Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,780 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default NFL suspends Chiefs DE Allen

why does this matter and why should anyone care? because this is the same guy who was bitching and moaning and demanding a trade because the chiefs only offered him a 1 year deal worth $2.35 million, and he thought he deserved a long term deal.

shut up! play football! obey your contract! stay out of trouble! and actually do something to contribute to youre team, you prick!

dumbass.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/KC/10153747

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (April 27, 2007) -- Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen reportedly was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

The suspension was reported by the Kansas City Star, saying it stems from two DUI charges. But the NFL declined comment and no suspension has been announced.

Allen would have the right to appeal any suspension under the subtance-abuse policy.

"I'm sorry my actions of last year will affect my teammates, coaches and fans," Allen told The Kansas City Star. "I have definitely learned from my mistakes and am glad to finally put this entire thing behind me once and for all. I will be with the Chiefs this year and will do everything I can to help bring a championship back to the great fans of KC."

The 25-year-old Allen twice in the last year was charged with driving under the influence. He entered a diversion program in connection with the first charge, and recently pleaded no contest to the second, according to the newspaper.

Allen was offered a $2.35 million, one-year contract by the Chiefs as a restricted free agent. But unhappy with the club's offer on a long-term contract, Allen asked to be traded.

Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson said previously the charges factored into the contract process, but he still wanted Allen on the team. However, if a suspension is imminent, the Chiefs could approach the draft a bit differently, perhaps looking for a pass rusher.

They pick 23rd in the first round.