Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter
 
PisnNapalm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 2,776
Member Number: 1225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4 hours....

I spent 4 hours at the State Game Lands #43 range today. I met several fellas that I hope to shoot with again.

I was using my Anschutz Model 54 target rifle. Well.... It's actually my wife's. She shot it on the high school rifle team where we first met. I was gonna go buy my own rifle but she just told me to mount a scope on hers and have fun with it. So... I did!


http://www.pisnnapalm.com/pics/04-03-07_1341.jpg <===Pic of the gun.

I was shooting Federal bulk .22lr ammo at 100 yards. I think it did pretty well after I got the scope sighted. What do you think? The coin used for reference is a quarter.




Any other shooters here?
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Μολὼν λάβε
PisnNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 4 hours....

Shot competitively while in the service....made "Governors 20" in 1989 while we were still using the .45's
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,290
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default Re: 4 hours....

nice. and right on target. i started shootin at 8 years old w/ the .22 antique winchester my grampa gave me. my best shots are hitting a dime and putting a hole through the center of a spoon from 20 feet away with a .357. other than my rifle, this is the only other gun i own:

calico .22



its pretty much for recreation and plinking, but with the 100 round hex mag mounted on top and semi-auto, it can definitely do some damage.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 4 hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
nice. and right on target. i started shootin at 8 years old w/ the .22 antique winchester my grampa gave me. my best shots are hitting a dime and putting a hole through the center of a spoon from 20 feet away with a .357. other than my rifle, this is the only other gun i own:

calico .22



its pretty much for recreation and plinking, but with the 100 round hex mag mounted on top and semi-auto, it can definitely do some damage.
I have used that calico...it is a BLAST...comes in a 9 mil also!!!...if I remember..it was only good for surpressive fire however (which it does a heck of a job of)..accuracy isnt great since the rear site was on the magazine...right?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FAYETTEVILLE AR
Posts: 1,175
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 4 hours....

I enjoy shooting very much I carry a gun in the truck with me that I go to the farm with. Most of the time I carry a S&W model 629 44mag but been known to carry my 1911 .45 or a 10/22 depending on mood and what might be in season.


I shoot out at the farm at cans and whatever else is handy.
__________________





BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,290
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default Re: 4 hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I have used that calico...it is a BLAST...comes in a 9 mil also!!!...if I remember..it was only good for surpressive fire however (which it does a heck of a job of)..accuracy isnt great since the rear site was on the magazine...right?
i call it the "fun gun". i cream my jeans thinking about the 9 mil version. initially it was made on a govt contract for the military fully auto and then scrapped (i guess because of the uneconomical cost of the ammo, so they switched to .22 for the public)

not very accurate, and to be frank, i like to hold it on my hip, with my free hand on the mag and not aim, but just follow the trail of bullets to get things "in sight". one time i set up about 30 gallon jugs in the foothills with a bunch of old plates, dishes, etc. and just tried to mow em all down as fast as i could.

quite a rush. the only problem with the calico is the .22 is definitely a dirty bullet and it jams and needs frequent cleaning (although i guess after 500 rounds every gun needs cleaning). ive gone through a carton of 500 shells in 30 minutes before, but the sound is music to my ears!

ive had it locked up at a friends gun cabintet for about 4 years and now pisnapalms post has my trigger finger itching.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 4 hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i call it the "fun gun". i cream my jeans thinking about the 9 mil version. initially it was made on a govt contract for the military fully auto and then scrapped (i guess because of the uneconomical cost of the ammo, so they switched to .22 for the public)

not very accurate, and to be frank, i like to hold it on my hip, with my free hand on the mag and not aim, but just follow the trail of bullets to get things "in sight". one time i set up about 30 gallon jugs in the foothills with a bunch of old plates, dishes, etc. and just tried to mow em all down as fast as i could.

quite a rush. the only problem with the calico is the .22 is definitely a dirty bullet and it jams and needs frequent cleaning (although i guess after 500 rounds every gun needs cleaning). ive gone through a carton of 500 shells in 30 minutes before, but the sound is music to my ears!

ive had it locked up at a friends gun cabintet for about 4 years and now pisnapalms post has my trigger finger itching.
LOL...the 9 mil wanted to raise its barrell like an AK-47...so i used to wrap the strap around my hand to hold it down....you got me thinking about getting another "fungun"!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter
 
PisnNapalm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 2,776
Member Number: 1225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4 hours....

I've shot CCI, Federal bulk and Winchester whitebox ammo. I will never use the Winchester ammo again. It was absolutely filthy and I had burning embers fly out of the ejection port of my pistol and burn my arm. Freakin nasty ammo.

The Federal ammo is cheap but cleaner and reliable. I've had only 2 misfires in about 1000 rounds. The CCI ammo is much better and more expensive. If you are going to shoot competitively I'd use the CCI Match ammo. But for fun and # of trigger pulls I'm happy with the Federal ammo.
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Μολὼν λάβε
PisnNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter
 
PisnNapalm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 2,776
Member Number: 1225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 4 hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I have used that calico...it is a BLAST...comes in a 9 mil also!!!...if I remember..it was only good for surpressive fire however (which it does a heck of a job of)..accuracy isnt great since the rear site was on the magazine...right?
If I do say so... That is a hideous looking weapon! But it does look like a hoot to shoot.
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Μολὼν λάβε
PisnNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,468
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,077
Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,288 Posts
Default Re: 4 hours....

Thats got my finger itching. Rock chucks(wood chucks) are starting to come out now, time to go scratch that itch.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts