Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #11
STEELERDYNASTY
Water Boy

Member Number: 211
Default Re: Duce to have carries in week 1.

I hope Willie comes in and leaves NO DOUBT about the future of RB position in the Steel City....we will have the best depth at the position in the NFL!

Duce and Bussy rested up and heathy for the stretch run.....=SCARY!
Old 09-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #12
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
Not saying a bunch fo carrys only a couple to get him warmed up, i have team pass and saw the video, bill used the words"Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".So no misunderstanding him since i watched the video ;).
Actually he said this lol

Q: If Duce and Joey don?t play, how do you feel about their replacements?
And maybe was it good in preseason that you got a chance to play them. I don?t think there?s any question. Whether Duce plays or not, Willie (Parker) is going to start. And Verron (Haynes) is going to be a part of it. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. Joey has played some in this camp, more than Duce, but whether he comes back and plays, James Harrison is still going to play a lot of football. And I feel very good about James. I think you look at James Harrison and Willie Parker, I think it was good. Willie didn?t get a lot of reps, but he?s been here, he?s a second-year guy. I feel pretty good about him. But certainly when James Harrison has stepped in, he?s played at a very high level.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #13
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

So we are all confused. So basically what you guys are saying is that Willie is going to start and Vernon is going to back up while Duce may see some action if he can.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #14
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

I'm pretty sure if Willie comes out and has two 100 yard games and plays very well, he isnt coming out of the lineup. Cowher already has a liking for this guy, if he runs well, blocks well (which definetly is his poision) then I don't see Cowher pulling him, period.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #15
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel - X
So we are all confused. So basically what you guys are saying is that Willie is going to start and Vernon is going to back up while Duce may see some action if he can.
yes that is what iam saying X, i have team pass and watched the video unlike Figg who has a quote form a press box person. i rly whish i could copy the video but i dotn feel like getting sued."Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".but as i dont want to fight over this we will see on sunday.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #16
Steel - X
Team Captain

If Willie is cracked up to all the hype he is getting this would be great for us. I am sure he already knows what a couple of good starts can do for him $$. With the status of the bus (retire) and Staley (injury prone) this has all the makings of another great back in the burgh.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #17
Black-n-Gold
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 602

It's possible, not too many thought Roethlisberger was going to be ready to handle the starting job until Maddox's injury let him prove himself.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #18
Steel - X
Team Captain

Quote:
yes that is what iam saying X, i have team pass and watched the video unlike Figg who has a quote form a press box person. i rly whish i could copy the video but i dotn feel like getting sued."Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".but as i dont want to fight over this we will see on sunday.
This could be fun though Jersey!!! Good info Good info appreciate it, keep up the good work.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #19
Da Boot
Water Boy

Member Number: 513

Thats interesting. I listened to the press conference too and didnt hear anything about that, maybe I missed something. Either way I would be real surprised if Duce touched the ball at all unless he is almost 100% healthy or Willie or Veron (knock on wood) get hurt.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #20
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Actually I watched the press confrence on FSP at 11:30 last night.
And he said word for word what I pasted. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. The guy hasnt even gone through a full practice, missed all of camp, and didnt play one snap of preseason.