Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #161
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Last season of the Sopranos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I agree. There are way too many questions to be answered. This is not a case of the missing Russian in the woods. These are actual storylines which need to be answered. I wasn't really expecting a Tony Montana type ending, but I did expect more questions to be answered.

As for a movie. It would make huge cash and I believe Soprano fans would come out in waves in order to see those questions answered. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if a movie came out in the distant future. I would definately welcome it.

Also, I have had Journey in my head all day long.
You to...I have been singing Journey all damn day at work.... All day Don't Stop Believing....That was also the 2005 Chicago Whitesox theme song when they won the World Series...I live 55 miles from Chitown so I really hope I never hear that damn song again...
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #162
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Here are my thoughts:

I agree that there are way too many story lines that did not get tied up. There may be a movie or another season after some time to think about it. I think Chase left the door open for such a thing.

I also believe that last night was the final episode. We may get a 15 min ending in the future, but if you remember the talk that Tony and Bobby had in the canoe about when your shot you dont hear or feel anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you notice last night the guy goes to the bathroom and Tony is watching Meadow walk through the door and then BLACK AND SILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even went back to that moment in the canoe last episode when Tony was lying in bed at the end......

I'm 85% sure that Tony was shot and that was it........
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #163
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
but if you remember the talk that Tony and Bobby had in the canoe about when your shot you dont hear or feel anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you notice last night the guy goes to the bathroom and Tony is watching Meadow walk through the door and then BLACK AND SILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even went back to that moment in the canoe last episode when Tony was lying in bed at the end......

I'm 85% sure that Tony was shot and that was it........
I read that theory earlier today. It's good and it's a strong possibility. The guy who walked into the place and sat at the bar was one shady individual for sure.

What was worse? Watching Vito's kid take a dump in the shower or watching AJ's jeep go up in flames? Both were equally pointless, just wondering your take?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #164
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,312 Times in 3,648 Posts

With regard to the final scene in the diner, here is a take in the Washington Post Q&A from someone who had the program on DVR and then broke the scene down frame by frame overnight like the Zapruder film.

The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely genius!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...060802423.html

Chase achieved his goal - raather than talking about what did happen fans are talking today about what will happen, which is no small feat to pull off for what is only a TV show.

There may just be a lot of apologtsts out there for Chase, but this reflects how TV watching is different when you can watch a show repeatedly and then bounce theories around the Internet - for better or worse the Sopranos is the show that best captures those changed viewing dynamics over the last decade.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #165
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely genius!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop."
Mrs. Chase is that you?....

Oh well. It is what it is. An ending with many questions to be answered. If that's what Mr. Chase wanted then so be it. He accomplished his.....'goal'.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #166
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
You to...I have been singing Journey all damn day at work.... All day Don't Stop Believing....
It is now 5:00 PM and I'm still singing the damn song...lol. I need another song. Anything....
Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #167
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

My husband---who has an amazing memory for music and music groups ---said the guy who came in the restaurant in front of AJ was the lead singer of Journey.

can anyone confirm?
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 AM   #168
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
My husband---who has an amazing memory for music and music groups ---said the guy who came in the restaurant in front of AJ was the lead singer of Journey.

can anyone confirm?
Which lead singer? They had had quite a few of them.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #169
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,312 Times in 3,648 Posts

This is a link to an interview with David Chase in the Newark Star-Ledger (what other possible paper could there be?) where he discusses the series and last episode.

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/dav...se_speaks.html

And the Washington Post excerpt i posted yesterday regarding how other patrons at the diner in the last scene were all potential revenge killers has been debunked as being based on a bogus e-mail making the rounds

http://screens.blogs.nytimes.com/200...its-your-turn/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #170
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Chase speaks for himself about the last episode....

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/dav...se_speaks.html
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote