Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Being asked for help

alot of the residents are in the poor sections of New Orleans where the majority live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford flood insurance and many dont have medical insurance either.

Even the ones w/ flood and medical insurance have no where to go yet so they need help almost as much as anyone.

Its just tragic and now there's word that snipers are shooting at the helicopters flying refugees into Houston!!

WTF is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #12
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I will donate some money out of my next paycheck,but not a lot.I just don't have a ton of cash,especially with gas now being $3.00+ in my area.I can't take a bus to work because I start work at 4 in the morning.

And about the looters;the ones stealing jewlery,expensive clothes,electronics,and crap like that can jsut float away for all I care.They aren't stealing necessities (food,water,meds),they are stealing for the sake of stealing.I saw a pic today of people coming out of a store with 5 boxes of Nike shoes (probally the $150+ ones)...12+ AUTHENTIC ($200) football jerseys...fitted caps ($30+).They aren't even taking stuff they had before.And where are they gonna store it?Thier houses are flooded,they don't have closets and stuff!

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I just saw that the NFL donated a million bucks to hurricane relief...that's might generous of them, and basically the equivalent of me donating a penny. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar empire, and a mil is all they can kick in?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #14
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I just saw that the NFL donated a million bucks to hurricane relief...that's might generous of them, and basically the equivalent of me donating a penny. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar empire, and a mil is all they can kick in?
I also heard the Yankess donated a Million.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:09 PM   #15
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

Did you see Warrick Dunn of the Atlanta Falcons is challenging every player in the NFL to donate a minumin of $5000. If every player did that it would be 8.2 million just from the players...

As far as the people that are making shit worse, I hope they get jail time for their stupidity!!!!!!!!

God speed for all of Katrina's victims...
Old 09-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

a million is a sum of money that most big companies will donate.. it makes them look good for giving such a big number in the eyes of us mortals I guess you could say..

But they are also heading up some fund raising campaigns to raise more money. So we'll see what the end total is at some point.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #17
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelR1
Did you see Warrick Dunn of the Atlanta Falcons is challenging every player in the NFL to donate a minumin of $5000. If every player did that it would be 8.2 million just from the players...

As far as the people that are making shit worse, I hope they get jail time for their stupidity!!!!!!!!

God speed for all of Katrina's victims...
I agree with you Steel. Those people are shooting at people trying to help them. It's pretty ridiculous how these people are stealing things. Most of them don't have cars or a house to store these in. So they are going to carry it around. Don't see the point. They need thrown in jail.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #18
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I agree with you Steel. Those people are shooting at people trying to help them. It's pretty ridiculous how these people are stealing things. Most of them don't have cars or a house to store these in. So they are going to carry it around. Don't see the point. They need thrown in jail.
I have heard reports saying that the government is taping every bit of coverage going on about this tradgedy and as soon as they get the situation under control down there the government will be looking at every one of these tapes and finding these people that are causing the violence. If they are caught it will be a minimum af 15 yrs. prison time. Absolutely no exceptions.
The thing that really upsets me it that that is only a few hundred people doing this, and there are thousands more just trying to survive. I watch these reports and see infants with no formula, 2-3 yr. old children who have been walking forever with their family with absolutely no place to go. All the people still stranded and not able to get any of the relief supplies that are coming in. These people are finghting every minute to survive and it's sad to think that something like this can happen in our country. This is something that is only going to get worse before it gets any better, and I hope everyone gives something even if it's just a little...because every bit they get will help. There is no contribution too small.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:11 PM   #19
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
I have heard reports saying that the government is taping every bit of coverage going on about this tradgedy and as soon as they get the situation under control down there the government will be looking at every one of these tapes and finding these people that are causing the violence. If they are caught it will be a minimum af 15 yrs. prison time. Absolutely no exceptions.
The thing that really upsets me it that that is only a few hundred people doing this, and there are thousands more just trying to survive. I watch these reports and see infants with no formula, 2-3 yr. old children who have been walking forever with their family with absolutely no place to go. All the people still stranded and not able to get any of the relief supplies that are coming in. These people are finghting every minute to survive and it's sad to think that something like this can happen in our country. This is something that is only going to get worse before it gets any better, and I hope everyone gives something even if it's just a little...because every bit they get will help. There is no contribution too small.
I think there is some politicking going on here by the news media. One station was showing some footage today that was shot yesterday, and they were going on and on about how the Federal government and George Bush were doing nothing about the problem. I flipped over and saw some footage from TODAY that showed the same people being fed and helped.

It's the worst disaster to ever hit US soil...can't the media stick to reporting without an agenda? It's especially stupid to play this game when Bush is THERE himself today...If people can be helped, they will be. If they can't, there's probably a good reason why they can't...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:34 AM   #20
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

This is without a doubt, the worst thing I`ve ever seen. 9/11 was probably worse at the time, and still ranks right up there. But there is probably a larger loss of life and more homeless. I don`t want anyone to take this the wrong way, but these people were warned , and told evacuate. I understand that not everyone was able, for one reason or another. But I saw plenty of physically able people running the streets afterwards, these people should have been gone. Alot of people didn`t think it would be that bad, or just wanted to ride out the storm. Its hard to feel bad for these individuals, although I do still. And the ones with kids who stayed?????? If you feel you want to stay and put your own life in jeopardy, then so be it. But when you put your kids lives in jeopardy, to me this is child endangering, and arrests should be made afterwards. I have a daughter and her and my wifes safety come before anything, if I had to carry them out prior to the storm, then so be it.
One other thing, it is a crying shame that race is not part of this tragedy. This is the USA, lets get over it already, and start saving lives.
I am not a Celoine Dione fan, actually totally the opposite. But she donated $1,000,000 out of her own pocket. Yet the NBA players all together were bragging about donating the same amount altogether. Come on guys if anyone can afford it, it would be you overpaid athletes. Even Serena Williams is given her total winnings to the relief efforts. Props to the girls.

I do have mixed feelings on the whole thing. But God Bless all. And lets get these people what they need and back on thier feet. We are all Americans.