Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,951 Times in 4,536 Posts
Default Re: Hipchest Mock Draft - (with trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
The amount of hype the Culpepper to Raiders potential deal is getting is baffling.

Its not like Culpepper is a highly regarded vet who is getting pushed out by a Brady or a Manning - he's going to be cut by the freakin' Dolphins.

As bad as things have been in Oakland in recent times, surely nothing is as bad as letting the potential acquisition of an unwanted fumble/interception machine affect what you do with the 1st pick in the draft.

To me this makes no sense whatsoever - maybe Oakland will end up with C-Pep but it should play no part on what happens in the first day of the draft let alone the first pick.
"pep" will find his way on a roster, and cost withstanding, i'd prefer him to brian st pierre, but i wouldnt count on him to be able to beat batch out of the #2 spot.

a logical spot might be him to detroit, assuming they trade mccown to the raiders. (talk about 6 degrees of seperation- oh harrington where art thou?)
Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
"pep" will find his way on a roster, and cost withstanding, i'd prefer him to brian st pierre, but i wouldnt count on him to be able to beat batch out of the #2 spot.

a logical spot might be him to detroit, assuming they trade mccown to the raiders. (talk about 6 degrees of seperation- oh harrington where art thou?)
Agreed, I think Culpepper will find his way onto someone's roster.

The problem is QB's like Culepper and Bledsoe (big arm, big rep) seem to find it difficult to get their heads around being a #2 QB - its the solid, high percentage guys (Kitna) who do ok in that area.

If Culepper doesn't win a starting job by the end of this year/start of next year I think he will retire.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #13
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell(QB)

2. Tampa Bay (from detroit) - Calvin Johnson(WR)

3. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson(RB)

4. Detriot -Gaines Adams(DE)

5. Miami (from arizona) - Brady Quinn- the next marino finally?

6. Atlanta (from washington)- LaRon Landry(S) miss out of johnson and wanna make hay trading shcaub.

7. Minnesota - Leon Hall (CB)

8. Washington -Amobi Okoye(DE)

9. Arizona - Levi Brown (OT) sights set on brown all along.

10. Denver (from houston) - Adam Carriker (DE) - miss out on c. johnson. turn to defense

11. San Francisco - Patrick Willis (ILB) -

12. Buffalo - Marshawn Lynch(RB) -

13. St Louis - Darrell Revis (CB)

14. Carolina - Greg Olsen(TE) -

15. Giants - (from steelers) - Joe Thomas(OT) - amazed he is still on the board. offer the steelers a ransom.

16. Green Bay - Ted Ginn jr.

17. Jacksonville - Jamaal Anderson(DE) -

18. Cincinatti - Alan Branch (DT)

19. Dallas - (from tennesee) Dwayne Jarrett(WR) - reminds jones of the next m. irvin

20. Pittsburgh - Laurence Timmons (OLB) -

21. Houston - Joe Staley

22. Tennesee - - Robert Meachem(WR) like the local guy

23. Kansas City - Justin Harrell(DT)

24. New England --Aaron Ross(CB) -

25. Jets - Chris Houston (CB)

26. Philadelphia - Paul Pozluzny (OLB)

27. New Orleans -Michael Griffin(S)

28. New England - - Jarvis Moss (OLB)

29. Baltimore - Ben Grubbs (G)

30. San Diego - Dwayne Bowe(WR) he dropped?

31. Chicago Bears - Anthony Spencer (DE) - not quite a perfect fit, but best defensive player left on their board.

32. Indianapolis - Jon Beason(ILB) -

I like your style Tone (considering movement regarding trades) But i'd still 'earl' if we selected Timmons with Houston and Poz still on the board.
What i mean is Houston IMO is a far better value than any of this years prospective 'backers' outside of Willis. And both he and Poz did more to distinguish themselves in college as oppossed to Timmons.

What i mean is,...let's just simply take the 'numbers' into consideration from 2004-2006,

Timmons: Tackles 126/ Tackles for losses 22.5/ Sacks 8/ 'picks' 1

Posluzny: Tackles 136/ Tackles for losses 32.5/ Sacks 9/ 'picks' 2

(And keep in mind Posluszny played 'out of position' last year coming off a knee injury)

Now though it's a slight edge on Poz's part,......it's and edge nonetheless. Even if some feel as though Poz may have already 'peaked' and will not be exceptional at the next level in light of his 2005 injury,..... IMO he will still be consistently productive at the very least. (based upon the strength of his character and work ethic)

Bottom line,....i'm not 'bustin your ballz' or anyone else yelling "Timmons, Timmons" ! LOL
But any way you chop it IMO, it just doesn't make sense to take him (Timmons) in the 1st round. Henceforth the reason i really don't believe we will.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #14
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

If Culepper doesn't win a starting job by the end of this year/start of next year I think he will retire.
it would be kind of a shame, really. qb's like brad johnson, rich gannon, steve young, just came on when they were about his age. randall cunningham had a rejeuvanation at a late age (is there any coincidence all but young were with the vikings????)

maybe he winds back up where he came from, or atleast a back up for mcnabb. he may not have that ability to be content like charlie batch. i'd hate to see him retire prematurely though (no way jerry jones or dan snyder would let him walk off into the sunset).
Old 04-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #15
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
I like your style Tone (considering movement regarding trades) But i'd still 'earl' if we selected Timmons with Houston and Poz still on the board.
What i mean is Houston IMO is a far better value than any of this years prospective 'backers' outside of Willis. And both he and Poz did more to distinguish themselves in college as oppossed to Timmons.

What i mean is,...let's just simply take the 'numbers' into consideration from 2004-2006,

Timmons: Tackles 126/ Tackles for losses 22.5/ Sacks 8/ 'picks' 1

Posluzny: Tackles 136/ Tackles for losses 32.5/ Sacks 9/ 'picks' 2

(And keep in mind Posluszny played 'out of position' last year coming off a knee injury)

Now though it's a slight edge on Poz's part,......it's and edge nonetheless. Even if some feel as though Poz may have already 'peaked' and will not be exceptional at the next level in light of his 2005 injury,..... IMO he will still be consistently productive at the very least. (based upon the strength of his character and work ethic)

Bottom line,....i'm not 'bustin your ballz' or anyone else yelling "Timmons, Timmons" ! LOL
But any way you chop it IMO, it just doesn't make sense to take him (Timmons) in the 1st round. Henceforth the reason i really don't believe we will.
dont worry, i know you aint buss'n my ballz, and timmons wouldnt be my pick either. passing on brown or thomas would be crazy at 15 (even if we dont immediately need either 1).

i soley based my pick on the fact that tomlin and the steelers seem to have a hard on for timmons. we never draft lb's 1st and ive seen a ton of mocks that have us picking up some good backers in teh mid rounds (from woodley to deossie). i think it would be easier to find someone like timmons in the latter rounds than someone like branch, okoye, or harrell. and considering the pricetags for cb's and that alot of teams line up more frequently in their nickel than their base, i wouldnt argue with a cb either.

truth be told, the steelers will probably make no moves in the 1st and take the best player on the board. thats the least risky move for a new head coach.