Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach
 
19ward86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Ohio
Posts: 1,976
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2717
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default more news on Faneca

ive been watching espn all day and it seems that faneca asked for a trade, i think he wants to be traded before he gets a year older and becomes worth less money. could plan by him. the coaches said that they will try to trade him by this weekend. i think the steelers need to get an offensive tackle like levi brown and with the 15th pick get someone like paul poslouszny or dwayne jarret.
__________________
[YOUTUBE]PGrTvNzGCZE[/YOUTUBE]
You must watch this video.
19ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,654
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,606
Thanked 5,103 Times in 2,386 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
ive been watching espn all day and it seems that faneca asked for a trade, i think he wants to be traded before he gets a year older and becomes worth less money. could plan by him. the coaches said that they will try to trade him by this weekend. i think the steelers need to get an offensive tackle like levi brown and with the 15th pick get someone like paul poslouszny or dwayne jarret.
Reported by whom on ESPN? Former 'Burghers Clayton and Lennie P. had good Steelers sources during the Cowher era but I think those sources have left town.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,458
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,075
Thanked 3,242 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

That sucks...
At least we'll get something in return unlike joey.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,285
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,151
Thanked 4,839 Times in 2,095 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

i wonder what detroits cap situation is? everyone talks about faneca to arizont but im sure colbert could work a deal with detroit (they need any line help they can get) and if they trade down from their #2 pick for gaines adams, who they supposedly covet, they will have a buttload of #2"s.
Quote:
2. Detroit: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson -- As soon as the Raiders pass on Calvin Johnson, this pick will increase in value for the Lions. They will entertain trade calls, most likely from Tampa Bay and Atlanta. Detroit could move down to No. 4 and still get Gaines Adams, or they could go to No. 8 and take Patrick Willis or Jamaal Anderson -- and still have pick Nos. 39 and 44 from Atlanta to go along with Nos. 39 and 66 to build up their roster. A QB like Trent Edwards would be a good fit in the second round, as well as a CB like Marcus McCauley and a safety.
ignore the typo with 2 picks at NO. 39- they still will have a grip of picks to trade.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
verks36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conneticut
Posts: 1,498
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5088
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

In the deal we must definitely need another first rounder
__________________


xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,654
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,606
Thanked 5,103 Times in 2,386 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

While anyone would obviously like to make more $$$, my bet is Faneca is set for life financially so more $$$ alone may not be prompting any request by him to get out ASAP.

So if he wants traded now, one concern I have is that Faneca may have sized this team up and concluded after recent changes it definitely is not a SB contender and probably is not even a playoff team. In which case, he may have concluded he might as well cash in now rather than have a front row seat to a re-run of the train wreck that was Steelers 2006 while waiting to get his next payday starting in 2008.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
While anyone would obviously like to make more $$$, my bet is Faneca is set for life financially so more $$$ alone may not be prompting any request by him to get out ASAP.

So if he wants traded now, one concern I have is that Faneca may have sized this team up and concluded after recent changes it definitely is not a SB contender and probably is not even a playoff team. In which case, he may have concluded he might as well cash in now rather than have a front row seat to a re-run of the train wreck that was Steelers 2006 while waiting to get his next payday starting in 2008.

Though may be "rich," I still think it is money.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #8
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i wonder what detroits cap situation is? everyone talks about faneca to arizont but im sure colbert could work a deal with detroit (they need any line help they can get) and if they trade down from their #2 pick for gaines adams, who they supposedly covet, they will have a buttload of #2"s. ignore the typo with 2 picks at NO. 39- they still will have a grip of picks to trade.
Why would anyone want to come and play in Detroit for MIllen.. I mean my 8 year daughter could run that team better than he does..
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 37,285
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,151
Thanked 4,839 Times in 2,095 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
Why would anyone want to come and play in Detroit for MIllen.. I mean my 8 year daughter could run that team better than he does..
the real question is, why anyone wouldnt want to show up and get ready to play for the steelers. i could care less where faneca wants to play if he gets us 2 high 2nds and a 3rd (steelers own his contract. he goes to where we send him. its up to him to threaten not to play).. the writing is still on the wall in graffiti sized letters regarding porter. dont think faneca hasnt read it.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: more news on Faneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks36 View Post
In the deal we must definitely need another first rounder
Yeah, and Faneca is worth it. That way we draft a good offensive lineman and address what is most needed in defense.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts