Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Ricky Williams Tests Positive For Pot Again

Quote:
Originally posted by Fugawzi 4-17-2007
...I have NO idea what this has to do with anything, especially football or Ricky Williams. The difference between Woody Harrelson and Ricky is that Ricky gets a visit by NFL representatives who collect his urine once a week, at least. Ricky also has to notify the NFL if he plans to travel. So, I think it's pretty safe to say Ricky doesn't smoke weed anymore. That will be confirmed when he gets reinstated in the next couple of weeks.

I have been waiting for this article!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #12
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,287 Times in 469 Posts

Wow, what a shocker....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

What else is new. No surprise.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120

Definitely a shocker. Ricky was doing good, and hadn't tested positive for weed for a long time. I guess the desire to get high outweighed the desire to play NFL Football. His choice, his life. Some things said earlier in this thread: Ricky WON'T be accepted into the CFL this year, or maybe ever again. He can apply for reinstatement in to the NFL in Sep. but it's highly unlikely the Dolphins will accept him back, considering the "character" word being used a lot by Cam Cameron, and also because the position was addressed in the draft, before this last failed test. So, for those predicting that Miami's season is over, or that we will be in the "middle", the prediction really has no basis. The Steelers have gone through as much change, in personnel and players, as have the Fins this offseason. Nobody's future is certain, though the Steelers have higher expecatations coming off a SB win 2 years ago, and not making the playoffs the year after. And Lambert's, don't you have something better to do than pull up old posts from last month? Shouldn't u be fighting crime, serving and protecting? Apparently I was wrong, I can concede that. At the time I wrote that, Ricky had been clean off weed for at least 2 years. Things do change and happen. I had faith in Ricky, so excuse me for believing that he could turn himself around. (At the time you were comparing him to Woody Harrelson, which was ridiculous.) Anyway, I still think Ricky's talented, but obviously doesn't have the discipline to abide by the NFL's strict drug policy. Could be his "disease" social anxiety disorder, could not. But when he said he was "happy" to be retiring from football in 2004, I don't think he was lying.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugawzi View Post
Definitely a shocker. Ricky was doing good, and hadn't tested positive for weed for a long time. I guess the desire to get high outweighed the desire to play NFL Football. His choice, his life. Some things said earlier in this thread: Ricky WON'T be accepted into the CFL this year, or maybe ever again. He can apply for reinstatement in to the NFL in Sep. but it's highly unlikely the Dolphins will accept him back, considering the "character" word being used a lot by Cam Cameron, and also because the position was addressed in the draft, before this last failed test. So, for those predicting that Miami's season is over, or that we will be in the "middle", the prediction really has no basis. The Steelers have gone through as much change, in personnel and players, as have the Fins this offseason.
Fugawzi, I am assuming from your avatar that you're a Dolphins fan? I am surprised you're not pissed as hell at Williams for the way he completely bailed on you after you spent 2 years building your team around him. Hell, I'm a Steelers fan, and I'm still pissed at him for the way he did the Dolphins. I have to say I admire your capacity to forgive.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #16
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Die Hard Dolphins fan. Season Ticket holder the year Ricky retired, and basically retired our season. Yea, it hurt. Still does. I was looking forward to seeing him play for us this year. He's one of my faves. But, he's a person. He has struggles. I guess some people think football players are machines or something, and forget the human factor. so that's why I can forgive him. having said that. I do think it's a huge disrespect to his teamates and fans (like me) who had faith in him. I think now I'm a believer in the "let him go/cut ties" philosophy. This is too many times. Like I said things and opinions can and do change. Who knows, by Sep. he might be reinstated, and the Fins decide to keep him because a) its too late to trade/release him or b) nobody else wants him. So if he plays '07 of course I will support him, but I think we should let him go do his thing. I hope the best for him.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Die Hard Dolphins fan. Season Ticket holder the year Ricky retired, and basically retired our season. Yea, it hurt. Still does. I was looking forward to seeing him play for us this year. He's one of my faves. But, he's a person. He has struggles. I guess some people think football players are machines or something, and forget the human factor. so that's why I can forgive him. having said that. I do think it's a huge disrespect to his teamates and fans (like me) who had faith in him. I think now I'm a believer in the "let him go/cut ties" philosophy. This is too many times. Like I said things and opinions can and do change. Who knows, by Sep. he might be reinstated, and the Fins decide to keep him because a) its too late to trade/release him or b) nobody else wants him. So if he plays '07 of course I will support him, but I think we should let him go do his thing. I hope the best for him.
Well, whatever happens with Williams, I wish you guys all the best and hope you have a good season (except when you play us ) - you definitely didn't deserve what he did to you.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
reinstated in september....busted in october..
[IMG][/IMG]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #19
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I wish you guys all the best and hope you have a good season (except when you play us )

I can't EFFING wait for that game!!! Monday night, 4 days after Thanksgiving. Playoff implications maybe??? Hopefully for at least one of us.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #20
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I can't EFFING wait for that game!!! Monday night, 4 days after Thanksgiving. Playoff implications maybe??? Hopefully for at least one of us.
I'm looking forward to that game as well - it's gonna be weird seeing Peezy in aqua.