Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #11
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,838 Times in 2,164 Posts
Default Re: Tanning Beds

Keep at it long enough you to could look like this.

Couldnt resist.... Hope you get better HTG.

Stop scratching that!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im a beach brat and desert rat whos only lived in california, arizona, and new mexico, where we grew up using coconut oil and baby oil for "sunscreen" and dark skin substitutes for a shirt.

i always look tanned.

anyways, whats a tanning bed?
Lucky man, I don't have to tell you how my Irish genes fair in the sunlight.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #13
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I thought it was a rash from the lotion when I saw it, but it should have clued me in that it could have been the bed when you said that you'd been using that brand of lotion for years and never had a problem. I was surprised, because that place is pretty nice, but it just goes to show that you can't trust anything these days. I'd be plenty pissed off too, no question about it.

Thankfully I was born with my tan, so I have no need for a tanning bed
Old 05-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,649 Times in 4,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Lucky man, I don't have to tell you how my Irish genes fair in the sunlight.
lucky indeed. the best was in tucson, where it was so hot (and unbearable to some), there was nothing else to do every day, during the summer, but hang out at the base pool during the 110 degree heat.

unfortunately times have changed and the blonde indian look is no longer "in". i guess thats a good thing considering the initial blistering burn of the season simply used to be looked at as the "base coat".

i dont look forward to the skin cancer issues i may face in the future, and once i decide to quit smoking, and drinking beer, i may actually invest in a bottle of sunscreen. living 45 miles away from where the 1st nuclear bomb was dropped i no longer drink the tap water though (i hear fallout is a bitch)

HTG- ive spent 4 summers in pittsburgh and the tanning sucks. it always rains and the humidity at 90 degrees is worse than 105 degrees in the desert. if you continue using the salons a can of lysol, or the clorox wipes should do the trick and not make you feel like a janitor up in the joint.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
Tanning beds are great.. I Have seen many of women who look like a piece of leather and there skin is just god awful in there many later years of tanning. Keep up the good work. Pretty soon they can just roll the tanners up in a role and melt them together as a tire.
Chrono - if you take care of your skin by properly moisturizing it on a daily basis and especially after tanning, your skin won't leather up like that. I'm in my late 40's and have skin like a 20 year old because I am fanatical about taking care of it.

I'm probably going to have to call my doc on Monday to get a stronger antibiotic cream, as the Polysporin isn't doing much of anything. Thank God it's been cool here in the Burgh the last couple days so that I can wear jeans. If my legs are covered, the itching is barely noticeable.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #16
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Oh bummer........ that bites. I always clean my own bed first.....they have a bottle of cleaner in the room. The kids at the desk don't even go in there in between uses so I make sure I clean it before and after. I always use indoor lotion (that makes a big difference....no dryness) and lots of moisturizing lotion all over, too. I'm the same age as you, HTG, and people always guess me to be 10 years younger than I am. I also find that once I get my base tan for the summer, I can use a self tanner for darker color (even though I hate the smell) and be able to cut back then tanning bed sessions a bit. The self tanners don't work at all on me without a real base tan, though. L'Oreal is really good, goes on without streaking and seems to have less of that smell to it.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Hi Hometowngal. I'm a guy, and I tan. I live in Cleveland, and I hate looking pasty and white as a ghost and I think there is nothing wrong with spending a few bucks if you are too busy to get a little color naturally. But there is no way I'm laying down on any piece of plastic that a billion other people have laid down on before me. Find a Hollywood Tan place. They have stand up booths, so only the soles of your feet share the petri dish of scuz from all the other unwashed masses.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #18
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Hi Hometowngal. I'm a guy, and I tan. I live in Cleveland, and I hate looking pasty and white as a ghost and I think there is nothing wrong with spending a few bucks if you are too busy to get a little color naturally. But there is no way I'm laying down on any piece of plastic that a billion other people have laid down on before me. Find a Hollywood Tan place. They have stand up booths, so only the soles of your feet share the petri dish of scuz from all the other unwashed masses.
They have stand-up tanning booths at my gym and I tried them a few times last year. Heat tends to make me sleepy and after almost putting a dent in my forehead from dozing off and falling forward , I went back to the regular beds. Good for you that you tan- there are a lot of guys at the tanning salon I frequent. I know what you mean about stewing in someone else's juices - LOL!

stillers - thanks for the tip on the self-tanner. Even though I can't smell, I remember what some of the tanning lotions and oils smelled like and I didn't like it. I'll definitely have to try the Loreal variety - I buy a lot of their products and have never been disappointed!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

Ech, that would freak me out! I hope you keep those orifrices covered, if you know what I mean!lol Pucker time!
Luckily I live in Florida about 10 minutes away from the beach & have started my base tan for the year, along with some quiet down time with mother nature. And it's something to do on Sundays till football season starts.
I've also been thinking of using some kind of self tanner to boost things a little, I'm getting older & don't like to cook like I used to.
I hope you feel better soon!
beSteelmyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:06 PM   #20
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

HTG, It's only natural with a shared tanning bed. Thank God you take care of yourself & your skin. In the scheme of things.....incredibly minor. Count your blessings!
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote