Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #11
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Devout our lives to jesus???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerFan View Post
ok so i was reading wedosestellers2006 post and at the end it said "MY PRAYER FOR YA'LL IS THAT SOME DAY SOON YOU WILL TURN YOUR LIFE OVER TO JESUS CHRIST...
AMEN
ELVIS"

So after reading this i became extremely upset and spoke to someone else on the forums hometown girl who after i send her what i thought was offensive said this

"Remember - Jesus Christ was King of the Jews."

wow did that not make anything better now that is the worst

so here is the info guys

1) Jesus did not fulfill any major messianic obligations in Judaism. Since he was Jewish, therefore he is not the Messiah.

2) To worship a man as G-D is idolatry, the antithesis of your Bible

3) Jesus was a Rabbi, and during his times, Rabbi's had to be married to be ordained. Therefore, Jesus was married.

4) If Jesus is merciful, why would He make ppl burn in hell for eternity?

5) Arhceological evidence suggests that Jesus was not crucified

he is not our king and will never be

i am a jewish man and proud, i will an neither will any jew ever turn over our lives to jesus or any mortal human being.
So yea i really think religeon should be kept off the boards as in sigs and avatars it can just cause problems and i dotn think a fourm like this should have religeon involved it is the most arguable subject in history and i would hope u all agree.
ParkerFan, I could counterpoint every one of the things you pointed out. I'll just leave it at, I have several Jewish friends who have fully accepted Jesus as Messiah. I also have several Jewish friends who have not, however they would not make the claims that you have here.

If you truly don't believe that you want to be involved in religious discussion on this forum, then why make this post???? And further, of what benefit is it to call someone out that you had a private conversation with??? Sounds controversial and argumentative to me.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Here we go again. This is why message boards are the worst place to be trying to spread your religious messages. For the record, I am firmly against any and all attempts to spread any religious messages through this, or any other, message board.

Leave that behind when you get on these boards, I have neither the time nor the tolerance for it.
i feel the same about retarded bunglefans, but i guess if they can spread their message here...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #13
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

You'll have to forgive me. I was drug through most of the Christian religions as a child. What I know most about religion is that I don't like it.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Folks - this is the Locker Room - any topic within reason is welcomed. I see nothing at all wrong with free expression as long as the COC is not violated and members keep the discussion respectful.

We'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #15
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Here we go again. This is why message boards are the worst place to be trying to spread your religious messages. For the record, I am firmly against any and all attempts to spread any religious messages through this, or any other, message board.

Leave that behind when you get on these boards, I have neither the time nor the tolerance for it.
CAN I HAVE AN AMEN!!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #16
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

And for the record... It's not DEVOUT.... It's DEVOTE.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
ParkerFan, I could counterpoint every one of the things you pointed out. I'll just leave it at, I have several Jewish friends who have fully accepted Jesus as Messiah. I also have several Jewish friends who have not, however they would not make the claims that you have here.

If you truly don't believe that you want to be involved in religious discussion on this forum, then why make this post???? And further, of what benefit is it to call someone out that you had a private conversation with??? Sounds controversial and argumentative to me.
haha ok lol a few things your "jewish" firends that say they have accepted jesus as the mesiah are called "jews for jesus" they arent accepted as jews in the jewish community aroudn the world i am sorry so yea and also ok u can walk but now talk counter point them

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

As far as I am concerned, and im pretty sure im in tune with the board owner, religious talk is fine as long as it isn't intruding upon the football discussion.

The lockerroom exists so we can discuss a wide range of subjects, not so we can start up threads telling people what they can and can't post.

Parkerfan - you've only been here a short while - try and show a little humility instead of trying to act like some type of forum enforcer - it really isn't your job to do that.

If you have a problem with a person or a post, you should report it..... as you did.

But when a mod tells you that the matter is dealt with - you should consider it done with.

Have a think about what a boring place the forum would be if people were allowed to veto stuff they didn't agree with.

So, by all means share your thoughts on the existence of god (or not as it maybe) just don't try to shape forum policy while you are at it.

Thanks
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #19
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
as a supposed "devout" follower of a faith you claim, i dont think you have much room to bitch and moan if you have to ask this question.

who knows, maybe the admin will change the rules to appease you, chief.
i will say it again "uh dude we dont call hashem yahweh ok thats the roman christian way of sayign his name, and u obliviosly dont know about my religeon because calling my g-d yahwea is sayign his name is vain"

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #20
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydfan4life View Post
Stop your crying Parker. If you don't like someone's avatar or sig just don't read it. Either that, or just ignore it. You sound like the friggin civil rights movement or something. This is AMERICA pal, where freedom means FREE. Some posts I read are offensive to me. I just click out of 'em and go on to something else, not cry and whine to everyone that my feelings have been hurt or that I have been offended and so and so shouldn't be allowed to offend me, blah, blah, blah.....

There's a simple solution..... and I know I'm coming across pretty harsh...... but if you don't like what you see, either don't look at it or leave and find another board!

I get so tired of hearing people piss and moan about how they've been 'offended' by someone or something, especially when it comes to the subject of religion.

Deal with it.
Right on the money, Lloyd! Thank you.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread