Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #21
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942
Default Re: Timmons frusturated with injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
So what your saying Padre is that Timmons just did'nt 'click' into a system (Bowden's) that is predicated most purely upon speed and and athleticism because of a lack of maturity ?
And that he was absoloutely in the best condition that he could possibly be in for all of his pre draft workouts,.....as to compensate for his lack of height, weight and aforementioned speed ?
Don't get me wrong,...'measurables' don't always make the player. As more often than not this is a matter of will and application. But with that said,.... i would like to see you,...or anyone else here give two reasons as to why Timmons deserved to be our 1st round selection with the 15th pick,...other than "Hey,...he's the guy we selected,....I love him !" LOL
Reasons:

1-I think we needed an OLB. Someone else must have also, considering they drafted 2 in the first 2 rounds.

2- All this nonsense about him being a late bloomer is absolute BULLLLLLLLLLLLLL. period.
Do you even know who he played behind at Florida State? Before "cracking" the starting line up? Kamerion Wimbley and Ernie Simms. Man, talk about some stiff competition. He only had to fight for time against TWO FIRST ROUND TOP FIFTEEN PICKS.

How did those two picks turn out??

Wimbley- 11 sacks.
Sims- 124 tackles.

AS ROOKIES.

FSU a shell of its former self??? Without doing ANY research at all, I would bet to say that FSU has had more defensive players taken in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft the past three years than any other college. That offense might be a mess, but their defense is just as fast and dominating as ever. Last year was a down year for the whole ACC.

and last but not least ... Hey!, he IS the guy we selected. Gotta love em'.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
ajs8207
Starter

Member Number: 2795

Theres a while until training camp...he should be fine by then
ajs8207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #23
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
Reasons:

1-I think we needed an OLB. Someone else must have also, considering they drafted 2 in the first 2 rounds.

2- All this nonsense about him being a late bloomer is absolute BULLLLLLLLLLLLLL. period.
Do you even know who he played behind at Florida State? Before "cracking" the starting line up? Kamerion Wimbley and Ernie Simms. Man, talk about some stiff competition. He only had to fight for time against TWO FIRST ROUND TOP FIFTEEN PICKS.

How did those two picks turn out??

Wimbley- 11 sacks.
Sims- 124 tackles.

AS ROOKIES.

FSU a shell of its former self??? Without doing ANY research at all, I would bet to say that FSU has had more defensive players taken in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft the past three years than any other college. That offense might be a mess, but their defense is just as fast and dominating as ever. Last year was a down year for the whole ACC.

and last but not least ... Hey!, he IS the guy we selected. Gotta love em'.

Hmmm,....let's see,.....FSU 2003=3 losses, 2004=3 losses, 2005=5 losses, and last season 6 losses. Your right Paw FSU appears to be in very good shape. How could i have failed to make note of such 'progression' ?

With that said,....back to your reasoning. Could it not be argued that our 'need' at OLB could have been filled by moving up and taking the best backer period in Patrick Willis ? Or by taking one of at least three other Lb's (that will all most likely end up as better pros than Timmons),..... that were available after the first including Woodley ? Oh that's right,.....we did take Woodley in the 2nd. LOL

As far as him having to play behind Wimbley and Simms. They are both 'solid' players but neither were of the quality of say a,.... John Vilma,.. on the collegiate level. (Though Wimbley has a great deal of upside)

Bottom line,....that's no excuse.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:05 AM   #24
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Weakkkkkkkk ... FSU hasn't done squat on offense. Their defense is the only thing that keeps them in games.

Patrick Willis=No speath and or Sepulveda, mcbean, gay ... someone.

We needed all of our picks this year. I think Nolan had his heart set on willis so it might have even meant no woodley.

Solid players? they played on an absolutely STACKED defense ... and both with in the top 13 picks. I dunno man, I dont think timmons would have lasted that much longer considering beason went what, ten picks later? I doubt timmons would have lasted much longer. He was the best OLB in the draft and the steelers got their guy. They needed a better pass rush. period. Our secondary has so much talent, but that doesn't mean squat when you cant get any pressure on the QB. Timmons and Woodley are going to make people think, peezy who?
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote