Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-10-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Rank your top 10 current NFL RBS ;)

I see these for QBs all the time on forums (case in point, there’s one now in this very board), but rarely if ever have I seen one for my position, running back.

1. Ladainian Tomlinson, No question, anyone who doesn't have him as their number one back has no clue what they are talking about.

2. Larry Johnson, I think most would agree that Larry Johnson is a solid 2 behind LT.

(It now gets extremely hard)

3. Shaun Alexander, Bad year last year, but I don't think what he has done in the past can be over looked.

4. Willie Parker, Some people around here may call me crazy, but believe it or not, Parkers national perception is VERY good.

5. Frank Gore, was once on the depth chart about Clinton Portis and Willis McGahee at Miami U.

6. Steven Jackson, Has both power and speed as well as good receiving skills.

7. Warrick Dunn, He has always been over looked, despite his size; he is one of the best inside runners in the game for Atlanta.

8. Brian Westbrook, Had a career year in 06 and if Andy Reid doesn't go back to the 70 yard bomb, 7 step drops, trigger happy coach he has always been, he will continue to thrive.

9. Edgerrin James, Like Alexander, had a bad 06, but I don't think you can look past his history without putting him up here.

10. Rudi Johnson, a great power back when used correctly.

I believe that the top ten running back lists will vary a great deal more than the QB one did... I think that after LT and LJ you could honestly put the other eight along with a few others like Cadillac Williams, Portis, McGahee and Deuce McAllister at three.

I also didn’t include injured/unsure status backs such as Curtis Martin or Priest Holmes in because no one really knows what they are planning to do… To qoute Tony Gonzolez "Where is Priest Holmes?"

Last edited by ShutDown24; 05-10-2007 at 09:27 AM.
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: Rank your top 10 current NFL RBS ;)

I think in the next few years Parker will continue to learn and grow and move up to the #2 spot, although as long as LT is still in the league I doubt he'd be #1.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Larry Johnson

3. Brian Westbrook

4. Frank Gore

5. Shaun Alexander

6. Steven Jackson

7. Willie Parker

8. Maurice Jones-Drew

9. Rudi Johnson

10. Deuce McAllister
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

1) LT

2) LJ

3) Shaun Alexander

4) Brian Westbrook

5) Willie Parker

6) Frank Gore

7) Rudy Johnson

8) Warrick Dunn

9) Edgerrin James

10) Reggie Bush
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i don't think bush should be consider in the top 10 rb in the nfl.. he only played 1 yr and yes he had a good yr for playing sp player, receiving back and then running... he might be in the top 15 but i don't think just after 1 yr he is top 10 sry.

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

The guy is an amazing athlete and changes the game when he is in there. And yes he was only a rookie last year and still put up numbers. Somehow I thought thats what teams wanted in a running back was someone to be able to change the game like that. But I could be mistaken...
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #7
ShutDown24
Team President

Bush isn't a top ten running back yet... He could be considered for top 15 in running back as well as receiver imo, but strictly as a back, he isn't there yet. He averaged only 3.6 yards per carry and had far too many negative runs. While many people say "Oh that’s because he’s like Barry Sanders, he has negative runs but is there for the big play". That excuse won't work if you’re talking about 06... His longest run was 18 yards... He had 565 yards on the season... That isn't a great number even if your splitting carries with another great back. All things considered he honestly cannot be considered a top ten back by many people no matter how many things he opens up when he’s on the field.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #8
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

1. LaDainian Tomlinson No comments needed, he's the man

2. Steven Jackson Maybe the most underrated player in the league. And yes, I have him above LJ. And I love any RB that runs over people

3. Larry Johnson GREAT RB, but maybe a little overhyped after that season. Again, I like him because how he runs people over

4. Frank Gore Hard to know who should go first between him and Alexander, but I think Gore is better.

5. Shaun Alexander Good runner, but goes down a little to easy for my taste. For a guy with his decent size, he should break tackles a little better.

6. Edgerrin James Even LT would struggle with that Arizona o-line. Will still be a big threat for season to come.

7. Willis McGahee I'm suprised no one else had him here. He played behind a horrible o-line and still was a top 10 running back, IMO. He'll dominate in Baltimore.

7. Willie Parker Showed he could be the number one guy and should keep producing for a lot more years.

8. Deuce McAllister Was a good RB even before this year, but he finally got some attention he deserved.

9. LaDainian Tomlinson Yes, LT gets on the list twice.

10. Warrick Dunn Getting old, but still a good player for a couple of years, even if he is a midget.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

1) tomlinson- fantastic even when people said they had the worst line and suckiest team in the league.

2) willie roaf (i know, i know... him and the rest of their pro bowl linemen are retired. expect lj to drop. maybe like t. davis or j. anderson. until then....)

3) walter jones

4) orlando pace

5) willie parker (just cause of his gamebreaking speed alone)

6) frank gore

7) clinton portis

8) e. james

9) westbrook

10) john kuhn

mccallister?
jones drew?
t. jones?
r. johnson?
bettis (still)?
r. bush?
m. bush?
m. turner? all could be #10 (or higher) but this years sleeper/darkhorse:

travis henry will be in the top 10 by the end of the 07 season. but as of now (until he runs in that system) i will leave him out.

who knows. running back soup that depends on how the team goes.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #10
ShutDown24
Team President

Walter Jones? Orlando Pace? Willie Roaf? SO I am guessing you are just suggesting that Jackson, Alexander, and Johnson are productions of their O-lines? Oh, an M.Bush? Do you mean Michael Bush? :O