Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Which deal do you make?
Sign Roethlisberger and Ward 27 79.41%
Sign Faneca and Polamalu 7 20.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #21
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: You are the Steelers GM.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbvision.com View Post
NEITHER....I sign Troy and Ben.......

Same here, the choices were wierd. But voted to keep Ben and Hines.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:12 PM   #22
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

I didn't vote either...the options are not a likely package anyway.....I would expect better from LITP given his football knowledge...
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
I didn't vote either...the options are not a likely package anyway.....I would expect better from LITP given his football knowledge...

I think the poll was more of a hypothetical... if you HAD Too... which way would you go.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #24
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Preach, I would vote the F.O. make the decision in good faith knowing that we will likely kick the PAT's a$$ this year!. LITP, please convert!!!! We know you're a closet SF!

Bless,
GB
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #25
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Sorry I refuse to answer the question based on the grounds that I feel you are trying to "trap" us Steelers fans into something so you can poke fun at us later!

And in all seriousness, I love Ward, he's my favorite and Troy is second but in the order of need, we need to keep Troy and Ben. You can't rob Peter to pay Paul in this hypothetical situation.

Besides if they got rid of Troy, Ben, or Hines, I think there would be a lot of Steelers fans doing this and and and while other team's fans would be standing by and and eager to
LOL.

Well, gee whizz, you must think im some kinda sneaky character....

What I was trying to do was give you guys a genuine dilemna - alot of these polls/questions are too easy to answer... ie Will 'Touchdown Baker be the bestest WR ever..?

Reading this forum sometimes you would think that the FO had unlimited resources - this was an attempt at a demonstration of the issues that FO's sometimes have to deal with.

Thats all - no trap
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:38 AM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
As Preacher said, it was just an attempt to give Steeler fans a genuine dilemna to think about.

Alot of the time you get threads like 'Should we keep Hines?' and the main consensus is nearly always 'yes'.

Then you can repeat that formula for Ben, Troy, Faneca, Willie Parker....and all you learn is that majority of people want to keep all of those players.

If you don't want to vote, thats fine - it was a purely hypothetical question loosely based around the contractual issues of the Steelers offseason.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 AM   #27
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
As Preacher said, it was just an attempt to give Steeler fans a genuine dilemna to think about.

Alot of the time you get threads like 'Should we keep Hines?' and the main consensus is nearly always 'yes'.

Then you can repeat that formula for Ben, Troy, Faneca, Willie Parker....and all you learn is that majority of people want to keep all of those players.

If you don't want to vote, thats fine - it was a purely hypothetical question loosely based around the contractual issues of the Steelers offseason.
Ya, I couldn't believe how many people answered keep Ben and Troy. That wasn't an option guys... Don't worry the F.O. won't be making their decisions based off this poll

P.S. Apparently we are the only two up at this ungodly hour, LITP...
Old 05-25-2007, 03:55 AM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
Ya, I couldn't believe how many people answered keep Ben and Troy. That wasn't an option guys... Don't worry the F.O. won't be making their decisions based off this poll

P.S. Apparently we are the only two up at this ungodly hour, LITP...
Yeah, I knew some people would try and go for the non-existent Ben/Troy option

Ah, its a lovely sunny morning here - approx 10am in the UK.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #29
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Well the Steelers already resigned Hines Ward and he isn't getting any younger. So I would resign Troy and Ben.
The Steelers would be crazy not to do this one... There is no other deals that they should worry about before these two are taken care of . I love Hines and Faneca can find a new home anytime in my opinion and it wouldnt bother me in the least. Troy and Ben are the most important part of their respective sides of the ball.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:50 AM   #30
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Those aren't very good options. If we have half a brain, we ought to be able to figure out a way to keep Ben, Hines AND Troy. That's the upside of sacrificing Porter and Faneca.

+1

Here is a hypothetical for you, based totally in fantasy, just for discussion purposes, of course.

The Patriots can keep Tom Brady, but they have to cut A. Thomas, R. Moss, and D. Stallworth to pay for his new extension; or they can cut Brady loose right now, keep the other three guys and have Matt Cassels start at QB.

Make a choice, one or the other. If I were the Pats GM I would cut Brady. Hell, I would have cut him last month after he was photographed wearing a Yankees hat.
1207 is offline   Reply With Quote