Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,093 Posts
Default Re: LLT Steeler Supplemental draft

why have you conceded moses will not be a steeler?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Yeh.. I like your picks lambert...
except that I dont think that we will take a RB that early unless he is a big surprise RB that shouldnt have lasted that long. I think that the Steelers are in a position of being good enough there to wait til later and maybe taking a chance on RB Michael Bush with 1 of our compensatory picks. I like the pick of P Podlesh as well.. I am just afraid that as good as he is he may not last that long. Pretty good draft there though. I really dont think that Baraka Atkins will last that long either..
Jesus Saves Sinners Every Day
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Ha.

Hey who asked you?

Dont have to be asked in this country we have freedoms!!!

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
why have you conceded moses will not be a steeler?
I believe with all my heart that Moses will be a stud ...but everyone has decided he
is too slow....the draft I just posted isnt who I wanted..but rather the way I think the steelers may go....personally If I was drafting I would go with Levi Brown in the first...Moses in the second...Eric Wright in the third...Michael Bush & Laurent Robinson in the fourth...Enoca Lucas & Dan Saducci in the fifth... Adam Podlesh in the sixth and Ryan McBean in the seventh

I am staying with the original picks in this thread however..because It seems that Moss is the sexy first round pick ...and we have to base the rest of the draft off of it....the hardest thing about these mock drafts is realizing that with every trade/injury/FA signing..the WHOLE draft changes...so the mock SHOULD change with it...

That being said....some things will not change..like which OLB fit a 3-4...which players have character issues....

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 03-28-2007 at 09:40 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #15
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

My last "STEELER" draft before Saturday.

1) Darell Revis CB
2) Sidney Rice WR
3) Stewart Bradley OLB
4) Baraka Atkins DE 4b) Doug Datish C
5) Allen Barbre OT 5b) Adam Podlesh P
6) Nate Ilaoa RB
7) Roman Fry OG
Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,093 Posts

nice draft. (i like the idea of impact players early and the o-linemen late) there seems to be alot of linebackers who can be found in the mid rounds. of course i am intriguesd by quincy black as a 2-3 year project who can pay divedends on st's right away. i think we could do pretty well drafting a wr in the 2nd, i would just like to find a way to get a rb in the 3rd plus another one late in the draft. this list reads like a whos who of players id like:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10139231

Quote:
OF ALL THE PLAYERS I HAVE INTERVIEWED THIS SPRING, WHO HAS IMPRESSED ME THE MOST?
Because of my daily radio show on Sirius Radio, I get a chance to talk with many of the draft-eligible players, and I must say there are many impressive athletes. So many members of the class of 2007 struck me as mature and grateful to be in a position to be drafted into the NFL.

There's no doubt that the discipline policy standards being set by Commissioner Goodell have already had an effect on this draft class, and for the most part, I expect much less trouble when the class of 2007 enters the league.

Some of my favorite interviews in the past few weeks are more about guys who show a love of the game, the ones with the mental aptitude to make the transition from college football to the pros and simply the men any GM would love to have on his football team. Not all of these candidates are first-round picks, but they sure made a solid impression on me.

1. Anthony Gonzalez, WR Ohio State -- Gonzalez was about as good as it gets. He's extremely bright, has an in-depth knowledge of the game, displays a maturity beyond his years and understands defenses. Gonzalez is earmarked for the second round off his speed and production, but if a team steps up late in the first round it would be a good football decision.

2. LaMarr Woodley, DE Michigan -- I talk with Woodley every week, and over time it became clear what a tough competitor he is. Don't misconstrue his size (6-foot-1, 265 pounds) for a speed rusher. When I challenged him about run defense, he directed me to the game against Wisconsin. He lined up opposite top 10-pick OT Joe Thomas. Woodley takes as much pride in his run defense as he does in getting after the quarterback.

3. Brian Leonard, RB Rutgers -- It was clear in talking to Leonard that he does want his chance to run the ball before switching to fullback. He told me he could have left school a year ago before Ray Rice emerged as the big-time back and moved into the top running back spot. Leonard felt like he had to see the Rutgers rebuilding program through to the end and stayed. My impressions of Brian are he's extremely versatile and the ultimate team player. He's probably a second-round guy, but don't be shocked if he lasts 10 years in the NFL.

4. Quincy Black, LB New Mexico -- Black knows he has to work super hard every day to stay in the NFL. Getting drafted isn't the end play for the kid from Chicago. He convinced me he understands it is just the beginning of the process. You would be surprised how many drafted players think they have arrived when they hear their name called. He will be a steal late in the third round or early on the second day.

5. Tim Shaw, LB Penn State -- He spent his college career in the shadow of Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny but is unfazed by the lack of publicity. He told me he competed with Paul every single day of his college career: in the weight room, on the field and probably in front of video games. Shaw knows the game and the longer you talk to him, the more he sounds like a Belichick-type player: some pass rush skills and can drop in coverage. By the way, he told me he had a fair amount of success everyday in practice rushing against teammate and surefire first-round tackle Levi Brown. It could be the second day before he hears his name called, but I would be surprised if he doesn't make a team.

Nebraska running back Brandon Jackson has his mind set on his goals.
6. Brandon Jackson, RB Nebraska -- Some call him a "sleeper" running back. Jackson is an underclassman who some feel should have stayed in school. I challenged him on that subject, and he convinced me he will not be fazed if he drops to the bottom of the second round or even the third round. There is a toughness about him when he speaks that can convince the listener there's nothing you can throw at this kid in the way of adversity that is going to upset his plan to excel in the NFL.

7. John Wendling, S Wyoming -- Want a real smart guy to line up your defense and make plays on the back end of the defense? Every team is looking for that player. Here's a kid who had straight A's in high school all the way through. He could have gone to Harvard or Stanford, but he decided to stay home and make the best of his local school. His dad was also his high school principal and the discipline he was raised with comes out in the interview.

8. Garrett Wolfe, RB Northern Illinois -- The little big man goes right at the issue of his size. I wouldn't say he has a chip on his shoulder about being 5-7, 186, but he sure can convince you that he's plenty big enough to play in the NFL. Heck, in the middle of discussing his 52 rushing touchdowns and five receiving scores in college, we got into a conversation about his high school days. As a freshman in high school on the varsity team, he scored eight touchdowns at 4-10 and 86 pounds! He probably needs to add punt returning to his skill sets because he never returned a punt in college. Still, the end of that interview left me with the impression that the size of his heart far outweighed his physical size.

9. Rufus Alexander, LB Oklahoma -- Alexander is apparently slipping down draft boards, but you would never know it from talking to him. Alexander is always upbeat, and just waiting for the chance to prove he can play in the Sunday league. His old teammate Davin Joseph, now a starting guard for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, told me Rufus reads the run fast and makes plays, never misses practice and loves to play the game. The more I talk to Rufus, the more I would want him on my team. When I watched him at the Senior Bowl, it sure didn't look like he was going to slip in the draft.

10. Stewart Bradley, LB Nebraska -- It's hard to find guys with the size and athletic ability to play Sam linebacker on the line of scrimmage. Stewart has both qualities, plus he's smart and has played enough man coverage to make a defensive coordinator feel comfortable that he isn't limited to just zone coverage calls. He told me there were plenty of times at Nebraska that he would line up on slot receivers and cover them. He was a high school rugby teammate of Haloti Ngata (starting defensive tackle for the Ravens) and is a capable open-field tackler. He could wind up with a career similar to Bill Romanowski on the football field. Bradley is a real smart player who could be a perfect third-round pick for a team like the 49ers or Jets.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #17
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

I know what you mean Tony!!!...If we had 9 1st and 2nd round draft choices...I would be much happier!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

tony .... I would love to see Gonzalez, Shaw, Woodley, Leonard, and Bradley in Steelers uni's
nice read...thanks
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #19
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachspeak33 View Post
tony .... I would love to see Gonzalez, Shaw, Woodley, Leonard, and Bradley in Steelers uni's
nice read...thanks
We could concievably get 4 of those...Gonzales and Woodley would be reaches in the first.... Leonard should be there in the second...Bradley in the third...and MAYBE shaw in the 4th.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
coachspeak33
Banned

Member Number: 2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
We could concievably get 4 of those...Gonzales and Woodley would be reaches in the first.... Leonard should be there in the second...Bradley in the third...and MAYBE shaw in the 4th.
We could potentially get those 4 guys (or similar players) if we were able to exchange Faneca for additional 2nd and 3rd rounders....Detroit, Atlanta, Houston - all are viable places where Faneca could land....of course Mr. Colbert needs to cooperate

I enjoy your draft ideas LLT....curious about your thoughts on this....

Trade down from 15 to 20's range (allowing us to add a 3 or 4)
Trade Faneca to one of said teams for a package of 2, 3, and a 2 or 3 next year
leaving us with
1st rounder in the 20's - get best LB availabe (Pozlusny, Timmons, Beason)
early 2nd rounder via Faneca trade- grab Gonzo and say peace to Cedric
our 2nd rounder- Chris Houston
early 3rd via trade- Leonard or Hunt
our 3rd rounder- Doug Datish
3rd via trade down-Shaw or Bradley

possible day 2 picks that I like:
Andy Alleman, Prescott Burgess
coachspeak33 is offline   Reply With Quote