Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-28-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792
Default So, I participated in a live on-the-air mock draft held by a local radio show yesterd

Like the title says, I was in a mock draft yesterday put on by a local sports radio show here in the Detroit area. I was picked to be the Steelers GM, of course. ;)

It was only the first round and we couldn't trade picks. Then after the pick it was critiqued by the hosts and we were interviewed by the Lions insider who works for the station. It was actually a lot of fun.

Anyway, with the 15th pick in the draft I took....

OG Ben Grubbs

I wanted no part of Revis and Carriker was gone, so I took the top rated G in the draft.

The pick went over well with those involved in the draft and I didn't get bashed like I thought I would.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,419 Posts
Default Re: So, I participated in a live on-the-air mock draft held by a local radio show yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow View Post
Like the title says, I was in a mock draft yesterday put on by a local sports radio show here in the Detroit area. I was picked to be the Steelers GM, of course. ;)

It was only the first round and we couldn't trade picks. Then after the pick it was critiqued by the hosts and we were interviewed by the Lions insider who works for the station. It was actually a lot of fun.

Anyway, with the 15th pick in the draft I took....

OG Ben Grubbs

I wanted no part of Revis and Carriker was gone, so I took the top rated G in the draft.

The pick went over well with those involved in the draft and I didn't get bashed like I thought I would.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: So, I participated in a live on-the-air mock draft held by a local radio show yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
What you said.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

Yep, how's that Alan Faneca situation working out? It would be a lot easier to deal with if they had drafted Grubbs.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Yep, how's that Alan Faneca situation working out? It would be a lot easier to deal with if they had drafted Grubbs.
Kemo is a bull and Colon or Mahan can play Guard effectively...Stephenson was drafted for depth ....we will be okay
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

Quote:
Never thought of that

good point

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks36 View Post
Never thought of that

good point
I should also note that I do think picking Grubbs at 15 would've been too high to draft him, but we couldn't make any trades. Ideally, I wanted the Steelers to trade down a few spots then take him.

However, he's now a Raven!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Kemo is a bull and Colon or Mahan can play Guard effectively...Stephenson was drafted for depth ....we will be okay
Agreed. And even if some people don't agree, whats the point worrying about Faneca?
It's not like we can go back in time and erase what happened. He could just as easily been lost all year to an injury. Whats done is done. Time to move on. Faneca is dead to me.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #9
bangpow
Draft Prospect

I wanted to dig this one up, because I got a little criticism on my pick of Grubbs during that draft.

How's that pick look now?

;)
Old 03-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,419 Posts

i wouldn't have had a problem with grubbs, staley,blaylock, or ugoh at the 25th pick. i just thought 15 was too high for them, and obviously so did the other teams, because they all went late. i'm also on record of being against timmons at 15. i would have preffered any of the mentioned olinemen over timmons at 15.actually i would have taken poz before timmons at 15.....hopefully timmons will make me eat my words this year.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote