Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #21
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: At Least 20 Dead In Virginia Tech Shootings

how sad....

how utterely sad.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #22
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
how sad....

how utterely sad.
yeah. I can't believe this.

I heard the one student shot was a Pine Richland Student. My Prayers go to the family as also the other 30 students that died. And the near 20 who were shot and lived, may got let them recover and live on.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #23
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Virginia Tech has cancelled Classes and athletic events.

Good Idea by the University. I applaud them for taking this route. You don't need other events going on during this time.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #24
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,821 Times in 2,689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
First... My condolences to ALL families touched by this horrible incident.

I also feel a need to post this...

Here is what I fear is going to happen.

over the next few days and weeks... The story is going to morph into the evil of guns. How guns are the problem. How the gun makers are to blame.

In that context, people are going to forget that there was a disturbed human being who devalued life to the point that he felt it okay to destroy the lives of 30 plus people.

the REAL question here is NOT how did he get the gun. the REAL question is, how did we as a society come to a place were people could care less about other humans... And yes, I will posit the answer...

1. No greater judgement after death... regardless of specific religion.

2. We have devalued life to the point of irrelevancy. Human life is no more important then animals. As such, it is okay to put animals to sleep when we are done with them... so why not our girlfriends/boyfriends... etc.

3. We have removed mores and values from society that guided the way people act and react.

Now I know, some may say that my post was too soon. I apologize. But I wanted to get people thinking about the REAL problems here.
I agree this is no time to advance a political agenda; guess everyone did not get the memo. When it comes to making political points rather than simply express sympathy for the dead and their families in a time of national tragedy, nobody is quicker on the draw than the Bush White House, as evidenced by the press secretary's comments this afternoon :

As far as policy, the President believes that there is a right for people to bear arms, but that all laws must be followed. And certainly bringing a gun into a school dormitory and shooting -- I don't want to say numbers because I know that they're still trying to figure out many people were wounded and possibly killed, but obviously that would be against the law and something that someone should be held accountable for.

Great moral leadership and insight there.

The left wing will no doubt soon be bleating about the need for more gun control, but for the White House to be waving the Second Amendment flag at this time is as obscene as reminding people to drink responsibly when asked to comment about someone being killed by a drunk driver.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #25
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Comments from Rudy Giuliani's Campaign Website. JoinRudy.com

Quote:
"On this day of national tragedy, when we lost some of our finest to a senseless act, we stand together as a country to mourn those who lost their lives.

"My thoughts and prayers continue to be with the survivors and the many friends, colleagues and family members of those who perished. May God bless them all."

-Rudy Giuliani

Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #26
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

On Fox they are saying the shooter was a chinese national who had only been in the country for about a year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #27
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Absolutely shocking!

How do these 'regular students' have such easy access to weaponry that has clips you can pj to a bullet proof vest?

What are we talking here - semi-automatic?

I expect Charlton Heston and his NRA cronies will be busy scheduling a visit to Virginia.
Actually they will be confirming that guns don't create crime. criminals do. In fact if more had guns, crime & death would be less. If you do the research. Anywhere guns are legal, crime is down...Pray for the innocent who lost their lives.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:16 PM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I agree this is no time to advance a political agenda; guess everyone did not get the memo. When it comes to making political points rather than simply express sympathy for the dead and their families in a time of national tragedy, nobody is quicker on the draw than the Bush White House, as evidenced by the press secretary's comments this afternoon :

As far as policy, the President believes that there is a right for people to bear arms, but that all laws must be followed. And certainly bringing a gun into a school dormitory and shooting -- I don't want to say numbers because I know that they're still trying to figure out many people were wounded and possibly killed, but obviously that would be against the law and something that someone should be held accountable for.

Great moral leadership and insight there.

The left wing will no doubt soon be bleating about the need for more gun control, but for the White House to be waving the Second Amendment flag at this time is as obscene as reminding people to drink responsibly when asked to comment about someone being killed by a drunk driver.
Actually...

What I read is..

There will be no policy change based on this incident. How in the WORLD is that politicizing an incident? Running out to ban certain guns.. or for a politician to use this to call for an end to TV violence... etc. is politics.

What Bush did is neither. In that... With all due respect Dan... I think your wrong. It wasn't politicizing... it was REMOVING the politics, IN THE BEGINNING.

I consider that moral leadership.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #29
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Comments from Rudy Giuliani's Campaign Website. JoinRudy.com
Bless the victims. I'm waiting for HC to blame this on the gun. Noone is responsible for their actions...........
Old 04-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #30
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

GB the AD post