Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-31-2007, 01:39 AM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,897 Times in 1,655 Posts
Default Re: trade faneca and #15 pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim View Post
I think I've lost touch with today's fans...trading Faneca now is just insane, and it won't happen, but the fact that it's even being considered just rocks me...

The Hutch thing was an anomaly and the NFL will have to readjust after they get over the new TV money. You can't pay OG's LT money...it just won't work.
how was the hutch thing an anomally when it was repeated the following year with far lesser players involved?

Buffalo's best acquisition thus far in free agency has been ex-Washington Redskins left guard Derrick Dockery. The Bills set the market for interior O-linemen by signing the 6-foot-6, 325-pounder to a seven-year, $49 million deal with $18 million in guaranteed money. Shockingly, it's the same contract the Minnesota Vikings signed Steve Hutchinson to last offseason, which was at the time the largest deal ever for an offensive guard.

Later Friday, the Cleveland Browns signed the consensus top guard, Eric Steinbach, to a seven-year, $49 million deal with $18.5 in guarantees. Therefore, the Bills' front office and coaches perhaps believed Dockery, not Steinbach, was the best guard available.

i agree it doesn't work,thats why these teams will stay bad or mediocre and in cap hell. the rooneys are to smart to paint themselves into a corner over any one player, but a lot of owners are not.thats why faneca will get a big payday and believe it or not,it won't be by the steelers. you shouldn't point the finger at fans as if there guilty of blasphemy,when were just being realistic. your right,they may not trade faneca,so we get one more year out of him,then he walks just like they let porter.and for what? a 3rd rd compensation pick?
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

That's what I'm saying...if you spend all your money on OG's, how will you be able to afford skill players who are going to be demanding 100 million dollar contracts?

Short-term overspending is only justifiable if you are a piece or two away from contention...teams like the Browns and Vikes need a lot more than an OG to be in contention.

But that does give players a choice...get overpaid to play on shitty teams or play for less and win.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #23
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
That's what I'm saying...if you spend all your money on OG's, how will you be able to afford skill players who are going to be demanding 100 million dollar contracts?

Short-term overspending is only justifiable if you are a piece or two away from contention...teams like the Browns and Vikes need a lot more than an OG to be in contention.

But that does give players a choice...get overpaid to play on shitty teams or play for less and win.
suit,you've got me pretty confused. at one point you say "I'd rather pay Faneca big cash than some untested rook..."
then its "if you spend all your money on OG's, how will you be able to afford skill players who are going to be demanding 100 million dollar contracts?"
so what exactly is your position on what they should do with faneca?
a trade him this year
b let him play out his contract then let him walk
c pay him the kings ransome
Old 04-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #24
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
suit,you've got me pretty confused. at one point you say "I'd rather pay Faneca big cash than some untested rook..."
then its "if you spend all your money on OG's, how will you be able to afford skill players who are going to be demanding 100 million dollar contracts?"
so what exactly is your position on what they should do with faneca?
a trade him this year
b let him play out his contract then let him walk
c pay him the kings ransome

My definition of "Big cash" needs to be "Steelerized".

If Alan wants to stay on a winning organization, he should accept a big pay raise. A BIG pay raise.

But if he wants to play for Cleveland or Arizona or Detroit, than, by all means, accept some crazy contract that is worth 3X what he's worth.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #25
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
My definition of "Big cash" needs to be "Steelerized".

If Alan wants to stay on a winning organization, he should accept a big pay raise. A BIG pay raise.

But if he wants to play for Cleveland or Arizona or Detroit, than, by all means, accept some crazy contract that is worth 3X what he's worth.
then its option b....
Old 04-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #26
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

No, it's option D.

Let him play out his contract and have him sign a reasonable deal with a team that is poised to win one or more championships over the life of the contract.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
No, it's option D.

Let him play out his contract and have him sign a reasonable deal with a team that is poised to win one or more championships over the life of the contract.
you do know he has a family to feed ? we are talking about the same guy who's already shot off his mouth because his guy,didn't get the hc job. that alone makes me believe a hometown discount isn't an option for faneca.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #28
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

"Shot his mouth off"?

This is a guy who's name is mentioned less than 10 times a season, and it's NEVER because he missed an assignment or gave up a sack.

Yeah, he's a real troublemaker
Old 04-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #29
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
I don't think we will trade up, but I do thinkAZ will look to trade down, they can fill thier needs farther down the list and get more players.
That would be the smart thing for the Cardnals to do, but I would never believe the Steelers would make that trade.. NO WAY..
Just waitn' on my ride!! Jesus Is Coming Soon
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #30
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
"Shot his mouth off"?

This is a guy who's name is mentioned less than 10 times a season, and it's NEVER because he missed an assignment or gave up a sack.

Yeah, he's a real troublemaker
Never missed an assignment? Seems like he gets beat atleast once a game to me... Faneca is ok but he has made the Pro Bowl last year on rep only in my opinion..
Jesus... King
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote