Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #171
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Last season of the Sopranos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I've noticed alot of people are not happy with the final episode and I can't blame them. First off, it took 45 minutes for things to start happening (Phil getting it). I'm still trying to figure out why this was the year of AJ. Talk about a waste of film. A pointless storyline which completely dragged out (Vito anyone?). After coming off one of the better episodes in past seasons, I was personally let down by the final episode.

From MSN on the last episode: http://tv.msn.com/tv/sopranos?GT1=7703

One positive I can take away from this....Tony living. There's always a chance of a movie or maybe even another 'short' season down the road. Ya never know.

Exactly. There is no doubt there will be a movie. It will be a HBO movie at the theaters, cause they know they will make huge $$$$.

I like the ending, but disappointed in the last episode. But believe it was done for a reason.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #172
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

theres no way theres a movie. what will it be about? they ended it like that to keep everyone on the edge of their seat. i just cant see a movie being made about whether or not sil lives; AJ continuing woes, and possible indictments. they is no more tension between NY and NJ as Phil was the only one creating the problems.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #173
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
theres no way theres a movie. what will it be about? they ended it like that to keep everyone on the edge of their seat. i just cant see a movie being made about whether or not sil lives; AJ continuing woes, and possible indictments. they is no more tension between NY and NJ as Phil was the only one creating the problems.
There is always tension. Just because Phil is dead doesn't mean all is forgiven. I'm sure Coco would agree for starters. When John Gotti had Paul Castellano murdered it didn't just 'end' right then and there in front of Sparks Steakhouse. In actuality the violence among the families grew.

Chase can take a movie in many directions and money would be made hand over fist. Chase may have left that ending open for "cinematic artistic" reasons or whatever, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he also left that ending open for future endeavors.

And once again, Chase did not say he was going to make a movie nor has he counted it out. I'm not saying there will be a movie made, but there's always a chance.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #174
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,120 Times in 2,394 Posts

It appears Chase knows a movie would be tough to do - as for future events almost all of the major mob characters other than Tony and Paulie got whacked. In the Star-Ledger article linked above, Chase did not rule out a movie and said perhaps (since the episodes apparently are intended to occur in the time they initially broadcast) that he could do a movie on a "missing" previous year (2006) in which episodes did not run - the problem with that is AJ and Meadow would not be their 2006 age in a future movie.

I hope this was it but if he does a movie I guess he could do a "Trial Of Tony Soprano" and have all the characters that got whacked appear in "flashbacks" of testimony regarding the crimes for which Tony is indicted.

It is time to let go, but for those who want to mainline this season one last time the final 9 episodes are being broadcast in 3 hour chunks from 8-11 EDT next Tuesday through Thursday on HBO2.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #175
pEktaS
Water Boy

Member Number: 5673

i have mixed feelings about the ending, i like how the sopranos will really never end because you know even liek 5 years down the line its gonna pop into your head and your gonna be like what the hell happened and start thinking of the options all over again

BUT

i hate that after some people watched it religiously and loyaly for so long that he would just not commit to an ending whether tony dies or not it would just be to me the right thing to do

me i personally think it was meant to symbolize tony dieing just the way it all went about but noone will ever know except i guess chase and im sure even he isnt sure what he wanted which probably played a part in him doing an ending like that

im praying for a movie but i really really doubt it happens without the characters they killed off
Old 06-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #176
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pEktaS View Post
i hate that after some people watched it religiously and loyaly for so long that he would just not commit to an ending whether tony dies or not it would just be to me the right thing to do
Thank you! A voice of reason.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #177
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
My husband---who has an amazing memory for music and music groups ---said the guy who came in the restaurant in front of AJ was the lead singer of Journey.

can anyone confirm?

I do not believe that was Steve Perry.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 AM   #178
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
I do not believe that was Steve Perry.
Well it all depends on which lead singer..Journey had like 4 of them..but I am pretty sure it wasnt Steve Perry.

Also my boss told me that she heard a rumor that the dvd will have an alternate ending without the fade to black where Tony gets killed. She said she isnt sure if its true but who knows. She doesnt think its true since mob rules state that families dont get touched in the murders and the murders dont happen infront of the families. But try telling that to ol Phil...just a though.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #179
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977

jeez
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #180
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
My husband---who has an amazing memory for music and music groups ---said the guy who came in the restaurant in front of AJ was the lead singer of Journey.

can anyone confirm?
THAT is utterly ridiculous.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote