Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #21
dnels14
Water Boy

Member Number: 5500
Default Re: Big Ben champions no-huddle schemes

way to go BIG BEN AND BRUSE ARAINS . the no-huddle offense will give us plenty of options.. keeping defenses from subbin, backed up on there heels, and getting the multiple looks.. BY THE WAY GUYS... I FEEL LIKE IM A TEAMATE TRUE AND OUT. I aslo wants to give props to BRUSE ARAINS again- WE HAVE THE BEST TIGHTENDS IN THE LEAGUE-. SPREAD FORMATIONS - HAMMER THE RUNNING GAME AND HAMMER THE PASS.
I think we'll have oposing defense burnning quickly timeouts, loosing fucus..

PS. I LOVE OUR NEW COACH MIKE TOMLIN

and for mr. ALLEN FANECA- TAKE A CHILL PILL. LETS NOT FORGET YOUR MAKING OF 4.5M THIS SEASON- WE ALL KNOW THATS NOT PENNIES

Last edited by dnels14; 05-26-2007 at 07:04 AM.
dnels14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #22
drew102e
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5081

ah gawd i am flashing back to the year of the 'tommy gun'

i hope it works, it would be fun to watch, and i love the steelers with a big lead, less ulcers that way :)

but frankly...i am not sure if ben is smart enough to run a no huddle...most of the time he just doesnt seem that intelligent to me, so calling plays, setting protections, audibles, i dunno if he can can handle it

*puts on flame-resistant vest*
Old 05-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #23
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I remember folks making similar remarks regarding Bradshaw's intelligence. Walt Kiesling also cut Johnny Unitas from the roster back in the '50s because "he was too dumb to remember the plays." It's football, not quantum physics. Ben will be fine.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #24
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I'm all for giving Ben a larger role on offense. We have to find out if this guy is worth resigning to a monster deal and to see if he can really become a legit franchise QB....I'm glad Bruce Ariens isn't going to baby Big Ben like Cowher did. As for Ben taking shots at Bill Cowher...I could careless just as long as Ben can back it up on the field. Then it will prove Ben was right and Bill Cowher was just a stubborn SOB. Which Bill Cowher was alot of times in his career. Remember Steeler Nation Bill Cowher was a great 2-4 in AFC Title games which 5 of those games were in Pittsburgh. So yes I liked Bill Cowher overall but I will always have this thought in the back of my mind that we should have had at least 1 or 2 more Super Bowl wins in the Cowher era. True the players play the game and its their fault as well but coaching has to take part of the blame also....So I hope Ben throws for 30 TDs this year and sticks it to Coach Cowher...

Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 05-26-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #25
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew102e View Post
ah gawd i am flashing back to the year of the 'tommy gun'

i hope it works, it would be fun to watch, and i love the steelers with a big lead, less ulcers that way :)

but frankly...i am not sure if ben is smart enough to run a no huddle...most of the time he just doesnt seem that intelligent to me, so calling plays, setting protections, audibles, i dunno if he can can handle it

i guess we will see how intelligent he is this year and if he worth a new big contract. i hope he succeeds so that all the people who doubt him and stick it.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #26
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew102e View Post
lol, I hear ya.

As for your other comments, I agree and I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea but we will never know until we take off "Big" Ben's training wheels. He's asking for it and since Cowher, Whisenhunt and the beer man apparently held him back during his 24 INT season let the kid have it and see what he cand do.

If it doesn't work out I'm sure he (among certain others in the Steeler "fan" base) have the excuses lined up for him with "Tomlin put too much responsibility on Ben." being the most common.

Eitherway, here's to hoping all goes well and he proves to the Steeler faithful that he is capable of taking the next step, at least on the football field.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 05-26-2007 at 04:26 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #27
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Ben actually threw 23 picks last year....But he started off throwing 0 TDs and 7 picks in his first three games....He finished the year throwing 18 TDs and 16 picks. Not great by no means but at least he was plus 2 over his last 15 games....Ben can say all he wants that his injuries didn't effect his play last year. But it was clear that the injuries did effect him physically and mentally....I give him credit for him sucking it up and playing through it all. I think that rough year made him a stronger player. When I see a pitcher in MLB missing 4-6 weeks with an appendix then it makes me think how Ben came back as quick as he did last year.

Now is Ben without his faults...Hell no he isn't and he has alot of work to do in his game to be a great NFL QB. But I expect he will show he is the real deal this year. I say 30 TD passes.lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #28
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Ben actually threw 23 picks last year
lol, sorry. One off there. Lost count at one point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
But I expect he will show he is the real deal this year.
I hope so.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:07 PM   #29
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

I don't like it really... I understand they are only considering using it once in a while... but once in a while to me is like once every other game fors a drive or two... not nearly as often as I think, most fans or the team is considering. I would much rather have pound it, then take deep shots when the other team is sold... either way I support everything the team does.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I just think that we need to stay with our smash mouth football that has won us a Super Bowl just 2 years ago. Our defense wins games and if we go to that spread it out offense with 4 WR's then we are not that kind of defensive team. The longer our offense is on the field the better our defense is, and that goes for every NFL team...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote