Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts
Default Re: Favre an Unhappy Camper?

its up to moss to get his act straight. not the patriots. this myth that they have a magical elixir is getting old. he woulda fit in just as fine with the packers as he would with the patriots as long as hes the one giving the effort. i think this idea that moss only wanted to play for the only team capable of winning anything (the patriots) if fabricated by the fans of the franchise who want to annoint them with a golden football. packers mgmt screwed up the deal. moss woulda been more than happy with farve. even moss knows the nfc is wide open whereas theres a ton of roadblocks in the afc.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #22
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Frankly I am tired of hearing crying favre, unhappy favre. He needs to retire and get it over with. If its not one thing its another with Favre in the headlines. Its like a sick dog, someone should just shoot it and put it out of its misery.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #23
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally posted by Livinginthepast I'll give you the running over a parking attendant..the rest..?

Childish antics - my nephew loves squirting me with his water bottle - he is only 18 months old though
18 months =adorable.....25 years old=lugnut

Quote:
Caught with a bit of weed? Thug behaviour? - i've smoked and im no thug.
I will refrain from answering this statement until your criminal history comes back.

Quote:
Walking off the field early? The Patron Saint of Wide Receivers Marvin Harrison done just the same thing.
HEY NOW....Marvin was simply going to the locker room early... to complete the blessing on the communion that he conducts after each game!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
18 months =adorable.....25 years old=lugnut
Bwahaha - without a doubt

Quote:
I will refrain from answering this statement until your criminal history comes back.
You are searching this right now? Is nothing sacred? Look let me get this out of the way now...that raincoat just fell open.....strong wind or something

Quote:
HEY NOW....Marvin was simply going to the locker room early... to complete the blessing on the communion that he conducts after each game!!!
Well if you say so.........did he get Jim Sorgi to put it in Peytons mouth...so to speak?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #25
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
If Favre wanted Moss so bad, why didn't he offer part of his salary to help pay for the huge contract Moss would have expected?
He did
Old 05-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #26
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Favre clears the air on trade speculation
ESPN.com news services

When the Packers failed to acquire Randy Moss, was Brett Favre angry enough to ask his way out of Green Bay? The three-time NFL MVP said no on Monday.

"I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New England. I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want to be in Green Bay," Favre said Monday in a statement posted on the team's Web site. "I want to finish my career as a Packer. Sometimes when I get frustrated I let my emotions get the better of me.

"As I said in February when I announced that I was coming back, I am excited about the young talent on our team and the improvements we're going to see from one year to the next. I really enjoy the young guys I'm playing with. I'm working hard down in Mississippi right now, rehabbing, and I plan to be in the best shape of my life. I look forward to playing with this team and seeing what we can do. I think we can be pretty good."

Amid public grousing from Favre about the state of his team over the weekend, a report on the Fox Sports Web site, citing anonymous sources, said Favre's agent called Packers general manager Ted Thompson to request a trade a few days after last month's draft.

According to the report, Packers coach Mike McCarthy later called the quarterback and was able to calm his anger, getting Favre to admit that he didn't really want to play elsewhere.

However, Favre's agent denied Monday that he demanded a trade on behalf of Favre.

"A trade has never been demanded and Brett Favre intends to be the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers," James "Bus" Cook, Favre's long-time agent, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. "Otherwise, Brett said what he had to say."

However, a Packers source and a source close to Moss told ESPN that the discrepancies in negotiations were over two primary points of contention. The Packers wanted a two-year contract, whereas Moss wanted a one-year deal, which he received from the Patriots for a $3 million base salary and $2 million in incentives.

The Packers wanted to pay Moss $3.5 million in 2007, a team source told ESPN. But a source close to Moss said that only $1.9 million was guarateed in base salary with the remaining $1.6 million based on $100,000 bonuses for every game Moss was on the active 45-man roster. Moss rejected that offer, along with a second year on the contract proposal from the Packers.

The Packers' mandatory minicamp begins Friday, and it was not clear whether Favre, who had surgery to remove bone spurs from his left ankle in late February, would attend. McCarthy said during the team's rookie orientation last weekend that he expected Favre to be present, even if he wasn't able to practice while he continues to recover from the surgery.

Favre didn't mention anything about wanting a trade in interviews he conducted during his annual charity golf tournament in Tunica, Miss. on Saturday. But Favre did make it clear that he believed the Packers passed on a chance to make "a steal" of a deal for Moss, who instead was traded from Oakland to New England April 29.

"It is disappointing," Favre said on Saturday. "We could have gotten him for less money than New England did. He wanted to play in Green Bay for the amount of money we would have paid him. It [was] well worth the risk."

Favre, who has flirted with retirement during the past several offseasons, told the team in February that he would return for his 17th NFL season.

Favre apparently spoke with Moss on several occasions before the draft. Cook was once Moss' agent as well, and still retains a lesser role representing the wide receiver in contract negotiations. That connection, though, is believed to have played no part in Favre's desire to add Moss to the Packers' passing game.

Instead, the Green Bay quarterback merely felt Moss could still add an explosive dimension to the Packers' offense.

"The last thing I want to do is start any [controversy]," Favre said. "But I think he would have been a great addition. You throw Randy Moss, you throw [current starters] Donald Driver and Greg Jennings on the field at the same time, and go three-wide receiver set ... and I think it's pretty intimidating. And we lost out on that, and I think that it's a shame, because I know we could have had him."

Favre, 37, acknowledged the obvious, that he is nearing the end of his celebrated career, one that will someday earn him a spot in the Hall of Fame. But he emphasized that he can still perform at a high level and that he wants to finish his career a winner.

"I'm not getting any younger and I think everybody knows that," Favre said. "I don't have five years to rebuild. ... I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win [now]."

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2869896
Old 05-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Nice backpedal there, Brett.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #28
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
The thing is, as I see it, Moss was a 'disaster' in Oakland for a number of reasons.

1.There is a lack of discipline and leadership running from top to bottom in the organisation.

2. Oakland is a bad team with an awful offense - I think its fair to say that New England is a good team with a good offense.

3. The Raiders had alot invested in the Randy Moss experience - a 7th round overall pick (plus a LBer) is a heavy debt to repay which meant they gave Moss too much leeway to act out when things didn't go his way.

Randy Moss in New England might not work out, hell it might even be cut short by the end of TC if he doesn't fit in, but he will never be allowed to drag the team down around him.

The minute Moss steps out of line and becomes a burden to the franchise he will be gone - Doug Gabriel found that out to his cost.

Therefore I cannot envisage a way that this move will cost the Patriots anything more than a wasted 4th rounder.

ps. You wont catch me crowing about the Patriots' chances of winning it all this year - I was only stating that we are a better bet to win it all than Green Bay.

You can't take anything for granted in football.
Hopefully, #1 is a thing of the past, starting this year.

#2, no argument... again, hopefully, starting this year, Oakland will no longer be a bad team with an awful offense.

#3, no argument.

The thing everyone seems to be overlooking is that Randy Moss is what he is. A leopard does not change his spots. With all of his success in Minnesota, why did they get rid of him? Even though the situation in Oakland was a far cry from ideal, Randy was gotten rid of, as you said, at great cost. Why?

Maybe his antics won't be tolerated in New England and he will be gone... team #3... why?

I'll tell you why... Randy Moss, contrary to what has been said, is NOT a team player. He is a spoiled, selfish, unprofessional player, who only thinks about himself. Sure, he says he wants to win but, he won't put forth any effort to be a leader. He only wants to win if it under his terms. I'm sorry, but I don't see Randy working out on a team that is all about being a TEAM.

I can't figure out how anyone thinks Randy even fits into New England's system. The pats move the ball methodically, as opposed to how Moss likes to play, which is throw the ball deep and high and "I'll come down with it". Brady doesn't have the kind of arm to use Moss to his advantage. Moss lived on the sidelines in Minnesota, waitng for C-pep to hurl it up for grabs. He couldn't play like that in Oakland, for obvious reasons, so he quit and became a child... stomped his foot and went home with his ball because he didn't get his way. Maybe I'm totally off base, but I just don't think Randy is going to do anything for the pats.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #29
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

It doesn't seem like Favre, but I guess anything's possible.

~Polamalufan43
Old 05-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #30
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Gotta be honest with ya LITP....you dont have to stretch your imagination very far before you think "THUG"
THUG isn't the word I was thinking of to describe Randy Moss.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote