Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #1
qbvision.com
Water Boy

Member Number: 5560
Default Mike Tomlin...Who is he?

This guy is about what STEELER football is about. Believe this quote and remember seeing this post. When the players finally fall into what this guy stands for and actually believes what he stands for, watch out. I think if this happens by mid season, we have a great chance to make the Super Bowl. I can guarantee a Steeler playoff spot this year. This guys track record is unbelievable and he shoots from the hip. I really like his mentality and he stands for hard work.

GO STEELERS!! SUPER BOWL BOUND...
qbvision.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,173 Times in 1,349 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Mike Tomlin...Who is he?

Mike tomlin will be the key but we need to stay healthy and keep turnovers to a minimum if we have a shot at making it.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

In Tomlin I Trust. Love the enthusiasm qbv!!
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbvision.com View Post
This guy is about what STEELER football is about. Believe this quote and remember seeing this post. When the players finally fall into what this guy stands for and actually believes what he stands for, watch out. I think if this happens by mid season, we have a great chance to make the Super Bowl. I can guarantee a Steeler playoff spot this year. This guys track record is unbelievable and he shoots from the hip. I really like his mentality and he stands for hard work.

GO STEELERS!! SUPER BOWL BOUND...
Just out of interest, what 'track record' are you talking about?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I think he has to prove himeself.......he knows that.....And I believe he will do just fine.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
qbvision.com
Water Boy

Member Number: 5560

Track record = what he has done with teams in the past....just take a look. He took the Vikings D and put them on the map in one year. He has done this everywhere he goes...he makes teams better, not just better but much better. This is due to hard work ethic, understanding of the game, and the impact and beliefs he instills within his players.

You will see a much improved Steeler team this year. I promise you!!
qbvision.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
SteelerWatch
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5526

Health and turnovers all come back to coaching, at least in a roundabout way. Staying healthy is about 98% conditioning and 2% pure luck. If you take the time to get your body in top form, you are far less likely to suffer any major injuries. Turnovers are all about the mental part of the game -- both in preventing them, and recovering from them. Teaching your quarterbacks to read the field properly limits INTs; instructing runningbacks and receivers to cover the ball with both hands, or carry it with the hand away from the action (and also switching hands in stride) results in far fewer fumbles. And making sure your players keep their heads in the game at all times means you are far more likely to return to good form following a turnover.

Cowher was a great coach and will be remembered as such, but after the XL win it just didn't seem like he cared anymore. There was no emphasis on offseason training, and his head never seemed to be in the game. When your coach is disconnected from what is happening on the field, no one on the field will be as good as they can be, either. It's a pretty clear relationship: he showed absolutely no emotions on the sidelines, and at the same time injuries and turnovers increased dramatically.