Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room > Well Wishes

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Prayers for Rege

Once again, I come to my Steelers brothers and sisters and online family and ask for your prayers.

My friend, Rege, was at a McKees Rocks establishment on Saturday night, enjoying an evening out with a couple of his friends. While Rege is a big guy, he is truly one of the kindest, most caring and passive people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. (XT - you met Rege at Ken's birthday party a while back.) One of the drunken patrons at the club started a fistfight with one of Rege's friends and knocked him off the bar stool, causing him to hit his head. Rege, who was sitting down from his friend, rushed to help him when he was suddenly grabbed from behind around his neck and throat by one of the club's bouncers. The other two bouncers then jumped on top of the bouncer who had him by his neck in a "choke hold" and all of them went down. The first bouncer did not let Rege out of the hold until they discovered Rege had suddenly stopped breathing. The paramedics were called for both Rege's friend who had a deep laceration to his forehead from being knocked off the bar stool, and most importantly for Rege. It took them almost 15 minutes to get there. His heart stopped several times on the way to the hospital, but they were able to get it beating again when they got to AGH. Rege was immediately placed on a ventilator and has been in a deep coma ever since.

This morning, the ICU doctors ran an EEG and it showed no brain activity at all. The situation has become very grave and the docs spoke to the family at length this morning - I have not received word yet as to what that discussion entailed, but from once being a nurse, I have an idea. There are videotapes from the club which the police now have which clearly show that Rege did nothing to warrant being attacked like that by the club's bouncers. There are definitely going to be some criminal charges levied against both the club and the three bouncers and if Rege doesn't make it, I was told today that homicide charges will be filed.

Rege worked for a lot of years with Ken and he and I remained close friends. I just spoke with him last week and he was looking forward to his summer vacation. He has two college aged children - I know what a fantastic father he is and I'm sure they are devastated. I believe in miracles and I am hoping that Our Father has saved one for Rege. He is only in his 40's and has never hurt anyone in his entire life.

Please pray for him and his family that he receives that miracle, but in the event God has other plans for my sweet friend, that God grants him a peaceful and serene passing.

Thank you all for your prayers.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Prayers for Rege

You bet my thoughts and prayers go out to him!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and his family, HTG. God bless.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Yes, I do remember meeting Rege, HTG - he was a very nice and friendly person. It's really a shame what's happened to him and he'll definitely be in my prayers.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

You have my condolences and most sincere prayers for your friend and his loved ones HTG. I know that it's difficult to deal with,.....especially considering the nature of the situation.
But keep faith babygirl in the knowledge that there is purpose in all things. And that if it be the will of the Father,...your friend will indeed pull through. And that what we may consider 'Miracles' are but simply a small measure of his power and mercy,.. should we ask for as much.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

My heavenly father and Lord Jesus Christ I pray to you this morning, lifting up Rege to you. We know that you are in control of all things. Today Lord, we who call upon your name ask for a miracle healing to Rege. One that would stupdify the doctors but be a witness to you!

And Father if it is your will that Rege come be with you, then I ask that your Peace and Comfort surround his family and friends!

HTG - please pass along our prayers to his family and know that we are here for you if you need anything.

We know that you are the true physician and that nothing is beyond you. You raised Lazerus from the dead and I believe and I know that you can work a great healing in Rege.

I ask not that my will or anyone's will be done but YOURS!

In Jesus' name - AMEN!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Thank you all and thank you, stlrtruck, for the lovely and heartfelt prayers. I will most definitely pass all of your well wishes on to Rege's family. I am still waiting to hear something this morning as to where things stand.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

My heart and prayers are with you and your friend as you face this, Marianne. Please keep us updated.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Prayers from the 'burgh.

~Polamalufan43
Old 05-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #10
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Sending much love and prayers from Memphis....what an awful thing to happen!

I pray God's grace sustain you and your friend as well as his family.