Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-01-2005, 11:55 PM   #11
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Default Re: Final Roster Battles..Updated: Who's your picks now after the 4th preseason game

Do you guys think 'Zo will make the team because he actually tried half the time this game? i'll be thoroughly jacked if he takes a spot away from Frazier. And what do you guys think of Kuhn? he was doing alright at fullback..

and we have one more young running back to talk about. Mr. Noah Herron. If we cut this kid, he'll be picked up by someone for sure.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #12
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Final Roster Battles..Updated: Who's your picks now after the 4th preseason game

Kuhn is a local guy Im pulling for, out of Ship !! But that fumble tonite didnt help his chances but the coaches like him, I think he definatley makes the practice squad.

Jackson showed up for 1 half of 1 preseason game in 2 years !!! no thanks, I'd take frazier over him in a heartbeat.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:54 AM   #13
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Kuhn is a local guy Im pulling for, out of Ship !! But that fumble tonite didnt help his chances but the coaches like him, I think he definatley makes the practice squad.

Jackson showed up for 1 half of 1 preseason game in 2 years !!! no thanks, I'd take frazier over him in a heartbeat.
Jackson was one of the topics with a friend and I during the game. This guy has never really done anything for the Steelers. I have to say I was pretty shocked to see him play like this tonight. It shows he has the ability, but why hasn't he been using it? I'll definitely take Frazier.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #14
RichmondVA
Banned

Member Number: 540

Final 18 to get cut IMO - Mike Barr, Ulish Booker, Tyrone Carter, Ben Claxton, Chris Collins, Andre Frazier, Chidi Iwuoma, Jim Jones, John Kuhn, Shawn Nua, Janssen Patten, Dedrick Roper, Brian St. Pierre, Ronald Stanley, Eric Taylor, Jermane Tuman, Greg Warren, & Nate Washington.

Practice Squad players IMO - Ulish Booker, Ben Claxton, Chris Collins, Andre Frazier, John Kuhn, Dedrick Roper, Ronald Stanley & Nate Washington.
RichmondVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #15
Da Boot
Water Boy

Member Number: 513

Frazier, Logan and Morey I think all earned spots last night, as did Herron. On a different note,I'm also really starting to like Rian Wallace, and McFadden looked like he was a lot more comfortable last night. Boy can he lay some serious wood.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondVA
Final 18 to get cut IMO - Mike Barr, Ulish Booker, Tyrone Carter, Ben Claxton, Chris Collins, Andre Frazier, Chidi Iwuoma, Jim Jones, John Kuhn, Shawn Nua, Janssen Patten, Dedrick Roper, Brian St. Pierre, Ronald Stanley, Eric Taylor, Jermane Tuman, Greg Warren, & Nate Washington.

Practice Squad players IMO - Ulish Booker, Ben Claxton, Chris Collins, Andre Frazier, John Kuhn, Dedrick Roper, Ronald Stanley & Nate Washington.
I agree w/ most of that.. but dont cut Iwuoma, BSP, or Roper.

No way in the world Tuman gets cut, its just is not gonna happen, he's the only veteran TE we have on the roster who knows our system and can block and pass. He's become a formidable TE for us.

Nate Washington will make the team also IMO..Mays is the odd man out. If you ask me Batch was audtioning for another team becuz he wont be around after this weekend..hence the reason for all the playing time. Just just speculation on the part of Batch, but the theory makes sense at this point.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:48 PM   #17
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I agree w/ most of that.. but dont cut Iwuoma, BSP, or Roper.

No way in the world Tuman gets cut, its just is not gonna happen, he's the only veteran TE we have on the roster who knows our system and can block and pass. He's become a formidable TE for us.

Nate Washington will make the team also IMO..Mays is the odd man out. If you ask me Batch was audtioning for another team becuz he wont be around after this weekend..hence the reason for all the playing time. Just just speculation on the part of Batch, but the theory makes sense at this point.
I have to agree. I think Batch will end up getting traded. I also agree that Mays is the odd man out. Nate Washington really came out and impressed.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #18
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

RD 1: Frazier. Seen enough of Roper, he stinks.
RD 2: Kranchik
RD 3: Morey
RD 4: Logan, the guy still has it. Already knows the defense well.
RD 5: Kirshke

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #19
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I have to agree. I think Batch will end up getting traded. I also agree that Mays is the odd man out. Nate Washington really came out and impressed.
mayne i sure hope mays is the odd man out, i've never liked him and nate washington or fred gibson deserve his spot more.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote