Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #31
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196
Default Re: Ricky Williams Tests Positive For Pot Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugawzi View Post
rbryan - the avatar is NOT me. I am a guy, and that is an extremely hott chick.
are you thinkin orange shorts = hooters? maybe

WWII - It's funny u say that, I was trying to figure out how to blow up that pic myself, she's "smokin" hott. I got the pic off a Fins forum of which i am a member.
I feel like that time in NYC when I almost went home with the hottest chick ever who turned out to be a guy. (ALMOST, the key word here lol ) What can I say, I'm just a simple country boy from PA, we don't have to worry about shit like that in the Burgh. And yeah, I was thinking orange shorts = Hooters. I gotta go get some wings now.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #32
silver & black
Team Owner

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Yeah, so does this country. Some seem to incapable of realizing that little fact. Eitherway, it amazes me that the NFL has given this guy so many chances and now the heads on ESPN are talking about how he now has to wait until September to have another reinstatement hearing. Unbelievable.

The guy is an idiot and I don't see why he should be permitted to play in the NFL. He was given a chance, and another one, and another one and another one. Enough is enough.
I would think that what Goodell has done with Pacman and Henry, this would be a no brainer.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #33
fugawzi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5120

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I know a lot of people enjoy smoking weed, I could care less. It just totaly escapes me as to how it can be so importent that you couldn't put it on the shelf untill your career is over. Right or wrong, like it or not, the NFL has rules against it. How can smokin be so importent that you would forego your career, the millions of dollars that would set you up for the rest of your life, and the ability to help other people with that money?
After the career is over... smoke it up! Why throw it all away for the sake of getting high?
(just something a little off topic: if you're trying to express that you don't care about something, the phrase is "I COULDN'T care less"...couldn't not could. A lot of people confuse it and it's annoying )
I see what you're saying, but again, that's how you would react. He might not feel the same way, or even care about "the millions of dollars", or lifestyle the NFL provides. The NFL has rules against it, and I am also amazed he STILL has the option of being reinstated. why haven't they just banned him? I expect in September he will be. While it is a "character" issue, this and former Ricky incidents are not the same degree as the Pacman or Chris Henry iusses. Pacman was allegedly "involved" in a shooting that resulted in a person being at least partially paralyzed. Henry's been involved in a number of incidents, including driving no license/no insurance, gun charges, DUI, and providing alcohol to minors. Way different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Yeah, so does this country. Some seem to incapable of realizing that little fact...The guy is an idiot
well, i mean, if every player who broke a law in this country was banned, I don't think we'd have many players. I agree, I think he has had TOO many chances, and has proven he can't follow the rules. But apparently the NFL believes in giving people second chances. (and 3rd, 4th...etc.) Be interesting to see what Goodell does. Idiot is a little harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I feel like that time in NYC when I almost went home with the hottest chick ever who turned out to be a guy. (ALMOST, the key word here lol ) What can I say, I'm just a simple country boy from PA, we don't have to worry about shit like that in the Burgh.
thats crazy. Howd u find out it was a guy, if u didnt go home with him? im sure there's a few he-she's in the "Burgh".
Old 05-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #34
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,410 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugawzi View Post
well, i mean, if every player who broke a law in this country was banned, I don't think we'd have many players.
"If you busted every player in the league that smokes grass, you wouldn't have enough players left to field the punt return team." Phil Elliott (Nick Nolte) from North Dallas Forty (1979).

As true today as it was then.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #35
silver & black
Team Owner

[QUOTE=fugawzi;246931](just something a little off topic: if you're trying to express that you don't care about something, the phrase is "I COULDN'T care less"...couldn't not could. A lot of people confuse it and it's annoying )
I see what you're saying, but again, that's how you would react. He might not feel the same way, or even care about "the millions of dollars", or lifestyle the NFL provides. The NFL has rules against it, and I am also amazed he STILL has the option of being reinstated. why haven't they just banned him? I expect in September he will be. While it is a "character" issue, this and former Ricky incidents are not the same degree as the Pacman or Chris Henry iusses. Pacman was allegedly "involved" in a shooting that resulted in a person being at least partially paralyzed. Henry's been involved in a number of incidents, including driving no license/no insurance, gun charges, DUI, and providing alcohol to minors. Way different.

Thanks for the grammar lesson that I COULDN'T care less about... annoying .

Just because the incidents are different, and the degree of severity is different, doesn't make it "way different". To the NFL, it is still a black eye. The NFL frowns on things that tarnish it's image. Like it or not, these guys are looked up to by kids. The NFL doesn't like it when their "employees" give the co. a bad rap.

It doesn't matter if pot is harmless or not... it is aginst the law in this country and against NFL policy. Lots of people may not like it, but that doesn't change anything.

If an NFL career and the millions of dollars it provides, is not importent to Ricky, Then why does he want to be reinstated?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #36
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Quote:

Thanks for the grammar lesson that I COULDN'T care less about... annoying .
This is way off topic, but I think it's funny how he gave you a grammar lesson... while he never bothers to spell out "you".
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #37
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
If an NFL career and the millions of dollars it provides, is not importent to Ricky, Then why does he want to be reinstated?
Simple - $8 million dollar breach-of-contract judgment against him by an arbitrator.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #38
silver & black
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan View Post
This is way off topic, but I think it's funny how he gave you a grammar lesson... while he never bothers to spell out "you".
Yeah, I caught that too.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #39
silver & black
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Simple - $8 million dollar breach-of-contract judgment against him by an arbitrator.
How does he expect to get reinstated while he keeps breaking NFL policy? He obviously doesn't want to play in the NFL. Obviously he doesn't care about the $8 million breach of contract either.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #40
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
How does he expect to get reinstated while he keeps breaking NFL policy? He obviously doesn't want to play in the NFL. Obviously he doesn't care about the $8 million breach of contract either.
I agree, S&B - my point was that the judgment is the only reason he "wanted" to come back in the first place.