Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #61
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
if admitting youre wrong when youre obviously wrong means youre a flip flopper, then i gotta say ive "flip-flopped" a time or 2 in my life.

personally i'd rather support somebody who can admit mistakes rather than somebody who lies, and tries to cover them up. im not accusing anyone im particular, just using the whole "flip-flopper" argument....
You mean like this?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/...raq/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- On the eve of Iraq's historic election, President Bush took responsibility Wednesday for "wrong" intelligence that led to the war, but he said removing Saddam Hussein was still necessary.

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong," Mr Bush said. "As president, I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq."

Bush admits Iraq intelligence was wrong



Staff and agencies
Wednesday December 14, 2005

Bush Admits Faulty Iraq Intel

Related: Plan Outlines President's Iraq Goals

(CBS) WASHINGTON On the eve of landmark elections in Iraq, President Bush on Wednesday accepted responsibility for going to war despite intelligence that "turned out to be wrong."

But, he insisted, the decision to oust Saddam Hussein was still correct.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #62
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,424
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 799 Times in 311 Posts
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
No, I'm sure it didn't .....I'm sure it was the sheer harshness of the word "snaggletooth" that did promped you to play the ban card rather than just send me a warning.

You did what you had to do right? ...... Kind of like a cop giving an elderly man in a wheel chair a ticket for jay-walking.
You're right, there was A LOT more involved, as you've still conveniently forgot to mention. A friendly word of advice: drop it.

Last edited by fansince'76; 06-26-2007 at 10:04 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 PM   #63
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
No, I'm sure it didn't .....I'm sure it was the sheer harshness of the word "snaggletooth" that did promped you to play the ban card rather than just send me a warning.

You did what you had to do right? ...... Kind of like a cop giving an elderly man in a wheel chair a ticket for jay-walking.
But of course, you conveniently left out the fact that you WERE issued a warning to knock it off after using that term, and it was AFTER you decided to act like a little kid and stomp your feet because you didn't get your way that you were issued the ban.

If you're going to complain on the open board, at least tell the WHOLE story. Otherwise your credibilty gets flushed right down the toilet.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #64
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
No, I'm sure it didn't .....I'm sure it was the sheer harshness of the word "snaggletooth" that did promped you to play the ban card rather than just send me a warning.

You did what you had to do right? ...... Kind of like a cop giving an elderly man in a wheel chair a ticket for jay-walking.
Pssssssst. I infracted you for a personal attack on another member. I didn't temp ban you, but to be perfect honest here - if another Mod hadn't "arrived there first" , I would have. The infract I gave you was your warning - it was your own decision to not let it drop and carry it one step farther.

P.S. I don't appreciate being told to "jerk it" as your smiley suggests for simply doing my job. You broke the very simple rules we have around here and you have no one to blame but yourself. If you haven't read the board COC, I suggest that you familiarize yourself with it. Now let's drop this and move on.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 AM   #65
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,718
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,658
Thanked 7,024 Times in 3,048 Posts
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
You mean like this?



But, he insisted, the decision to oust Saddam Hussein was still correct.
translation: "i was wrong, but i still think im right".

yeah, i think thats pretty much what i meant. anyways, who was it that was "flip-flopping"?
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #66
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
translation: "i was wrong, but i still think im right".

yeah, i think thats pretty much what i meant. anyways, who was it that was "flip-flopping"?
You were Tony.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:34 PM   #67
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: One of the Scariest Things You'll Ever Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
You mean like this?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/...raq/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- On the eve of Iraq's historic election, President Bush took responsibility Wednesday for "wrong" intelligence that led to the war, but he said removing Saddam Hussein was still necessary.

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong," Mr Bush said. "As president, I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq."

Bush admits Iraq intelligence was wrong



Staff and agencies
Wednesday December 14, 2005

Bush Admits Faulty Iraq Intel

Related: Plan Outlines President's Iraq Goals

(CBS) WASHINGTON On the eve of landmark elections in Iraq, President Bush on Wednesday accepted responsibility for going to war despite intelligence that "turned out to be wrong."

But, he insisted, the decision to oust Saddam Hussein was still correct.
I'm happy the Bush at least is at least taking responsibility for his actions.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts