Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room > Well Wishes

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #11
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274
Default Re: Prayers for Rege

Your friend and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

HTG.... I'm sorry to hear this...these bouncers these days can really get out of hand!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Rege
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #13
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Thank you all for your continued prayers. I went down to the hospital to see Rege last night and when I held his hand and started talking to him, I felt his hand move, but that could have been an involuntary muscle reaction, though you never know. It was so, so sad to see this once vibrant, happy and strong man laying there on life support. I tried so hard not to cry, but I couldn't help it. From talking with his brother and parents, the doctors are not optimistic at this point because Rege still has no brain activity and the entire frontal lobe of his brain is swollen. The only positive here is that all of the rest of his organs are working fine, so we're all hoping that the swelling in his brain goes down and he comes out of his coma soon. His brother told me that even if he does come out of it, the doctors have told his family that Rege will still have brain damage from his oxygen being cut off, though at this point, no one knows how severe the damage will be.

I believe in miracles and I'm asking God every night to please save one for Rege.

Thank you all again.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Just an update, asking for prayers for not only Rege, but for his family so that they make the right decision for Rege.

Rege's organs started to fail yesterday and his blood pressure began to drop significantly. He is now 100% on life support and there are still no brain waves. He has officially been classified as brain dead by his staff of doctors.

I went down again to try to see him last night and was horrified to find out that several minutes before I got to the hospital, there was an enormous fight between Rege's family (father, mother and brother) and his estranged wife whom he filed for divorce against several months ago. The doctors met with everyone about an hour before and told them that there is basically no hope that Rege will ever come out of this and will remain in a persistant vegetative state and totally dependent upon life support. Though they were in the process of divorcing when this happened a week ago today, his wife is still legally the one who calls the shots. It appears she told the doctors that she wanted his life support shut off to allow him to pass with some degree of dignity. His family is totally against this and thus, is where the fight began. They have never liked Rege's wife and that doesn't help matters. I was told by Rege's brother that the argument was so bad that security had to be called.

This is indeed a sad situation because though I'm not overly fond of Rege's wife, I can't say I disagree with her in principle. Right now, what should be important to everyone involved in this decision is what Rege would want, not what any of them want. Knowing him as I do, I can't see him wanting to live the rest of his life in a vegetative state. They all need to put aside the hatred and do what is best for HIM.

I called this morning and left a message on Rege's brother's voicemail and haven't yet heard back from him. I haven't slept much the past several days as this is very hard for me to digest, though I am placing it all in the Lord's hands. Please continue to lift those prayers up for not only Rege that he may pass peacefully into God's Kingdom, but for his loved ones that they may put aside all of their differences and come to a compromise that will be best for Rege.

Thank you all again for your continued prayers and thoughts.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

HTG...

I am so sorry to hear about that. You have been through enough this year. You will be in my prayers.. as will he.

God Bless.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

I am so sorry to hear about your friend ...I will keep his family ...and also you... in my prayers
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

That's so sad, HTG. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope that the family can all come together in agreement on this.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #18
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

HTG... I will continue to pray for Rege and hopefully peace will find the family during this awful time...

I just continue to shake my head when I read how he was hurt....it seems like its always a bystander that comes to help in defense that gets the worse of the situation...

God Bless..
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #19
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Continuing to keep this situation in my prayers. Thanks for the update.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #20
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

You already know I'm continuing to pray for him and his family. Just a sad, sad situation...