Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default This is the only time I'll say anything about this/

If we as regular users are not allowed to vent our frustrations about the behavior of moderators, this board will eventually become total chaos. Preacher advised us to stay away from the moderators who abuse their authority and I have done so. I've been playing by the rules, but there needs to be a way to let the management of the site know we're not happy without long time posters being banned.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts
Default Re: This is the only time I'll say anything about this/

Even if the "long time poster" comes here and does nothing but try to provoke flame wars in practically every thread? To anybody with a "problem" with a mod, grow a pair and address it with said mod directly via PM - calling them out on the open board is chickenshit (not to mention immature), IMO.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Even if the "long time poster" comes here and does nothing but try to provoke flame wars in practically every thread? To anybody with a "problem" with a mod, grow a pair and address it with said mod directly via PM - calling them out on the open board is chickenshit (not to mention immature), IMO.

My guess is you've never tried to talk to certain moderators on this site.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
My guess is you've never tried to talk to certain moderators on this site.
Not really, but I don't take any MB all that seriously to begin with. The Internet's a big place - if I see something here that upsets me that much, then hasta la vista. Wouldn't be the first MB I bailed on.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Newzfoxjr
Starter

Member Number: 4116

If you post something like that, there'll just be a juge flaming session and everyone will end up hating someone and taking sides and stuff...

All you need to do is PM them....
Newzfoxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #6
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Not really, but I don't take any MB all that seriously to begin with. The Internet's a big place - if I see something here that upsets me that much, then hasta la vista. Wouldn't be the first MB I bailed on.
I've left others as well after some internet tough guys and trolls showed up and ruined the fun. But I happen to like this board and I don't like the changes I've seen in the last 6 months. I don't want to see this turn into the Scout board where it's nothing but flame wars and garbage.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I've left others as well after some internet tough guys and trolls showed up and ruined the fun. But I happen to like this board and I don't like the changes I've seen in the last 6 months. I don't want to see this turn into the Scout board where it's nothing but flame wars and garbage.
Jeremy. I can understand. Let me share with you, If you have a problem with a certain mod. There are two other mods and an owner that I have found are willing to listen to THOUGHT OUT pm's about what is going on.

What I have found they won't deal with, is someone who flames and provokes... and then runs to the mods. I haven't seen you do that... Just letting you know that I have found that to be true in general.

PM another mod if you have problems. Present your proof. But stop and think through the PM.

After all... I still have a problem with a female being a mod!!! but I deal with it!!

PreacherHTG

(I haven't picked on her in a LONG Time!!)
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Jeremy, I saw that as a forum "suicide by Mod". I wouldn't get too whacked up by it. The guy wanted banned, and the end it had to be.

It's never right when the inner workings of a forum become a topic of the forum. I agree that it should be addressed directly to a moderator, and if you are unsatisfied talk to another moderator. And if you are still unsatisfied talk to the board owner. I've never had a problem discussing anything with LITP or HTG through PMs.

And I don't see how it's so hard to stay away from the "electric fence". IT'S A FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD, FERCHRISSAKES. What would you want to do or say that would cause a ruckus? Is there never a better way to make a contentious point when the way you originally wrote something was personal and insulting? I think all a poster would need, to avoid infractions, would be an ability to keep to the topic and not insult the person he or she was responding to. And if a poster felt that one of the best things about a forum was that it allowed him or her to exercise anger at another poster personally, well, ask yourself if that's a quality that you look for in a forum and then decide if you want to stay there.

One thing that I wonder; what kind of devious "power" could a mod be secretly accumulating behind the scenes? IMO, as long as it doesn't involve my credit cards or bank accounts, there is no power to be had. Only headaches.

I have nothing to say about Suitanim personally. I don't know him. All I know is his persona here, and that was that he didn't like me and took pleasure in attacking me. I didn't really care one way or the other. He made a couple points that I agreed with, the rest of what he wrote was random venom that was disregarded. I did a lot of what LLT wrote; in general I refused to engage.

Look at the board and ask yourself if it's giving you what you want, and if it fits with your personality. Over the last couple years I've had some great discussions with people whom I hold 180* different beliefs from, and the reason I had them was that no one wrote back and forth "you moron" and "you suck". That fits, for me. But there have been some long-time posters for whom that didn't work, and they left or they bumped up against the electric fence enough times that they got banned. What do you do with that? I don't know. Does longevity allow common decency to be violated? Does it, SHOULD it get a waiver of expectation of courtesy? I don't know. The old guys didn't like the new sandbox where they had to behave, and still wanted to play in the old, smaller sandbox where they could hit each other (and the new guys) with shovels and not get punished for it. That sounds like nothing new under the sun, to me.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Suit and I joined this board at the same time ,and while he was very knowledgeable when it came to football he could be a bit of a pompous a$$ when it came to other areas. In the the end he got what he asked for. That being said I've seen a lot of changes on this board some good, some bad which is why I don't post here as often as I had. But I've always found that if you had a problem, a pm to a mod, or to Steeler Fever himself would generally resolve the problem. I will admit that I've seen more threads locked in the past three months or so than I have since I joined. I agree that I wouldn't want to see this site become like some I've seen (your momma this etc...), and that overall despite some recent changes it remains a damn good site.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #10
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post
Suit and I joined this board at the same time ,and while he was very knowledgeable when it came to football he could be a bit of a pompous a$$ when it came to other areas. In the the end he got what he asked for. That being said I've seen a lot of changes on this board some good, some bad which is why I don't post here as often as I had. But I've always found that if you had a problem, a pm to a mod, or to Steeler Fever himself would generally resolve the problem. I will admit that I've seen more threads locked in the past three months or so than I have since I joined. I agree that I wouldn't want to see this site become like some I've seen (your momma this etc...), and that overall despite some recent changes it remains a damn good site.

PM HTG. Anyone else and you won't get any response worth anything.