Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,257
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,905
Thanked 8,195 Times in 3,490 Posts
Default Which team did the best...

...and did the most to help themselves with the draft?

i gotta go with carolina. thers alot of players they drafted i'd of like to see as steelers.

raiders did real well. russell, higgens, and bush could be around for years. higgens is the poor mans ted ginn, and will help with the loss of moss (the return of james jett?). bush could be the best rb theyve had since bo jackson.

i think the cardianals did pretty good too, but not quite on the level of the panthers and raiders.

sf and definitely the browns did well but using next years picks is cheating. anyone can have a great draft if theyre willing to use next years picks.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Jeremy
Banned
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Great American Southwest
Posts: 3,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

The Cards are going to stink again this season. It doesn't matter who they draft because the organization is a losing one. Always has been and always will be.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
boLT fan
Team Captain
 
boLT fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Erie, Pa
Posts: 919
Gender: Male
Member Number: 901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

sigh... Raiders.

Russel is a franchise QB and Bush is just like Frank Gore. If they would've taken a couple better o-lineman it would've been perfect.

And second place.. Chargers. Oh ya, I said it.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
sigh... Raiders.

Russel is a franchise QB and Bush is just like Frank Gore. If they would've taken a couple better o-lineman it would've been perfect.

And second place.. Chargers. Oh ya, I said it.
Eric Weddle is a player thats for sure. The Chargers gave up alot of picks to the Bears to move up to draft Weddle but that guy is going to be a player.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,257
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,905
Thanked 8,195 Times in 3,490 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
The Cards are going to stink again this season. It doesn't matter who they draft because the organization is a losing one. Always has been and always will be.
so you think the cardinals had the best draft?

TH- carolina
Jeremy- cardinals
boLTfan- oakland

i forget what wr help the chargers got, but thought weddle was an excellent pick. trading up for him didnt hurt much cause there arent many roster spots to be earned on that team.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
boLT fan
Team Captain
 
boLT fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Erie, Pa
Posts: 919
Gender: Male
Member Number: 901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Eric Weddle is a player thats for sure. The Chargers gave up alot of picks to the Bears to move up to draft Weddle but that guy is going to be a player.
It wasn't really as much as people thought. We had 2 3rds and 2 5ths so we didn't lose a whole lot.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

I thought Coach Whisenhunt had a very good draft. I thought he reached for Levi Brown but he will be their RT thats for sure. Remember they have a lefthanded QB. I thought Branch was a good pick in the second. Sure he needs a fire lit under his butt didn't live up to his potential at Michigan but he still had first round talent.

I thought Buster Davis was a good pick in the 3rd round.

I loved the Steve Breaston pick. That was my guy at Michigan, he will be their return guy thats for sure. Plus gives them another good WR for depth.

I think Ben Patrick could be the steal of the draft. He was rated a top five TE and drafted in a 7th round.

I like what the Cards did alot.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
It wasn't really as much as people thought. We had 2 3rds and 2 5ths so we didn't lose a whole lot.
Dude I wasn't taking anything away from the Chargers. They got a real player and its clear he was their man in the 2nd round. I like Weddle alot and he will upgrade the Chargers secondary thats for sure.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,453
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 246 Times in 102 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
sigh... Raiders.

Russel is a franchise QB and Bush is just like Frank Gore. If they would've taken a couple better o-lineman it would've been perfect.

And second place.. Chargers. Oh ya, I said it.
I'm happy with our draft, for sure. I wish we would have taken a DT somewhere, but I'm not complaining.

Tony is right about Cleveland, but they did real well for themselves.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,453
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 246 Times in 102 Posts
Default Re: Which team did the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
I thought Coach Whisenhunt had a very good draft. I thought he reached for Levi Brown but he will be their RT thats for sure. Remember they have a lefthanded QB. I thought Branch was a good pick in the second. Sure he needs a fire lit under his butt didn't live up to his potential at Michigan but he still had first round talent.

I thought Buster Davis was a good pick in the 3rd round.

I loved the Steve Breaston pick. That was my guy at Michigan, he will be their return guy thats for sure. Plus gives them another good WR for depth.

I think Ben Patrick could be the steal of the draft. He was rated a top five TE and drafted in a 7th round.

I like what the Cards did alot.
I think the Raiders got the steal of the draft with Bush in the 4th.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts