Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120
Default Who's going to "2007 Steelers Fan Blitz" on draft day?

Anyone going to "2007 Steelers Fan Blitz" on draft day? (4/28) Looks like theres a lot of stuff to do. I'm gonna go with some buddies. I've never been to Heinz field, so I think it would be a good opportunity to check it out. Anyone go last year, or in previous years? Was it fun?
You can read about this years activities at:

news.steelers.com/article/74832/
fugawzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Re: Who's going to "2007 Steelers Fan Blitz" on draft day?

I went last year. It was definitely a blast!

I won't be going this year though. I've got too much else going on now.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

I might be able to go, whats all going on there?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

My buddies and I rolled in on Friday afternoon last year. Bar hopped all night. Went to the Blitz Saturday morning and afternoon. Then we went to to Pirates game Saturday night. Limped home exhausted on Sunday.

That was one helluva weekend!
Old 04-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120

"I might be able to go, whats all going on there?"

Answer:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are proud to launch our 75th Anniversary season at this year's 2007 Steelers Fan Blitz, presented by Comcast! This exciting draft day event will be held on Saturday April 28 from 11:00 AM ? 6:00 PM at Heinz Field. Admission is $10 for Adults, $5 for children 12 and under. Parking is available until 2:00 pm for $5 with game day rates applicable after 2:00 pm. All fans will receive a 2006 Steelers Team Photo and a 2007 Steelers Fan Blitz brochure outlining the day's activities upon entering Heinz Field. 2007 Steelers schedules will be available at the Comcast booth in the South Plaza.

Tickets are now on sale at the Steelers Sideline Stores at the Monroeville Mall, South Hills Village, Pittsburgh Mills, Prime Outlets at Grove City and Heinz Field as well as ticketmaster.com and all Giant Eagle ticket master outlets. Tickets will also be available on the day of the event beginning at 9:00 am at the Steelers Ticket Office at Gate B. Listed below are more details on this year's event:

Current and former Steelers Player autographs will be held from 12:00 pm ? 6:00 pm in the Coca-Cola Great Hall, East Club Lounge, West Rotunda and the West Concourse areas. The current list as of 4/6 include: Chris Hoke, Anthony Smith, Brian St. Pierre, Willie Reid, John Kuhn, Shaun Nua, Chris Kemoeatu, Marvin Philip, Dwight White, John Banaszak, Mike Wagner, Jon Kolb, J.T. Thomas, Louis Lipps, Edmund Nelson., Jack Deloplaine and Marv Kellum. This list will be updated every Friday until Draft Day. The player's schedules, locations and times are subject to change.

We will be celebrating our 75th Anniversary in the NFL with a great selection of Steelers 75th Anniversary merchandise available at the Steelers Sideline Stores. We will have prize giveaways every 60 minutes beginning at 12:00 pm from the Comcast Prize Tent in the South Plaza. We will also feature the Comcast QB Challenge contest off the field on the northwest sideline area of the playing field. The lucky winner will win Comcast DVR services for a year, a $100 Steelers Sideline Store gift certificate and four tickets to the 2007 regular season home opener.

Fans will be permitted on the playing field to attempt field goals throughout the day on the north end of the field.

The South Plaza will have the Steelers Sideline Store open featuring the debut of Pittsburgh Steelers 75th Anniversary Merchandise. There will also be four portable merchandise stands available throughout Heinz Field. Bank of America, Tums, the American Respiratory Alliance and Chevrolet will have booths in the South Plaza with product information available for all fans. Game Faces will be face painting in the South Plaza to gear up for the new season.

The East Club Lounge will be open to the public and feature special activities for fans of all ages featuring Comcast interactive activities with the NFL Network and Turner Network. We will also have a Pick the Draft Pick Contest and a Draft Day GM Contest in the East Club Lounge for our "Draft nicks" to participate. There will be special give-aways while supplies last in the ECL. WDVE-FM will also be broadcasting live throughout the day.

The Coca-Cola Great Hall will feature the Steelers Sideline Store open for the debut of Pittsburgh Steelers 75th Anniversary Merchandise, Steel City Hobbies and concession stands will be available. A live band will perform on stage during the event. Game Faces will be face painting in the Coca-Cola Great Hall.

The Steelers Locker Room will feature Contests as well as fans able to try on Steelers equipment of a Steelers player including a special 75th anniversary display.

The Jumbotron will feature Steelers TV, Steelers 75th Anniversary commemorative video plus live coverage of the 2007 NFL Draft on the NFL Network and ESPN.
fugawzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

I've been to every one of them. We tailgate for it. Now, I just stay at the tailgate. I see Heinz 10 times a season. Also go to the Pirates game in the evening. L:ots to do. Autographs. (Long lines) eat, drink, check out the Great Hall for sure. Go on the field and kick a FG.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

I will be in Indianapolis with James Harrison doing an autograph event.
www.indysteelers.com
Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
JAG151
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2179

A couple of buddies and myself are hoping to make the trek as well.
JAG151 is offline   Reply With Quote