Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,638 Posts
Default Re: Tough to tell who Steelers are targeting in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
does anyone think if faneca isn't in camp by draft day it kinda forces our hand to take a guard in one?
it depends on where that 1st pick is. regardless of whose in camp its most important to get the best value out of #15.

if tomlin is sure he can turn hall or revis into champ bailey, then by all means, take a cb and plug in a guard in later rounds. regardless where a guard is drafted, if he is plugged in as a rookie he will be expected to perform just the same. (i think guards will be overdrafted cause of the huge inflation in the salary cap) we should be able to get a workable one in later rounds or rely on mehan.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i was thinking more like trading way down or even out of the first,and getting grubs or blaylock. avoid that big signing bonus. but i like your scenerio also. except moses,who has alonzo jackson written all over him
...you said the "J" word!!!!!!!!....but to be honest...Bradley can play both 4-3 and 3-4...so may be more on our radar.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #23
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I think Timmons falls into that "one good year" risk category...I am leaning towards Bradley in the third....or Moses if he falls that far....yes....I said Moses again!!!!

LMAO-It appears you know exactly how i feel in regards to Moses LLT. But in all honesty i could live with giving him a shot based upon his potential and the fact that i believe in giving people at least an opportunity to correct their shortcomings (percieved or otherwise)
Though i just wouldn't do it with a 1st or 2nd rnd pick.

But Bradley on the other hand might be the type of player that works so hard to overcome his detractors,..... that he ends up actually being far more productive than many of his peers.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
LMAO-It appears you know exactly how i feel in regards to Moses LLT. But in all honesty i could live with giving him a shot based upon his potential and the fact that i believe in giving people at least an opportunity to correct their shortcomings (percieved or otherwise)
Though i just wouldn't do it with a 1st or 2nd rnd pick.

But Bradley on the other hand might be the type of player that works so hard to overcome his detractors,..... that he ends up actually being far more productive than many of his peers.
Moses hs got alot of bad press...but his "bad year" states are better than alot of players stats who are rated above him....His coach went on record as saying that whoever doesnt look past the stats will miss out on a great player....and that teams literally had to change their scheme to account for him....Look at Charles Johnsons stats and you can see that he was lucky enough to benefit from the double teams on Moses

....that being sais...IF we are going to switch to the 4-3...Bradley is probably our man.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
...then back to my scenerio of trading Faneca and #15 to Detroit for their first round pick...and their second round picks this year and next year...giving us the #2...#34..and #46 picks....We should be able to get Johnson...and either trade up to get Staley...or pick up a second round CB and OT/OG...(and Bradley in the third...or MOSES if he drops that far!!!)heheheh
i love it. while johnson at #2 would be expensive it would make ward dispensable (trade to sf for a 2nd and 4th?) and clearing his $17 mil cap hit in the next 2 years would help make johnson affordable.

theres only been 1 proven way to win multiple sb's in the salary cap era- trade your superstars and stock up on high round draft picks and let high priced stars walk.

dallas traded herschel walker and let a. harper walk.
new england traded d. bledsoe, d. branch, and let l. milloy and t. law walk
(none of these moves were popular with the fans, winning 3 sb's in 4 years was)

otherwise the only way to even go to multiple sb's in the salary cap era is to have a top 5 mvp qb of all time (farve, elway) or an mvp phenom like k. warner and m. faulk. on that scale id say ben is closer to aikman or brady rather than farve or elway. i think a few extra picks and tons of salary cap relief could keep us competitive for years to come.