Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 05-13-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Ben takes the high road.....and fails to take the bait.

Good job, Ben......there's hope for the boy yet!!
In other news.......Ben doesn't get the girl, Sepulveda launches the rocket, and.....(sigh) mini camp injuries.

Steelers Notebook: Roethlisberger says no romance with Sopranos actress
Sunday, May 13, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

As "The Sopranos" enters its final stages as a series on HBO, could Ben Roethlisberger be ready to pick up the slack for Meadow Soprano?

Following up on a rumor, someone asked the Steelers' quarterback yesterday if he were dating actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who plays mobster Tony Soprano's daughter on the TV show.

"No," Roethlisberger said. "She's got a boyfriend. We just did a photo shoot together."

He did not elaborate.

Roethlisberger also did not leap at the chance to pull a touche on teammate Alan Faneca. The six-time Pro Bowl guard once reacted incredulously to a question posed to him after quarterback Tommy Maddox's right elbow was injured in the second game of the 2004 season.

Faneca was asked if he was excited to see Roethlisberger, then a rookie first-round draft choice, play. Faneca said he was not excited about going into a game with "some little young kid who's just out of college."

Yesterday, after Faneca skipped the morning drill, Roethlisberger was asked if he were excited about playing with young Chris Kemoeatu at left guard. The quarterback did not take the bait.

"Well, you know what -- Chris, if it's his time to get called, then I know he'll step up and play well," Roethlisberger answered. "I think Alan's the best guard in the game and I can't wait for him to protect me this year."

The quarterback was asked to compare his new coach, Mike Tomlin, to his former coach, Bill Cowher.

"Well, coach Cowher, like I said, I was only here a couple years with him, and he was 'The Chin.' He wasn't that for no reason. He was a Hall of Fame coach, and it was a great honor to be able to play for him."

Arnold Harrison healthy again
Arnold Harrison celebrated the six-month anniversary of his knee surgery by doing everything an outside linebacker is supposed to do on a minicamp practice field.

"Six months to the day!" Harrison proclaimed. "That's real good, to practice full after six months."

Harrison had surgery to repair a torn ACL Nov. 10, and he became the Steelers' only backup outside linebacker with any experience when they released Joey Porter in March. Now, he'll have to fight for his roster spot after they made their top two draft choices outside linebackers, Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley.

"All I can do is worry about me, work as hard as I can and let the chips fall where they may," Harrison said. "I feel good and I guarantee I'll be 100 percent for training camp."

Timmons, Woodley watch
Timmons, like Tomlin the day before, did not view his groin injury from the first day of practice as much of a setback.

"I think it's good for me to sit back and look at the defense," the rookie said. "I'm not going to take it as a disappointment."

He and Woodley, who injured his hamstring on the first day, did not practice yesterday and likely will not do so in the final session of minicamp today.

"It feels good now, but I'm going to still give it some rest," Timmons said. "I'll be all right."

This could hurt? No
Rookie Daniel Sepulveda launched several of his "Aussie roll" punts yesterday, although none hit the ground. Each was caught by a punt-returner.

Sepulveda copied a technique seen from some Australian punters whereby he drops the point of the ball on his foot and kicks it more end over end like a kickoff. The idea is to do it so that if it lands beyond the goal line, it will bounce back, presumably to where the punting team can down it inside the 10 or so. But -- ouch -- kicking the point of the football?

"No,'' Sepulveda said, "It just misses. I'm just on the inside of my foot."

He also put his left foot to the ball to send it rocketing more than 60 yards a few times with good hang time.

"He better, you know?" Tomlin said. "He's got that reputation. But we say on a daily basis that reputations and resumes mean very little. They got to do it on a daily basis and earn it, and I think he's prepared to do that. He did get off a few impressive ones, but not unlike what we expect."

Short snaps

Running back Kevan Barlow's right ankle was injured in the morning drills, and he missed the rest of the day's practices. ... Wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who injured his shoulder slightly Friday, has a minor hamstring injury. ... Cornerback Bryant McFadden has sore ribs after a collision.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07133/785688-66.stm
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Ben takes the high road.....and fails to take the bait.

It's all minor stuff that happens at every minicamp.The guys are in shape,but theya ren't in practice shape.They will all be fine to kick ass this season.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
It's all minor stuff that happens at every minicamp.The guys are in shape,but theya ren't in practice shape.They will all be fine to kick ass this season.
Yep, it's only May. We'll just have to sit and wait to see how they are come August and when camp is heating up.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Good job Ben.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

They are being smart with the mediain an ugly situation...don't see alot of that now with other teams.

~Polamalufan43
Old 05-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #6
momper
Water Boy

Member Number: 1569

I swear I just read an article in ESPN the magazine that said ben and meadow soprano(the actress of course) are together and they interviewed them both about their realationship. I guess it wasn't true
momper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Injuries: Not worried... That kind of stuff always happens during this time. WHat we don't want to hear is stuff like, broken bones... Shoulder seperation... etc. etc.

ON Ben... well.. When Faneca made those remarks, Ben just blew them off, said he could absolutely agree with him.

On the Punter... DANG... yep.. thank you for trading up to get him... 60 YARDS?!?!?!

Think about that people... We are on the 10 yard line. We punt... We could concievably end up THIER 35/40 yard line!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,407 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think trading up to get that punter will pay off in the long run.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 AM   #9
abgroove
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
I think trading up to get that punter will pay off in the long run.
I sure hope so. I still think... "who trades up for a punter?"
abgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Class Act!

A men amongst boys when it comes to other QBs in the league.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote