Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default What a joke the Chiefs have become!

The Biggest Joke in the NFL

Unless they let one of the cheerleaders coach the team, I'm not sure this franchise could get any worse.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196
Default Re: What a joke the Chiefs have become!

Lets check the cheerleaders resume before we jump to any conclusions about that point. I smell a new thread here "most over rated coach"

Don't have much sympathy for Green though, comes across as another whiny crybaby who isn't getting his way. From what I understand he has been given the opportunity to compete for the starting job in KC. So whats the problem Trent?? Your feelings got hurt because you aren't named the starter going into camp??

As far as the FO not being in any hurry to deal him, why would they be??? Why do the Dolphins any favors?? So they can knock KC out of the last playoff spot???

I nominate TG for this weeks "STFU and get off my TV" award
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Jeremy
Banned

Trent Green has been a class act his whole career and the Chiefs treat him like dogshit. Larry Johnson is the definition of dogshit (and I am a Penn State fan) and the Chiefs treat him like gold.

No wonder they're never a serious playoff team.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
rbryan
Team President

Just out of curiosity, what are you basing the Larry Johnson comment on?

I always thought TG was a stand up guy (I used to think the same about Faneca) but who is Green to dictate where he plays?? HE'S UNDER CONTRACT. KC can do whatever they want with him because he agreed to sign that contract. Maybe, just maybe, it's thier perogative to keep him around as a backup since they've paid him Million$ already.

Being a stand up guy and doing his job is why he got paid those million$. Is he the only one who played hard and gave his all to the team?? "It's a business" when players are turning thier back on the fans and selling out for the money, yet when the shoe is on the other foot they cry about how they've been personally disrespected.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are you basing the Larry Johnson comment on?
Two huge things stick out in my mind.

1. He said it's easier for black players to play for black coaches because black coaches can relate to what black players went through. Larry Johnson grew up as an upper middle class kid in Virginia and Central Pennsylvania. I had a tougher time growing up and I'm as white as a ghost.

2. Reports out of KC talk about how he sits in team meetings and text messages friends instead of being part of the team.

The kid is a spoiled punk. He was a spoiled punk at Penn State and he's a spoiled punk now. But the Chiefs act like he's a saint. It makes me sick.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
rbryan
Team President

Being a Penn State alum, of course I'd like to think that all Penn State players are the greatest, but he is a tool sometimes. It's a "what have you done for me lately" business. Right now he's the toast of the town, but he too will face the harsh reality of life in the NFL when his contract outlasts his ability.

I understand that TG was more of a team player during his career than maybe someone like Johnson. Bottom line, when you can't produce anymore, no one owes you anything.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Green lost his job due to injury.

The Chiefs told him if he could find a trade partner,they would deal him there.He found that team in the Dolphins,but they don't want anything less than a fourth-round pick.The Dolphins are offering a sixth I think it is.

Also,the Chiefs don't want to pay Green's salary this year,but Green won't restructure.They agreed to the contract that he signed,and they now don't want to honor it.

The Chiefs sure are sounding shady,they don't want to honor the deals they make with thier players.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
The Biggest Joke in the NFL

Unless they let one of the cheerleaders coach the team, I'm not sure this franchise could get any worse.
You can say that again.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,487 Times in 3,951 Posts

the dumbass cheifs have put themselves in a predicament. they have 3 options and only 3:

trade him
pay him
cut him

they dont want to pay him, and they know he has more value (to one club) than to cut him. the chiefs think they are in the drivers seat, but really it is the dolphins doing them a favor by offering anything. if the dolphins call their bluff, the chiefs will be forced to scrap all their plans and pay $7 mil for a backup or start somebody they have no intentions of starting, or simply cut him for nothing...

this is a simple game of who blinks 1st. the chiefs have the most to lose, and even though they got what the dolphins want, the dolphins are clearly in the drivers seat.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:10 AM   #10
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Chiefs can get worse. They can become the new whipping boy of the league let alone the AFC West. At least the Raiders improved by unloading Moss the cancer.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote