had since been emptied, launching an intense debate in the area about whether the Sheriff's Department should conduct a massive and expensive search of area landfills for Stewart's remains.

Stewart was last seen March 15 and was reported missing March 19. The next day the Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide division launched its investigation.

On March 16, neighbors said they first noticed the unusual activity and the unpleasant odor on Shepherd's balcony.

"The smell was awful," said Evans, who also became alarmed after seeing a blaze shoot out from the grills. "I was wondering: What is he burning? Not cooking, but burning. There is a difference."

At times, Evans said, the flames from the grills leapt dangerously close to the roof of the balcony. Evans says he called 911, but when firefighters arrived, the flames had calmed and Shepherd assured them everything was under control.

A leasing agent at the apartment complex also noticed the thick dark smoke and the intense flames and asked Shepherd what he was doing, Evans said. Another neighbor, 18-year-old James Hebert, told The Houston Chronicle that he often cooked out with Shepherd, and even left his grill at Shepherd's apartment. When he wasn't invited over, he asked his neighbor what was going on. Shepherd replied that he was cooking for a wedding, the newspaper said.

Dionne Whitaker, 31, who lives in the complex, said she saw Shepherd carry the grill and smoker to a garbage bin a day or so later, the newspaper said.

Human remains generally require extremely high temperatures to destroy, and authorities have not said how it is possible that Stewart's remains could be completely burned on a patio grill.

"This certainly turned out to be one of the most heinous crimes I've ever seen in my 38 years (in law enforcement)," Thomas, the sheriff, said Saturday.

Shepherd, who is charged with murder, is being held on $250,000 bond in the Harris County Jail. Telephone message left with his attorney, Chip Lewis, were not immediately returned. On Sunday, the door to Shepherd's apartment was covered with plywood boards.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rld&id=5150100

'Killing' amongst warriors whether in self defense or in the name of ones nation and or 'family',....is terrible but sadly sometimes neccessary. This however is an entirely different matter. And i find no humor in it at all.
This guy is a weak, sick F##k. This young woman was a 'civilian' that this P###y murdered and mutilated simply because he couldn't man up and except that fact that life moves on and change is inevitable.
And justice will be served accordingly,.....and i'm not speaking in terms of the 'laws' of man .
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i've always found the wood chipper by the river to be the most cost efficient meens to get rid of my ex's. the guy had to go through a hellof a lot of propane in 2 days!
Yeah, the Fargo technique seems efficient.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

"May you be finished by you own cowardice, madness and impotency"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote