Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 04-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #11
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 Draft Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
LMAO! Come back at the end of the season and we'll talk. Man you people act like your professional scouts in the NFL. I'm sure they know A LOT more than you could even begin to imagine.
Maybe they have a plan. Only time will tell, But just curious, what picks do you think were good values?
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
yinzer-inseattle
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4779

Round #7 - Pick #17 - Overall #227 - Baker, Dallas - WR - 6-3 - 207 - Florida
Round #2 - Pick #14 - Overall #46 - LaMarr Woodley - DE - Michigan
Round #1 - Pick #15 - Overall #15 - Lawrence Timmons - LB - Florida State
Round #4 - Compensatory Pick #33 - Overall #132 - Ryan McBean - DE Oklahoma State
Round #5 - Compensatory Pick #33 - Overall #170 - William Gay - CB - Louisville
Round #5 - Pick #19 - Overall #156 - Cameron Stephenson - G - Rutgers
Round #3 - Pick #13 - Overall #77 - Matt Spaeth - TE - Minnesota
Round #4 - Pick #13 - Overall #112 - From Green Bay. Daniel Sepulveda - P - Baylor

My vote for picks ranked by value (from top best value to bottom lowest).

Getting Baker in the last round appears to be the steal of the draft for us. After that Woodley and Timmons both IMO are solid picks and worthy of their draw. McBean, Gay and Stephens could be sleepers and if so would be in the next value group. I think we paid a premium for Spaeth and Sepulveda. The coaches better be really high on these guys to go after them like that.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #13
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Sounds like EVERYONE likes Baker Rnd 7. Is there a reason he is so good and dropped off the radar?
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #14
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Sounds like EVERYONE likes Baker Rnd 7. Is there a reason he is so good and dropped off the radar?

i dont know but could guess and say a bad 40 time. but he reminds me of someone who had a bad rep last year and got drafted late and turned out ok: m colston. we can only hope
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #15
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Yeh.. I think that it was alot of his 40 speed. I think it was in the 4.6 range. They said that he is not really that agressive in the "going over the middle " section. And he not that strong of a run blocker. I hope the young man pans out, along with the rest of the picks but we will have to wait a couple years to know the real truth about this draft.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #16
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Excellent draft.

Got two good defensive players in the first two rounds. Picked up the best punter available in the fourth, and got a great receiver in the 7th.

Baker's a good pick--Igot to see him living in SEC country.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #17
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersboy1388 View Post
WOW... That's pretty much all i can say.. i am incredibly dissapointed... No reciever help... dallas baker? who the hell is that? so he's from florida big woop... look at chad jackson where has he gone?? oh yeah that's right buried on the patriots depth chart behind donte stallworth, randy moss, wes welker. Shows he was a great reciever... WE WERE ONE PICK AWAY FROM FRICKING DWAYNE JARRET!!!!!! how is that both kevin kolbert and mike tomlin are willing to trade up for a punter and not for a more decorated and proven reciever. I say we should have given carolina our 2nd and 3rd picks for dwayne... he's just that good... but even if we didn't get dwayne jarret... Lamar Woodley? i mean come on! Has his stock not been free-falling since the all-star game? we could have even got the hampton OLB Justin durant a little more unproven but if ur willing to take the risk on lawrence timmons u sure as hell better take a risk on justin durant. EVEN A CB WOULD DO!!!! Eric Wright CB UNLV was available!!!! i just cannot contemplate this draft at all... its got an fat "F" written all over it... i give mike tomlin 1-3 years b4 he is fired for good... i also wish kevin colbert director of football operations be fired with tomlin...
Come on man...Eric Wright has major character issues. Not a Rooney or Tomlin type of guy. Woodley was a good second-round pick. Jarrett cold just as easily be overrated as a guy from Florida, maybe even more so considering the current state of PAC-1 defenses. Dissing a seventh-round pick is kind of silly.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #18
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

If you don't know who Dallas Baker is, you don't watch much college football.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Baker info.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/baker_dallas

Mods - feel free to delete this post once you have edited the original post to incluse this link!
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #20
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Tomorrow every newspaper in America will post a grade on each teams draft like its as valid as your high school report card. What a joke, you can't judge anything for at least one season and to truly judge it you need 3 or 4.

All you "draft experts" truly amuse me. I can tell some of you actually believe your own BS and think you know more than an organization that invests millions of dollars to evaluate NFL talent, not to mention have many more years of experience doing it.

You are the reason they invented fantasy football.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote