Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: 4 hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
If I do say so... That is a hideous looking weapon! But it does look like a hoot to shoot.
definitely a hoot. its more about quanity rather than quality, and LLT is right. with the rear sight on the back of the mag its one of the toughest pistols to fire accurately. ive never really even gotten it sighted in so i kind of ignore the sights. i just point and shoot. i will keep your ammo tip in mind.

in new mexico you can own a rifle at any age (even assault rifle) but have to be 21 (18 w/ parental consent) to own a pistol. i saved for over a year to get me a GLOCK for my 18th birthday. of course this was when you could pick one up at the local wal-mart for about $550. i got wise an got the calico instead for under $200 and my rusted '72 cutlass (1st car) for the same money.

so llt, youve actually shot the 9 mil version? with the price of 9 mil shells that would about take all the fun out of it. id say about $25 a clip you can waste in about 2 minutes. i never timed it but i easilly wasted a clip on mine in under 30 seconds.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
definitely a hoot. its more about quanity rather than quality, and LLT is right. with the rear sight on the back of the mag its one of the toughest pistols to fire accurately. ive never really even gotten it sighted in so i kind of ignore the sights. i just point and shoot. i will keep your ammo tip in mind.

in new mexico you can own a rifle at any age (even assault rifle) but have to be 21 (18 w/ parental consent) to own a pistol. i saved for over a year to get me a GLOCK for my 18th birthday. of course this was when you could pick one up at the local wal-mart for about $550. i got wise an got the calico instead for under $200 and my rusted '72 cutlass (1st car) for the same money.

so llt, youve actually shot the 9 mil version? with the price of 9 mil shells that would about take all the fun out of it. id say about $25 a clip you can waste in about 2 minutes. i never timed it but i easilly wasted a clip on mine in under 30 seconds.
On the government dime my friend...I am the most giving person in the world when on someone elses account!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #13
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Oooooh! The government has all the good boom toys.

I've found out though that I have more fun precision shooting than just blowing huge holes in things.

This is my other fun toy. I just put a Hi-Viz front sight on it. It's a Ruger MarkIII 22/45.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #14
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

I spent a couple more hours at the range today......

It was a little chilly and little windier than I would have liked but I was itching to do some shooting.

So I get to the state game lands range this morning around 10:45 am. I start unloading my gear and setting up to use the 50 yard target. There are a few guys there shooting. Most of them look old enough to be retired. They were just finishing setting up targets and one really old geezer was huffing from the 100 yard walk back to his bench.

So I put on my ear protection and continue setting up the rifle, getting out the ammo, etc... I hear a couple of rifles go off. They sound like 30.06 or maybe .308 rifles. Then I heard this incredible "BOOM!" and from 6 benches away I feel a shock wave. :blink: What the hell was that!?!?!?!

So I wander down and check out what made the BOOM! At first I thought someone's got a .50 cal. Ummm... No. I would have been off by .45 cal. The old geezer had a .95 caliber custom cannon!

It was like a friggin breech loader. He'd load a round into the bolt. Slide the bolt home and then tap the handle with a rubber mallet to get it fully locked. Then he'd put this large pad on his shoulder and shimmy up to the rifle as it laid on a "lead sled" type of bench rest. He'd peer through the scope and then BOOM! He nearly went flying backwards off the bench. In fact he had a piece of about 10 inch square wood post that he rested at an angle against his ass to help keep him from being thrown off the bench.

He said the rounds cost $35 each. :o Someone asked him why he shoots it. His reply was that it lets him know he's still alive. :lol:

So then everyone takes a break and I go set up my targets. We all start shooting. Wouldn't you know it... I pull the trigger on my .22 at the same time the cannon goes off! It was just like something you'd see in a comedy. LMAO! :lol: :lol:

He only fired off maybe 10 rounds. It took him a several minutes of prep and scope time between shots. Then it took him about a half an hour to break all his gear down and load it into his car. I was going to offer to help but honestly it looked like he was having fun even in the heavy work. B)

So... Here's my best targets from today. I was shooting at 50 yards using cheapo Federal bulk ammo on a gusty day. There was no way I'd hit much of anything if I'd have done 100 yards today.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Great shooting there PNP!

I have a Glock 19 and a Lady Derringer, but haven't been target shooting in several years. This thread has reminded me that I really need to get out there and practice!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #16
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,471 Times in 2,384 Posts

I like to see that howitzer being torched off. Bet he feels it the next day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #17
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

The shockwave from it was something else. I couldn't believe it didn't knock him over. I've never heard anything like it before.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #18
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Nice shooting pisnapalm.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #19
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Thanks S4L and HtG. :)

I just checked UPS. My new Caldwell competition front bench rest should be here tomorrow. Wo0t! If it gets here soon enough in the morning I'm going to the range again. :oD