Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208
Default NoVA

If you are in Northern Virginia, check out Zig's in Alexandria or Bailey's Pub and Grille in Ballston (Arlington.)

Zig's is a hardcore Stiller hangout and Bailey's is flat out huge with a strong Steeler contingent. Bailey's is a little younger and Zig's a lot smokier.

Any other NoVA folks on here with suggestions for good places to go when you can't make the game?

Cheers,

J
onthebus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
aburdell
Water Boy

Member Number: 2310
Default Re: NoVA

Go to Thursdays its in Fairfax. I havent been there in a while since we got the nfl sunday ticket from direct tv. The owner and his bartender are from the Burgh so they always have to game on. Its like a half barber shop half resturaunt. It was a pretty good place to go, but i dont no what its like now.
aburdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
TDSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 2531

Just so you know I am pretty sure that Thursdays closed down at the end of last season. Sorry. I usually hang out at Bungalow Billards in Sterling. We get about 10+ Steeler fans their every week.
TDSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

You all should definitely check out Baileys. I'm not good at crowd estimates, but there are well over 100 Steelers fans there for a big game.

Baileys is in Ballston Mall and I think it used to be a JC Penney's. That will give you an idea of the size. The bar is divided into three main rooms. All the games will be on, but there will be one "featured" game in each of the room.

There will be a lot of Redskins fans but there are often just as many Steelers and Eagles fans. Giants are probably a fourth and then Pats.

Anyway, like most of you, I have NFL Sunday Ticket so I don't go as much as I used to but for those times when you can't see a game in person and want to be around a bunch of screaming fans, Baileys is a great choice. I took my parents there (my Dad is from Connellsville) for the first Bengals game last year and the game was on the main room. We had a great time in spite of the way things turned out.

I also hear Southside 815 is a Steelers bar but that place isn't very big.
onthebus36 is offline   Reply With Quote