Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-28-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Default A crazy idea that will never happen and I'm gonna get yelled at for...

Ok, I'm putting my neck out there right now....

Why not put Maddox in, if Ben keeps sucks the whole first half? Maddox's downfall 2 seasons ago was that the line could'nt hold up, and he's a pocket passer. Once he's touched, he goes down like a sack of potatoes. Our line is obviously doing great this season, and Ben stood in the pocket against the skins and threw nothing. Put Maddox in and if he doesn't do anything, oh well, what have we lost?

go ahead, chew me out... :P
Old 08-28-2005, 12:39 AM   #2
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Re: A crazy idea that will never happen and I'm gonna get yelled at for...

No need to chew you out or anyone out for your opinion. I personally feel that some of the Steeler fans are getting way too upset over what may be many reasons for losing the 3rd preseason game. I say let them gel and keep a positive attitude.

Just my .02 cents worth:)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: A crazy idea that will never happen and I'm gonna get yelled at for...

Cowher will stick w/ Ben, he's the future he's the one we are banking on to get us to the promised land.. That being said, Cowher has never been afraid to bench any player, including QB's, when they just arent having a good day or consecutive game days. He wont permantly bench him, but having Ben sit if he struggles wouldnt be the worst thing. Dont look for it to happen anytime soon though, even if ben struggles for the first month of the season, Cowher will still back him...unless Ben is totally doing nothing and hurting the team for several weeks in a row, then u MIGHT see it.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:51 AM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I think Ben's playing will come together, but if it doesn't I don't think Cowher will shy away from benching him for a little. As Blitz said I don't expect to see that any time soon though.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:43 AM   #5
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I`m not going that far yet! But I understand where your coming from. For me , I just wouldn`t want to ruffle Bens feathers yet. He is obviously going through some confidence problems now. And that wouldn`t help. But on the other hand. I want to win. I don`t care if we bring back Bubby Brister, lol, I just want to win.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

As long as he doesnt cry on the sidelines, we're already ahead of the game....
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
BigBen2WardPITT
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 551

too early, but we will see.

its also a prblem at WR. Buress helped big ben A LOT last year.
BigBen2WardPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

sitting ben might screw him up, he might lose all the confedince he's ever had and just play like shit the rest of his career. they should keep him in there and let him make his mistakes early so he can fix them and get his stuff down. he's been playing like crap but it's not totally his fault he can't get into a rytem, last year when i got to see games he always started off kinda slow and then in the second half he got into his rythm and played great and came through in the clutch, right now he hasn't had a chance they run twice and by the time he gets to throw it's 3rd and 8 and he can't get into a rythm like that. i don't think there's that much of a reason to worry about big ben he'll be just fine he just needs to play more and get into his rythm. playin a quater and a half and only going out on the field three times won't give him a chance, wait till week 4 and if he's still playing like crap then we can start to worry but it's just preseason.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #9
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474

I don't think putting Tommy in is a bad idea. I understand that the coach doesn't want to undermine a players confidence by pulling him out, but there has to be a limit. If you can't complete a pass in the first half of the game, you need to sit down and let someone else try and get the job done.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

I maybe new here but that would be a very bad idea. What was his record last season? I think it was pretty good if memory serves me correctly. Its preseason you can not bank on this as the future for the season. Maybe piss him off by playing Maddox in the first quarter of the final preseason game but you have to give the kid his job. I think once Heath understands the system Ben will be fine.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote