Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-03-2005, 11:59 AM   #21
sisitki
Water Boy

Member Number: 660
Default Re: The Ohio State Football Thread

Ok, Suit. I figured I post this here since you might not read the PSU thread. What's your PSU / OSU prediction? Based on your previous picks, please say OSU. After the Minnesota game, I think we have a better chance than I indicated in our exchange a few weeks ago. However, we were still missing some easy opportunities against the gophers. I think the OSU D will be the difference. I'll go 23-10 Bucks. Game being closer than the score indicates but I think the PSU freshmen will have a hard time adapting to a good D.

2 two unknowns are MRob's turnovers and OSU away from the shoe. All your games thus far have been at home, correct? My prediction above assumes he has a couple.
sisitki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #22
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Am I the only Buckeyes fan here?
Never had time to watch college ball before, but for the past 6 years I have been turned into a complete Buckeye freak. Not quite as bad as I am on Sunday with the Steelers, who am I kidding, HA! I love smashmouth football and I get to see it on Saturday and Sunday. Yeah Baby!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Yeah, well...since I think I am "Oh for 2005" in college ball, I'm gonna go with:

PSU 4782
OSU 4

Now that we have that out of the way. PSU brings the athletic QB look, but OSU has seen it before, and in better form, in Vince Young....plus, Young can actually throw the ball a little...

OSU defense has the ability to just absolutely take over and dominate the game against any team in the Country, and I don't think PSU's offense has enough juice to hang. The Buckeye's offense is getting a little better each week, too, which is bad news for the Big 10. One disappointment so far has been the lack of Teddy Ginn touches...I think that changes this weekend. As for the "Shoe advantage", that gives OSU a little extra chip on their shoulder...they usually play quite well in their first big road game, especially under Tressel.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:10 AM   #24
sisitki
Water Boy

Member Number: 660

I watched most of the TX game but just part of others. I agree with the Ginn comment. He doesn't seem to get the ball much this year. Maybe D's are just keying on him. Doesn't matter, the kid on the other side (Holmes?) seems to pick up the slack just fine.

Mrob is no Vince Young. That's for sure. He's getting better but I think making him play wideout because of our lack of talent at receiver the past few years has hurt him.

As far as CowherLovers comment, OSU does play smashmouth. One reason I enjoy watching them, intense D. I used to hate every football team in Ohio equally but since moving to Michigan, I have learned to appreciate OSU a little. Nothing better than coming to work with a bunch of Wolverine fans after they lost to the Bucks. Well, that's later in the year.
sisitki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:18 AM   #25
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to get Hawk in the draft?! Sorry to see that your stuck in that state up North, I'm sure they're all jacked up after beating MSU. That kid Hart is no joke. He definitely brought a spark back to that team last week. I've been listening to Tressel's radio show this week and I think the offense is going to have some different looks to it this week. Can't wait!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #26
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to get Hawk in the draft?! Sorry to see that your stuck in that state up North, I'm sure they're all jacked up after beating MSU. That kid Hart is no joke. He definitely brought a spark back to that team last week. I've been listening to Tressel's radio show this week and I think the offense is going to have some different looks to it this week. Can't wait!
Any team who gets Hawk will have a hell of an improvement on defense, but I think he is projected to go in the top 5 or 10, I think Carpenter is projected as a 1st rounder also but he might be an eary 2nd!!!
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:56 PM   #27
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Hawk is gonna be a good one on Sunday's...he's instictive and is always around the ball. He's also fast.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #28
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Ohio State made a fan out of me when they beat a Miami team that I just couldn't stand. Ever since then I've been rooting for them and since they don't usually play ND, it's a fine relationship. On the other hand, it's always nice to see Penn State playing well. But I think the Big Ten is there for Ohio State's taking this year.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #29
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

I try to steer clear of predictions,the competition is alot more"fierce" this year. This week for OSU is gonna be like this week for the Steelers. If you use Texas as a measuring stick for OSU I think we're up there a ways. I think SD is gonna be the stick on Sunday for us, let's hope for a perfect weekend! Hell if Little E could manage a win on Sunday that would be the trifecta!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #30
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Posted this at the PSU thread, but maybe some diehard OSU fans won't go there...

Here's a little breadown of the game...Damn, I love Prime Time College Football!

SERIES INFORMATION
This will be the 21st meeting between the schools. The series, which began in 1912 with a 4-0 Penn State winning streak, is deadlocked at 10-all. The Buckeyes have won the last three meetings between the two teams, including a 21-10 verdict last year in Columbus. Penn State, however, has won four of the seven games played in Beaver Stadium. The Buckeyes' last loss to the Nittany Lions was a 29-27 setback in 2001 in University Park, Jim Tressel's first year at the Ohio State helm. OSU was a 21-20 victor in 2003 in University Park.

PSU COMPARING THE TEAMS OSU
5-0 Records 3-1
36.6 Points Per Game 28.5
16.6 Opp. Points Per Game 12.8
224.6 Avg. Rushing Yards 191.0
232.4 Avg. Passing Yards 194.5
457.0 Avg. Total Offense 385.5
90.6 Opp. Avg. Rushing Yards 41.0
218.0 Opp. Avg. Passing Yards 208.0
308.6 Opp. Avg. Total Offense 249.0
31/62 Third Down Conversions 33/62
21/173 Pen./Yards 23/228
27:17 Avg. Time of Poss. 34:23
15 Sacks By 16
8 Sacks Allowed 5
6-4, 307 Avg. Ht./Wgt. Off Ln 6-5, 305
6-4, 276 Avg. Ht./Wt. Def Ln 6-3, 284

RECAPPING LAST YEAR vs. PSU
The Buckeyes jumped out to a 14-0 lead on a 67-yard punt return by Ted Ginn and a 24-yard interception runback by safety Tyler Everett and went on to record a 21-10 victory in Columbus. Fullback Branden Joe scored his first career touchdown on a 4-yard run to put the Buckeyes ahead 21-7 at the half. Joe's score was set up by a 65-yard kick return by Maurice Hall. A.J. Hawk had 13 tackles and Anthony Schlegel added 11.

The teams seem pretty evenly matched on paper. Should be a good game, but I'd be shocked if OSU let this one get away...