Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Exclamation Polamalu...Team may have taken it easy

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-.../s_370392.html

Strong safety Troy Polamalu said some of his teammates might have slacked off late in the preseason, which might explain why the Steelers struggled in their final two games.

"It kind of gets a little redundant, these preseason games," Polamalu said Thursday night, after the Steelers defeated the Panthers in Carolina, even though the first-team offense and defense did not play particularly well.

"You kind of start looking forward to the season," Polamalu said. "I think that may have been the reason we didn't play as good the last couple of preseason games. But that may also be an excuse."

As far as Polamalu is concerned, preseason games are just as important as regular-season games. He explained why he feels that way.

"Because I love to play football, personally," he said. "I love to practice, I love to go out there and play games. If I could go both ways and play on special teams, I would love to do that because I love to play football. But guys approach it differently. Will I have that same attitude about preseason games if I play 12 years in the league? Who knows? But it can get pretty redundant."

Because the Steelers were substandard in those final two preseason games, Polamalu was not surprised when coach Bill Cowher said, "We are nowhere where we need to be right now."

Cowher clearly was perturbed at his postgame news conference, conceding he was in a "bad mood" after an exchange with a reporter, whom he later made nice with.

"I think he was as wired as I've seen him after a fourth preseason game in the three years I've been here," Polamalu said.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Default Re: Polamalu...Team may have taken it easy

Just another reason to not throw in the terrible towel on this season yet. As quoted in another article I read today, by Hines Ward I believe it was..

Veterans don't like preseason games...all they want to do is get off the field and not get hurt and get on w/ the regular season.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Whatever excuse they come up with is fine. But lets blow off the dust, strap on the helmets and kick some @$$. no more excuses. the preseason is over boys. Lets start to climb the rankings ladder.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:30 AM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I did think the Steelers were unusually fired up before the Eagles game...then it kind of tapered off each game after that...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:44 AM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

I agree.. you could see them against the Eagles and Dolphins they were ready to go...but after that it was like, OK we showed up we kicked ass, lets go home and wait for the games to count.