Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,395 Times in 506 Posts
Default Chris Henry Cleared

Appears the thug didn't get popped on the drug test after all:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2880304

State of Kentucky says Henry didn't fail drug test

ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 23, 2007, 1:52 PM ET

The state of Kentucky confirmed what Chris Henry's agent contended all along: The Bengals wide receiver did not fail a drug test.

Prosecutors announced early Monday that Henry had tested positive for opiates but almost immediately backed off the report. On Wednesday, the state of Kentucky released the following statement:

"This information did not come from the state Division of Probation & Parole. Repeated referrals to our office by the Kenton County Attorney's office were wrong. The Kenton County Attorney's Office has no jurisdiction in our probation supervision of Henry. Our office did, however, receive results of a drug test conducted on Henry today, and those results were negative."

The Bengals on Wednesday said they were pleased with the news.

"The Bengals are pleased that Kentucky's Division of Probation and Parole has confirmed in a press advisory today that Chris Henry did not violate any court-ordered testing he has undergone," the team said in a statement.

Henry, who has been suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season under the NFL's new personal conduct policy, is permitted to work out at the Bengals' facilities in the offseason and participate in training camp, including preseason games. He won't be allowed to practice with the team when the regular season begins. He will be reinstated after the eighth game if he stays out of trouble.

"The Club is not aware of any circumstance in which Chris has not complied with his obligations to legal and NFL-related procedures that will be required if he is to return to active playing status during the 2007 season," the team said.

Henry is on probation in Kentucky for letting minors drink in a hotel room he rented and in Florida for carrying a concealed weapon.

On Monday, agent Marvin Frazier, citing information he received from the Bengals and Henry, said an initial screening, which he compared to a home-pregnancy test, had been followed up with one that confirmed there were no drugs in Henry's system.

Frazier said the drug screening was part of Henry's two-year probation in Florida, where he pleaded guilty last year to a concealed weapon charge. Henry is also on probation in Kenton County after pleading guilty to a charge of letting minors drink in his hotel room.

Henry, the Bengals' No. 3 receiver, has shown big-play ability, and the offense struggled last year when he was benched one game by coach Marvin Lewis and suspended two more by the NFL.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Chris Henry Cleared

Much like I stated with Ricky Williams before he failed his fifth(?) and last drug test......all in time with this P.O.S.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Much like I stated with Ricky Williams before he failed his fifth(?) and last drug test......all in time with this P.O.S.
Oh, I agree - especially since the scumbag is allowed to self-administer his tests!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,051 Times in 4,571 Posts

the bungles and their fan(s) can look at this as a fire drill. it was good practice.

i guess the wizzinator does work.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
On Monday, agent Marvin Frazier, citing information he received from the Bengals and Henry, said an initial screening, which he compared to a home-pregnancy test, had been followed up with one that confirmed there were no drugs in Henry's system.
however results did say he is carrying twins.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Over or under a year before he's busted for something? This does not include traffic violations, DUI's, drug possesion charges or giving reach arounds to Carson Palmer because those are very minor offenses when it comes to Chris Henry and the Cincinnati Bengal organization in general.

Over or under?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Over or under a year before he's busted for something? This does not include traffic violations, DUI's, drug possesion charges or giving reach arounds to Carson Palmer because those are very minor offenses when it comes to Chris Henry and the Cincinnati Bengal organization in general.

Over or under?
Under - I imagine he'll get stopped with an unregistered handgun - you didn't mention that one!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
tony hipchest
Supporter

i'll go under with either vehicular homicide or involuntary manslaughter.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Under - I imagine he'll get stopped with an unregistered handgun - you didn't mention that one!
lol, I lost track after his fourth arrest. Thank you fansince'76.

EDIT: Scratch that, we got three unders.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Under, I'm calling it - after the bungles take a beating in Week 8, he goes off the deep end whining, bitchin', and moaning that if he were playing they would have won. He, TJ whosmydaddy, and ocho (let me renege on a raffle) stinko go downtown cincinnati and they procede to get plastered. They run into a few of the Steelers faithful and Henry pulls out his concealed gun, waves it around in the air like TJ looking for a pass interference flag. The Steelers fans laugh at them, take the gun out of his hand, and procede to hold him down until the police get there.

Goodell, commends the Steelers faithful for protecting the league, and then gives Henry his NFL walking papers. Much to everyone's shagrin, NBC hires him as an analyst for Sunday night football where his first game is in Pittsburgh and the crowd gets so loud when he tries to talk that no one can understand what he is saying - not even the person doing the closed captioning!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote