Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #31
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Last season of the Sapranos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Man, there's so many directions this season can go.

It seems like Phil is going through what Tony went through after junior shot him only ten fold. Before you know it we will witness Phil going door to door selling bibles and spreading the word of the God.

If I'm Tony, I would be more concerned with old school gangster "Doc" Santoro than Christopher or Phil at this point in time. This is a guy who hit Gerry Torciano in the middle of a restaurant while using one of Tony's guy's (Sil) as a diversion. Tony even stated he would rather see Phil as capo di tutti capi in New York over Doc Santoro and he basically begged Little Carmine to take the spot. Little Carmine declined and Phil wants no part of it.

So far I'm very pleased with the way this season is going. Not because there has been two hits in two episodes, but because Chase decided to stay on track instead of beating a storyline (Vito) for 10 straight episodes. You get the feeling that next week and the week after will only get better. I couldn't say that about last season.

Very well said. I too believe Tony is also a step ahead. He thinks prety far in advance. The Torciano killing confused me?

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #32
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
The Torciano killing confused me?
It basically boiled down to a power struggle between Torciano and Doc Santoro.

Gerry Torciano, Phil Leotardo, Little Carmine Lupertazzi and Doc Santoro were all viable candidates for head boss of NY. Phil and Little Carmine have shown very little interest. That left Torciano and Santoro. Torciano was very interested in the opportunity. Doc Santoro did not like that idea and decided to "take" Torciano out of the equation.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #33
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Also, since Doc is a "new" face on the show it will be interesting to see how him and Tony do business together.

Johnny Sac and Tony (while tense at times) kept a pretty solid and calm relationship. Tony and Phil's relationship was heated the majority of the time but things have cooled down. Example, I forget which one of Phil's guys insulted Tony in private, but Phil glared him down in either the first or second episodes this season. While he is still upset over his brother's death, I don't think he blames Tony. I think he blames the "life" in which they live. I believe he is starting to resent his decision to join La Cosa Nostra.

Then there is Doc Santoro who killed Torciano while using Silvio as a diversion. Not exactly a healthy way of starting off a relationship in that business. If you recall Tony was pretty upset with that move. It shows a sign of total disrespect. The guy used Tony's consigliere. It's not like Doc used some low level NJ street soldier.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #34
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Also, since Doc is a "new" face on the show it will be interesting to see how him and Tony do business together.

Johnny Sac and Tony (while tense at times) kept a pretty solid and calm relationship. Tony and Phil's relationship was heated the majority of the time but things have cooled down. Example, I forget which one of Phil's guys insulted Tony in private, but Phil glared him down in either the first or second episodes this season. While he is still upset over his brother's death, I don't think he blames Tony. I think he blames the "life" in which they live. I believe he is starting to resent his decision to join La Cosa Nostra.

Then there is Doc Santoro who killed Torciano while using Silvio as a diversion. Not exactly a healthy way of starting off a relationship in that business. If you recall Tony was pretty upset with that move. It shows a sign of total disrespect. The guy used Tony's consigliere. It's not like Doc used some low level NJ street soldier.
I don't know 83, I think that he is still upset that Tony took out Tony B. I know that Phil wanted that honor and when Tony took it from him I think he buried it deep down and it will turn it's ugly head. More then likely I'm wrong, but it would not shock me.

It would not be a stretch for David Chase to set up the viewers to think that Little Carmine does not want to be the "BOSS" and then turn and make a run at the top position.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #35
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

83, it was last weeks episode. The bald guy.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #36
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Well, Doc is "out" and Phil is in. I didn't see that coming (at least not this early). I'm not exactly seeing where the Uncle Junior and the Asian kid story is going? I hope that storyline doesn't drag on for the next six episodes. A buddy of mine was on the edge of his seat while Tony and Paulie were on the boat. I kept telling him "He's not going to do it. He's not going to do it"...lol.

IMO, this past episode wasn't exactly the greatest episode up to this point in the season. I wish they would have focused more on Phil's intentions towards Doc instead of Uncle Junior in the looney home. It seemed like Chase spent 55 minutes inside the looney home and then "threw" in the Doc Santoro hit to liven it up a bit.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #37
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

i think in the end either Christopher or Tony will end up dying by each others hands. someone from Tony's crew will get locked up another one dead. AJ doesnt have what it takes to be a boss. i dont know who would take over if something happens to Tony.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #38
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

The Asian kid either A. killed Junior or B. will kill Junior.

Am I the only one rooting for Paulie to get killed?
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #39
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Well, whatever happens next with the Asian kid and Junior, hopefully it happens quick and we can get back to business.

I'm a Paulie fan. I like Tony the best with Christopher coming in as a close second, but if there is one person on that show who I would like to see gone it's Anthony Jr. I don't like the character and I think Robert Iler is a horrible actor. I was hoping for an O.D. last season.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #40
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Well, whatever happens next with the Asian kid and Junior, hopefully it happens quick and we can get back to business.

I'm a Paulie fan. I like Tony the best with Christopher coming in as a close second, but if there is one person on that show who I would like to see gone it's Anthony Jr. I don't like the character and I think Robert Iler is a horrible actor. I was hoping for an O.D. last season.
His voice sounds like someone running over a cat with a vaccum cleaner.

As long as Meadow doesn't get caught in some kind of freaky cross-fire, we're good to go.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote