Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #11
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274
Default Re: Favre an Unhappy Camper?

All I can say about Favre is BLAH BLAH BLAH get over yourself.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:21 AM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I think Moss to the Packers would have been a disaster - from a personal statistic perspective I think Randy would have done well - Favre throws a very good 40 yard jump ball.....

And interceptions don't show up on a WR's stats do they?

The thing is Green Bay is not close to challenging for a division title let alone a SuperBowl and thats where the problem lies.

Moss knows he may not get as many 'looks' in New England as he would have done in Green Bay but he knows he has a much better chance of enhancing his reputation as one of the games winners by taking home a ring.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:21 AM   #13
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I think Moss to the Packers would have been a disaster - from a personal statistic perspective I think Randy would have done well - Favre throws a very good 40 yard jump ball.....

And interceptions don't show up on a WR's stats do they?

The thing is Green Bay is not close to challenging for a division title let alone a SuperBowl and thats where the problem lies.

Moss knows he may not get as many 'looks' in New England as he would have done in Green Bay but he knows he has a much better chance of enhancing his reputation as one of the games winners by taking home a ring.
Only time will tell whether Moss will be a disaster for the Pats as well. I know you think otherwise, but..................

You might not want to get fitted for a ring just yet... there are 31 other teams that might have something to say about it, and it is a long season... things happen, no matter how good it looks on paper.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #14
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Yo LITP!

The best fit for Moss was New England.They have the best people in place to keep Randy Moss a good citizen and a good teammate.Bellichick,Brady,Seymour,Harrison,Bruschi ...they won't let him get away with his crap.

Then again,a lot of people thought the same thing with Dennis Green in Minnesota,but Moss was Moss.So there is the chance that he'll bomb out and ruin the Patriots.Better not let Randy and Merriweather hang out together,it could end up bad.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I'm a Favre fan. I respect and love the way he has played the game over his career, but in this situation he should keep his mouth shut. I love it when athletes who are paid to play the game also seem to think that they are part owners......

"I wanted Moss, "

"I wanted Grimm, "

"You should not have let Porter go, "
Old 05-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Why not start a team full of whining players...who think they are underpaid..under appreciated...and misunderstood!!!!

I already have the perfect coach for them....but the seahawks have him tied down with a contract.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Only time will tell whether Moss will be a disaster for the Pats as well. I know you think otherwise, but..................

You might not want to get fitted for a ring just yet... there are 31 other teams that might have something to say about it, and it is a long season... things happen, no matter how good it looks on paper.
The thing is, as I see it, Moss was a 'disaster' in Oakland for a number of reasons.

1.There is a lack of discipline and leadership running from top to bottom in the organisation.

2. Oakland is a bad team with an awful offense - I think its fair to say that New England is a good team with a good offense.

3. The Raiders had alot invested in the Randy Moss experience - a 7th round overall pick (plus a LBer) is a heavy debt to repay which meant they gave Moss too much leeway to act out when things didn't go his way.

Randy Moss in New England might not work out, hell it might even be cut short by the end of TC if he doesn't fit in, but he will never be allowed to drag the team down around him.

The minute Moss steps out of line and becomes a burden to the franchise he will be gone - Doug Gabriel found that out to his cost.

Therefore I cannot envisage a way that this move will cost the Patriots anything more than a wasted 4th rounder.

ps. You wont catch me crowing about the Patriots' chances of winning it all this year - I was only stating that we are a better bet to win it all than Green Bay.

You can't take anything for granted in football.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Yo LITP!

The best fit for Moss was New England.They have the best people in place to keep Randy Moss a good citizen and a good teammate.Bellichick,Brady,Seymour,Harrison,Bruschi ...they won't let him get away with his crap.

Then again,a lot of people thought the same thing with Dennis Green in Minnesota,but Moss was Moss.So there is the chance that he'll bomb out and ruin the Patriots.Better not let Randy and Merriweather hang out together,it could end up bad.
I think the major thing with Moss will be a change of attitude on his behalf - he sounds like an intelligent (if immature at times) sort of guy.

The vets will be there to offer guidance but I don't think they will be baby sitting him.

Merriweather is a young man who made a mistake - without a doubt it was a shameful cowardly attack he committed on the field, but I don't see it as part of an emerging pattern.

By the same token, Moss isn't a thug by any stretch of the imagination, just immature when things dont go his way - so I don't see them hanging out would be a problem.

Like I said in the previous post, Moss will never be allowed to ruin the Patriots - 1st time he steps out of line he is gone.

The Patriots have made that very clear - we dont employ boy scouts in New England but we do expect everyone to pull in the same direction.

Worse case scenario - Moss gets cut during or after TC and we waste a 4th rounder.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #19
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
....By the same token, Moss isn't a thug by any stretch of the imagination, just immature when things dont go his way - so I don't see them hanging out would be a problem.
....Squirting an official with a water bottle....running over a parking attendant....possession of marijuana...walking off the field before the game was over.....

Gotta be honest with ya LITP....you dont have to stretch your imagination very far before you think "THUG"
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
....Squirting an official with a water bottle....running over a parking attendant....possession of marijuana...walking off the field before the game was over.....

Gotta be honest with ya LITP....you dont have to stretch your imagination very far before you think "THUG"
I'll give you the running over a parking attendant..the rest..?

Childish antics - my nephew loves squirting me with his water bottle - he is only 18 months old though

Caught with a bit of weed? Thug behaviour? - i've smoked and im no thug.

Walking off the field early? The Patron Saint of Wide Receivers Marvin Harrison done just the same thing.