Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #21
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: Prospecting for Draft Day "Sleepers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim View Post
Especially since these same DB's (minus Hope) were on a SB winning team 18 months ago that finished the season as the 4th best defense overall.

Or could it be that the fact the front seven ranked in the top five against the run, our Qb didn't turn the ball over, the coaching staff put together great game plans in regards to the 'element of surprise' in the playoffs, and the ball control personel to 'kill the clock',........compensated for a secondary ranked 16th in the league ?

And Is there even any need to mention the good fortune of Troy and the backers making plays at 'crucial' moments ?
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
So what your are saying is,...simply because we won a World Title,...our Db's are elite (or even near as such) players as individuals ????
Nope, but I AM saying that we have a capable and talented group of DB's who, through a series of unfortunate and unforeseen events had a less than stellar year as a group. Just because they suffered a few injuries and set-backs, I'm not willing to toss the baby out with the bath water, but I'm always amused by the people who knee-jerk and want to tear the whole house down because the faucet leaks...

Fortunately for us, the Steelers FO is very, very wise. There will be no CB's drafted early this year.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #23
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
Nope, but I AM saying that we have a capable and talented group of DB's who, through a series of unfortunate and unforeseen events had a less than stellar year as a group. Just because they suffered a few injuries and set-backs, I'm not willing to toss the baby out with the bath water, but I'm always amused by the people who knee-jerk and want to tear the whole house down because the faucet leaks...

Fortunately for us, the Steelers FO is very, very wise. There will be no CB's drafted early this year.

When was the last time one of our secondary's has had what you would consider a 'stellar' year in the recent past ? And WHOM said anything about 'tossing the baby out with the water' ? Or,... 'tearing down the house' ? (both of which would seem to imply COMPLETE retooling of the secondary and or team )
If you are speaking of me,....you are sadly mistaken,....i said no such thing. What i have always said was simply this,.....that this organization would be better served taking the CORNERBACK position more seriously than they have in recent years.

And though it may be 'fortunate' for you in your "vaunted wisdom" not to draft a CB this year. Hopefully the Rooney's will not continue to make the same 'oversight',...that you deem so 'wise'.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #24
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
When was the last time one of our secondary's has had what you would consider a 'stellar' year in the recent past ? And WHOM said anything about 'tossing the baby out with the water' ? Or,... 'tearing down the house' ? (both of which would seem to imply COMPLETE retooling of the secondary and or team )
If you are speaking of me,....you are sadly mistaken,....i said no such thing. What i have always said was simply this,.....that this organization would be better served taking the CORNERBACK position more seriously than they have in recent years.

And though it may be 'fortunate' for you in your "vaunted wisdom" not to draft a CB this year. Hopefully the Rooney's will not continue to make the same 'oversight',...that you deem so 'wise'.
Whoops...didn't know I was speaking to an insider who knew everything about the team. My bad...

However, we aren't drafting CB's this draft in any pick earlier than 120...it is what it is, and that's what it is...besides, how many CB's who have been taken in the first round in the last 5 years have lived up to the hype?

Not many, to save you time.

We aren't picking DB's...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #25
SteelCzar76
Banned

Quote:
Whoops...didn't know I was speaking to an insider who knew everything about the team. My bad...

However, we aren't drafting CB's this draft in any pick earlier than 120...it is what it is, and that's what it is...besides, how many CB's who have been taken in the first round in the last 5 years have lived up to the hype?

Not many, to save you time.

We aren't picking DB's...

"Says the woman whom claims,....'We aren't picking DB's' ! Don't you have a an Apple pie to bake somewhere ?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #26
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
"Says the woman whom claims,....'We aren't picking DB's' ! Don't you have a an Apple pie to bake somewhere ?
Woman? Based on what? Is that all you have? I expect more and better, but it won't ultimately matter...if you want a smack off, I'll bury you...I've read you posts. And I know this is based on something else anyways...

But....(sigh)....bring it on anyway....let's move to the blast furnace or whatever it's called here so no one gets in trouble...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #27
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

..or we can all agree to disagree without having to "prove" anything...PLEASE...its draft opinion...not national policy!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:52 PM   #28
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
..or we can all agree to disagree without having to "prove" anything...PLEASE...its draft opinion...not national policy!!!
No, this is something else...there's often "something else".

This has nothing to do with our CB's, and everything to do with something else that's completely unrelated to football...that's why I hate MB's.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Ok you both have your opinions - draft day is less than a month away - then we'll see who has a better handle on Steeler draft.

As LLT sagely puts it - agree to disagree and move on.

Thanks
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #30
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

My Steelers draft steal in my eyes would be to get RB Germaine Race from Pittsburgh St. ... sounds like a workhorse that knows how to put the ball into the endzone..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote