Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-31-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Default Final Roster Battles..Updated: Who's your picks now after the 4th preseason game

Ok, these are the battles I think are going on for the final roster spots, let me know who you guys think'll win...

Round 1: LB - Andre Frazier Vs. Dedrick Roper

Frazier's done pretty well this preseason, with 3 solo tackles and a sack, but Roper has the advantage of experiance, being already through camp and season once before. Frazier also just got injured, which may have an effect on whether he stays or not...

Round 2: TE - Matt Kranchick Vs. Walter Rasby

This battle is almost complete opposites except that they're both TE's. Kranchick is young and fresh with soft hands, while Rasby has experiance and is a very good blocker. This one'll come down to what Coach is looking for.

Round 3: WR - Sean Morey Vs. Lee Mays

I didnt know whether to put Morey Vs. Iwuoma, but I decided to post this one. Morey got on the team by ST last year, and Cowher loves that. He's also been making good catches according to Steelers Training Camp reports. He has the same experiance as Mays, but Mays has actually been in a WR slot during a regular season, unlike Morey.

Round 4: S - Tyrone Carter Vs. Mike Logan

Both have been doing good this preseason. Carter has 5 tackles with an interception that was called out of bounds, but would have been contested in any regular season game, I believe. Logan has had 4 tackles, including a crippling ST tackle that caused a fumble and took a player out of the game. Logan does have 2 more years under his belt than Carter, which could help or hurt him in the long run.

Round 5: DE - Travis Kirschke Vs. Eric Taylor

This one may come as a suprise, but it seems to me like Kirschke hasn't practiced almost all preseason. When you're a 9-year vet playing as a backup and you have a continuing injury, it doesn't mark very good for you. Notice that they didnt say he'd be out for so and so weeks, but he's just been listed under the players who didnt practice for pretty much every notebookdue to his back. Also, his opponent, Eric Taylor, has been doing much better this season than last, and he can play DT also, which makes him versatile.

Feel free to post any matchups you can think of.

My Votes
1.) Frazier
2.) Rasby, but it's very close
3.) Morey
4.) Logan
5.) Taylor
Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Final Roster Battles

Frazier reminds the Steelers a little of Bell: Frazier
Rasby. He can block and Kranchick can't. I hate this, though, because Matt has made advances.
Morey hands down. He's done everything asked.
Carter looked good, but Logan will probably get the spot.
Easy. Kirschke. They had a bead on this guy last year, and they won't let the experience go.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

i`m a Mike Logan fan. He is a good Safety. A real professional. And a Burgh native.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Frazier, Rasby, Morey, Logan, Kirschke
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I agree Travis isnt going anywhere, he had a good year last year, and he's got experience..from all the reports he isnt going anywhere.

I really wanna see morey and Iwouma make the team in a big way.. i know there may just not be enough roster spots, but man we need our ST to be big for us.. we need the short field on offense, and we need opportunistic play from them.. they've delivered in past years, and we need them again.

Logan is a ST demon too, and can play CB as well as safety if need be. He still has good, not great, speed and is a veteran in a young secondary.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I agree on Morey...that kid is solid. He does everything the Steelers ask him to do, never drops a pass...reminds me of Wayne Chrebet back in his day...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #7
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I hope we cut Morey and keep Mays. Mays IMO is the better receiver. Rasby should stay...we have Miller with the hands. I don't see Pitt using a double TE formation.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Default Re: Final Roster Battles..Updated: Who's your picks now after the 4th preseason game

Hey cowhead.. I just edit'd the title of ur thread and figured we can discuss who should make the team here instead of starting another one since you have some good info in here already!

:)
Old 09-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #9
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544
Default Re: Final Roster Battles..Updated: Who's your picks now after the 4th preseason game

Well, i still believe all my picks from before are accurate, even though Kirschke played tonight. I think Logan just solidified himself more tonight, and if alonzo makes the team because of tonight's game, i'm gonna scream!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Herron makes the team.. he played his heart out all preseason..and we need depth at RB

Logan showed up in a big and proved he's healed from the knee injury and is still a force, he beats out carter by a mile

Kirschke wins over taylor, although I'd put taylor on the PS if we cant fit him on the roster.

Frazier and Roper both had pretty good preseasons and good games tonite.. Its a toss up, but I'd probably go w/ Roper by just alittle bit.

Mays hasnt done anything in preseason..Morey takes his spot but sticks mainly on ST of course.

Washington and Gibson both make the team, Gibson will be a bit of a project though but we knew that coming in

Rasby make take the spot from kranchick purely on his blocking skills. I like Matt alot, and hope his injury isnt serious but Im not sure he makes the team w/ Tuman and Miller already at 1&2