Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Metrosexual Sports Conference

Tom Brady is to meet with the representatives of ten elite liberal arts colleges today who will announce that they will form a new athletic conference in the hope of drawing automatic bids to the Bowl Championship Series and the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament for their high IQ student-athletes.

"The TV money's there for the taking," said Dr. Sumner Farmsworth, an internationally-known nuclear physicist who will be the league's first commissioner. "All we've got to do is field the teams and we can fund a tenure-track position and a new particle accelerator at every school. Tom Brady has been instrumental in broadening the horizons of some of our students, reminding them that athletisism is not the end-all in regards to sports"

The Metrosexual Conference will be composed of New York University, Brandeis University, the University of Chicago, Case Western Reserve, Washington University in St. Louis, the University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie-Mellon University, Reed College, Johns Hopkins and Georgetown. All are located in or near major urban areas, where the term "metrosexual" has come to refer to men with an orientation towards the arts and culture who are not necessarily gay.

Metrosexual League coaches say they won't be "in it to win it" and hope to instill more important values in their players. "Say we're down by five touchdowns to a Big Ten school with two minutes left," said Carnegie-Mellon quarterback coach and drama professor Patricia Highsmith-Jones. "Rather than throw some stupid, sectarian 'Hail Mary' pass I would like to see our guys reflect a little and maybe present a tableau vivant to the crowd on the futility of life and absurdity of the universe."

In keeping with Robert Frost's famous dictum that a liberal is a person too broad-minded to take his own side in a quarrel, cheerleaders for Metrosexual Conference schools will only cheer when their opponents score. "We need to be sensitive to the fact that our graduates will go on to earn a lot more money than kids at some of the cow colleges we'll be playing," said Highsmith-Jones. "When our opponents score, we'll yell, 'That's all right, that's okay--you're going to work for us someday!'"

NCAA officials promised to review the league's application carefully, but expressed concern that lowering the bar of athletic quality would encourage schools to engage in low-budget recruiting abuses. "Some of these kids with high SAT scores come from homes where a hardback edition of Dickens is a big deal," said Bob Saccomandi, an NCAA compliance officer. "Give them a cappucino and a ticket to a Belmondo flick and they feel like they got a muscle car and a freshman cheerleader for the weekend."
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

I'd love to see this league take off, i've been convinced for many years that Brady was deliberately ignored by every NFL team (including the Patriots for 5 rounds) because of his love of the arts and the cowboy lifestyle.

I think it was pressure from ex-Commissioner Tagliabue (and self confessed part-time Ranch hand) on Robert Kraft that forced the Patriots hand in the 6th round.

This is one to keep an eye on
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I'd love to see this league take off, i've been convinced for many years that Brady was deliberately ignored by every NFL team (including the Patriots for 5 rounds) because of his love of the arts and the cowboy lifestyle.

I think it was pressure from ex-Commissioner Tagliabue (and self confessed part-time Ranch hand) on Robert Kraft that forced the Patriots hand in the 6th round.

This is one to keep an eye on
....But now I'm confused...Does Tom drink cappucino..or Cowboy Coffee..that "dont need as much water as you think it do!"
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:32 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
....But now I'm confused...Does Tom drink cappucino..or Cowboy Coffee..that "dont need as much water as you think it do!"
Actually Tom swings both ways when it comes to the cowboy coffee/cappucino conundrum - when in public he has to endorse the Cowboy lifestyle - drinking coffee, in a Stetson..wearing Stetson.

When he visits close friend and Seattle native Deion Branch he likes to 'blend' in with the general population and drink Cappucino.
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I'd love to see this league take off, i've been convinced for many years that Brady was deliberately ignored by every NFL team (including the Patriots for 5 rounds) because of his love of the arts and the cowboy lifestyle.

I think it was pressure from ex-Commissioner Tagliabue (and self confessed part-time Ranch hand) on Robert Kraft that forced the Patriots hand in the 6th round.

This is one to keep an eye on
Come again.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
Stillers#1
Banned
 
Stillers#1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in Spokane, WA because fo the Air Force.
Posts: 1,178
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1082
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
....But now I'm confused...Does Tom drink cappucino..or Cowboy Coffee..that "dont need as much water as you think it do!"
I do know one thing...Brady just can't quit Belichek.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach
 
memphissteelergirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Inside your brain
Posts: 1,923
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Tom Brady is to meet with the representatives of ten elite liberal arts colleges today who will announce that they will form a new athletic conference in the hope of drawing automatic bids to the Bowl Championship Series and the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament for their high IQ student-athletes.

"The TV money's there for the taking," said Dr. Sumner Farmsworth, an internationally-known nuclear physicist who will be the league's first commissioner. "All we've got to do is field the teams and we can fund a tenure-track position and a new particle accelerator at every school. Tom Brady has been instrumental in broadening the horizons of some of our students, reminding them that athletisism is not the end-all in regards to sports"

The Metrosexual Conference will be composed of New York University, Brandeis University, the University of Chicago, Case Western Reserve, Washington University in St. Louis, the University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie-Mellon University, Reed College, Johns Hopkins and Georgetown. All are located in or near major urban areas, where the term "metrosexual" has come to refer to men with an orientation towards the arts and culture who are not necessarily gay.

Metrosexual League coaches say they won't be "in it to win it" and hope to instill more important values in their players. "Say we're down by five touchdowns to a Big Ten school with two minutes left," said Carnegie-Mellon quarterback coach and drama professor Patricia Highsmith-Jones. "Rather than throw some stupid, sectarian 'Hail Mary' pass I would like to see our guys reflect a little and maybe present a tableau vivant to the crowd on the futility of life and absurdity of the universe."

In keeping with Robert Frost's famous dictum that a liberal is a person too broad-minded to take his own side in a quarrel, cheerleaders for Metrosexual Conference schools will only cheer when their opponents score. "We need to be sensitive to the fact that our graduates will go on to earn a lot more money than kids at some of the cow colleges we'll be playing," said Highsmith-Jones. "When our opponents score, we'll yell, 'That's all right, that's okay--you're going to work for us someday!'"

NCAA officials promised to review the league's application carefully, but expressed concern that lowering the bar of athletic quality would encourage schools to engage in low-budget recruiting abuses. "Some of these kids with high SAT scores come from homes where a hardback edition of Dickens is a big deal," said Bob Saccomandi, an NCAA compliance officer. "Give them a cappucino and a ticket to a Belmondo flick and they feel like they got a muscle car and a freshman cheerleader for the weekend."


ROTFL! Hoo, boy!! That's a good one, LLT! Ya had me goin' there for a minute!

(Uh, this is a joke right? Uh...right? Is it? )
__________________
Memo to all smack-talkin' trolls: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."-Abe Lincoln
memphissteelergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:53 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
ROTFL! Hoo, boy!! That's a good one, LLT! Ya had me goin' there for a minute!

(Uh, this is a joke right? Uh...right? Is it? )
Its narrow mindedness like this post that has put the formation of the MSC so far behind schedule - only now are the first firm details coming out.

Personally, I think they should erect a a tribute to Tom Brady in playing such an integral part in these important events - they could do a statue too!

MSC will be great, although I hear that the first logistical problem has cropped up - every player wants to reaffirm his unique identity and is refusing to wear even the same colors as his teammate - hopefully something can be sorted out.
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:03 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,328
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,168
Thanked 4,887 Times in 2,122 Posts
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

Personally, I think they should erect a a tribute to Tom Brady in playing such an integral part in these important events - they could do a statue too!

.


ok. who are you outsourcing your 1 liners to?
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:30 AM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Metrosexual Sports Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Its narrow mindedness like this post that has put the formation of the MSC so far behind schedule - only now are the first firm details coming out.

Personally, I think they should erect a a tribute to Tom Brady in playing such an integral part in these important events - they could do a statue too!

MSC will be great, although I hear that the first logistical problem has cropped up - every player wants to reaffirm his unique identity and is refusing to wear even the same colors as his teammate - hopefully something can be sorted out.
...That and no sane metrosexual would wear the "traditional" white football pants past labor day.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts