Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977
Default WTF is this?

What is Herm smokin'? And where can I get some?

Chiefs | L. Johnson on trading block?
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:54:43 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered RB Larry Johnson to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

From kffl
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088
Default Re: WTF is this?

It is just a bluff

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I don't believe it at all.

And if it's true,the only thing I can think of is that him and Herm had a major falling out during the offseason that somehow did not go public.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
What is Herm smokin'? And where can I get some?

Chiefs | L. Johnson on trading block?
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:54:43 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered RB Larry Johnson to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

From kffl
I call B.S. on this one. Herm would be publicly stoned at Arrowhead if he even entertained the thought of trading LJ.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

In all likelyhood this is nothing more than pure nonsense. Though the idea of L.J as a Steeler would indeed be worth giving the Chiefs Alan, a second rounder and next years first.
But then there would most likely be an issue with his ego in regards to splitting carries with Willie,... as well as the likely cap space his contract would consume.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I would hope that this is a joke...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

johnson has j. anderson, t. davis, and j. lewis written all over him. plus he wants a l. tomlinson sized contract. i can see why herm would consider that risk even though l. johnson may not even break down for the next 2-4 years. reggie bush is making $10 mil/year so larry's agent may ask for about 8% of a team total cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
In all likelyhood this is nothing more than pure nonsense. Though the idea of L.J as a Steeler would indeed be worth giving the Chiefs Alan, a second rounder and next years first.
But then there would most likely be an issue with his ego in regards to splitting carries with Willie,... as well as the likely cap space his contract would consume.
an offer like this is EXACTLY why herm and the chiefs would float such an idea.

id just as soon keep faneca and get a 3rd for him in compensation after next season, draft m. bush with said second, and still have our 1st going into next year. we would be better off in the long run, and perhaps even better. we would be dumb to offer faneca, holmes (1st), and a. smith (3rd) for johnson, so i wouldnt expect us to trade the same potential for someone who will either break down or eat a ton of cap... worst case senario- both.

we already essentially traded l. johnson once (for polamalu). to do it again would be ludicrous. like they say in the stock market... dont try to catch falling swords.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
johnson has j. anderson, t. davis, and j. lewis written all over him. plus he wants a l. tomlinson sized contract. i can see why herm would consider that risk even though l. johnson may not even break down for the next 2-4 years. reggie bush is making $10 mil/year so larry's agent may ask for about 8% of a team total cap.

an offer like this is EXACTLY why herm and the chiefs would float such an idea.

id just as soon keep faneca and get a 3rd for him in compensation after next season, draft m. bush with said second, and still have our 1st going into next year. we would be better off in the long run, and perhaps even better. we would be dumb to offer faneca, holmes (1st), and a. smith (3rd) for johnson, so i wouldnt expect us to trade the same potential for someone who will either break down or eat a ton of cap... worst case senario- both.

we already essentially traded l. johnson once (for polamalu). to do it again would be ludicrous. like they say in the stock market... dont try to catch falling swords.
Yep... You are right...

and the question is... Is it better to have an absolute superstar in one position.. or strong, skilled players in three or four positions. I vote for the latter... and if trading one player will give that to a team... then do it.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:17 AM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I wonder how many LJ will run for this year behind that disintegrated all-star O-line?

Maybe Herm realises that LJ's stock will never be higher and has decided to try and cash in.

If this did go down, one team that would be chewing a few finger nails would be San Diego - what value Michael Turner when LJ is on the same market?

Maybe thats even part of the ploy - to try and force a division rival to accept a bid lower than they would ideally want?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #10
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

The Chiefs have made it known that they will be in the market for a rookie running back during the early rounds of the draft. "They've put that out there," agent Jerrold Colton told Friday's Kansas City Star. "They said they want the running back duties shared a little more to save the wear and tear on (Larry Johnson)." The Chiefs hold the No. 23 overall pick in next weekend's draft.
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote