Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #11
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: LITP needs to go

1. Why do people leave this forum like we are all steelers fans besides LITP but still he at least what i have seen is respectful.

People leave in droves because LITP is not a sheep, he's a wolf. A few months of observation will prove that...

2. WHAt happened to BlitzburghRockCity?
Blitz is an older, more experienced guy, and there was a power struggle between him and Mike (the board owner, who is just a kid really). Blitz left after that...

3. What other steelrs fourms are there
There are a billion, and many of them let you speak freely...ALL of them are NOT moderated by Pats fans.

4. What event made u decide to leave sf.

Coddling of opposing fans, and a double standard concerning buddies from other boards.

Dude the scary thing is I trust this guy. He has been here for along time and he seems like he know what he is talking about. OK if multiple people have beed with LITP then why just because he is a pats fan?IDK.

Me? You're damned skippy!!!!! I've been here for a long time and always catch LITP in his lies...yet I'm the interloper and HE'S the mod.
That's ****ed up...

LIke all u have contubited to the site and all the time and posts u can just leave it like that Today 08:19 PM
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 AM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Well, I guess this matter has been brought to a head - apologies to anyone who was labelled a 'duller pencil lead' for daring not to hate me.

Suitanim has been a long time poster here at SF, but obviously has serious anger issues, abusive language, calling out of mods and the site owner (Mike - the guy who provides all of this for us) will not be tolerated.

He wants to get banned, so I guess im granting him his wish.

For the record I did what I could to stay out of his way to avoid confrontations but its obvious from this latest unprovoked attack it didn't matter what I did.

Thats basically it, I guess - I hope we can all continue as normal and have a great lead up to the draft and the season beyond it.

Thanks
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #13
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
Sorry, did I miss something? This is still just a message board right? Cool , I thought this was going to interupt my happy life. Some people choose not to be happy.
And those people who choose not to be happy are the ones who ruin it for the rest of us
Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #14
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,388 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim View Post
Bwahahahahah!

One of these days in the not too distant future you're going to wake up and feel like a ***** who's been used and abused, and you'll remember old suit, the crazy old guy you told to "stop".

More people have left this board than are here now...you're just caught up in the interim.
Mmmm...no - I have a life outside of this board, believe it or not. If it ever gets to the point that I do not enjoy posting here any more, I simply will cease to do so, and I won't be starting multiple threads "warning" the rest of the folks here I will no longer be posting here - I will simply stop, period.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Damn.... lots of craziness going on lately.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

From one of our Law enforcement classes: (Mike or the Mods...feel free to keep and use this)

The Internet provides the perfect forum for cyberbullies....individuals whose aim is to gain gratification from the distress caused by provoking and tormenting others....The anonymity, ease of provocation, and almost infinite source of targets means the Internet is full of serial bullies targeting ... anybody.

Cyberbullies get a perverse sense of satisfaction from sending people flame pms and posting flaming threads. Flame Posts are posts whose contents are designed to inflame and enrage....not to be confused with Hate Posts which is hatred (including prejudice, racism, sexism etc) in an forum.

Serial bullies, harbour a lot of internal aggression which they direct at others.... This may include projection, false criticism and patronising sarcasm whilst contributing nothing of any value...... It may also include a common tactic of "a number of people agree with me"..... This is standard bully-speak which I've experienced on several forums..... In every case it's a fabrication or a distortion - usually the former..... When challenged, the identity of the alleged complainants can't be disclosed because it's "confidential". The purpose of this tactic is to wind people up. Don't be fooled into believing it has any validity - it doesn't.

People who bully are adept at creating conflict between those who would otherwise pool negative information about them.... The method of creating conflict is provocation which bullies delight in because they know they can always coerce at least one person to respond in a manner which can then be distorted and used to further flame and inflame people. ...And so it goes on. The bully then sits back and gains gratification from seeing others engage in destructive behaviour towards each other.

Many serial bullies are also serial attention-seekers. More than anything else they want attention...... It doesn't matter what type of attention they get, positive or negative, as long as they can provoke someone into paying them attention.... It's like a 2-year-old child throwing a tantrum to get attention from a parent. The best way to treat bullies is to refuse to respond and to refuse to engage them - which they really hate. In other words, do not reply to their postings, and on forums carry on posting without reference to their postings as if they didn't exist. In other words, treat nobodies as nobodies.

The anger of a serial bully is especially apparent when they come across someone who can see through them to as the weak, inadequate, immature, dysfunctional aggressive individual behind the mask.

The objectives of bullies are Power, Control, Domination, Subjugation.... They get a kick out of seeing you react.....It doesn't matter how you react, the fact they've successful provoked a reaction is, to the bully, a sign that their attempt at control have been successful.... After that, it's a question of wearing you down.... The more your try to explain, negotiate, conciliate, etc the more gratification they obtain from your increasingly desperate attempts to communicate with them..... Understand that it is not possible to communicate in a mature adult manner with a disordered individual who's emotionally retarded.

The Number One rule for dealing with this type of behaviour is: don't respond, don't interact and don't engage. This is not as easy to do as it sounds. It's a natural response to want to defend yourself, and to put the person right..... However, never argue with a serial bully....it's not a mature adult discussion, but like dealing with a child or immature teenager....while the serial bully may be an adult on the outside... on the inside they are like a child who's never grown up ... and probably never will. Serial bullies and harassers often have disordered thinking patterns and do not share the same thoughts or values as you.

The second rule is to keep all abusive PM'S. the series of hate pm's and flame pm's is your evidence. Bullies, especially cyberbullies, are obsessive people and if their account is closed down you may start receiving pm's from another "forum member". This can later be compared to the abusive pm's you've already received to identify the perpetrator...... You'll find the same words, phrases and strategies occurring.

The third rule is to understand bullying..... Recognise that you are not dealing with a person who has the same mindset as yourself. Bullying, and especially cyberbullying, has links with stalking.

Rule four is get help. ... Even mature experienced adults often cannot handle bullying and harassment by themselves....let a MOD know what is going on....We like to think of the Bully as simply being "immature"...but sometimes you are dealing with a severely disordered and potentially dangerous individual.

Rule five is become alert to provocation. It could be called "The Baiting Game"..... A provocative comment is made and those who respond spontaneously in irritation are then encouraged to engage in conflict with those who respond without irritation..... The provoker watches, waits and stirs the pot with the occasional additional provocation..... What interests me is the sense of gratification that a provoker gains from watching others indulge in destructive interaction initiated by him or herself.

The sixth rule is become an observer. Although you may be the target of the cyberbully's anger, you can train yourself to act as an observer.... This takes you out of the firing line and enables you to study the perpetrator..... When people use bullying behaviours they project their own weaknesses, failings and shortcomings on to others.... In other words, they are telling you about themselves by fabricating an accusation based on something they themselves have done wrong.... Whenever you see a flame post or hate post, train yourself to instinctively ask the question, "What is this person revealing about themselves this time?"

The seventh rule is decide if you want to take action, ..... Sometimes refusing to respond and engage will result in the cyberbully losing interest and going off to find someone easier to torment.... Sometimes though, especially if there has been interaction in the past, the cyberbully is so obsessed that s/he cannot and will not let go.... You will have to make that person let go, but don't deal with the abuser yourself (this encourages bullies and stalkers), use a third party such as a MOD

Finally.... never try to mediate, negotiate, conciliate or otherwise deal with a bully or stalker yourself. Always remember Rule #1: don't respond, don't interact and don't engage.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Excellent post LLT!

I've been an admin/mod on several forums. I still run a set myself and help with 2 others. I read 8 sets of forums regularly.

Personally, I think this set of forums has a good mod crew. Keep up the good work.

Oh and I'd have banned his ass a long time ago.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,026 Times in 4,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
From one of our Law enforcement classes: (Mike or the Mods...feel free to keep this use it)

The Internet provides the perfect forum for cyberbullies....individuals whose aim is to gain gratification from the distress caused by provoking and tormenting others....The anonymity, ease of provocation, and almost infinite source of targets means the Internet is full of serial bullies targeting ... anybody.
great post LLT! i never really looked at LITP as a bully

i'll keep an eye out.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #19
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

i'll keep an eye out.

LMAO!!!!!.... Coffee on my keyboard....thanks alot!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #20
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

i'll keep an eye out.

I don't think he meant LITP was a bully. But what do I know?
Closed Thread